Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Employee Reviews for Musician

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Found 2 reviews matching the search See all 1,306 reviews
Fun and Educational company to work for.
Orchestra musician (Former Employee) –  Miami (head office)21 May 2014
Working for Royal Caribbean was a once in a life time experience where I was essentially getting paid to travel the world.

The job was to be part of the on board Orchestra, playing all kinds of shows to entertain the guests, whether this be playing in the weekly production of Saturday Night Fever, sight reading a guest entertainer show, or playing Jazz for the captains cocktail party on formal night.

This role really helped me to gain a feeling of responsibility, as i was in charge of my own performance on stage and off stage and all issues relating to the Drums would be my responsibility to resolve.

As well as this as the orchestra drummer, I was in charge of all the other drummers on the ship. My role with this was to ensure that standards were kept, and the general maintenance of the drums was up to standard.
Pros
Short hours, seeing the world, making great friends, gaining professional music experience, doing what I love and getting paid.
Cons
Constant Time changes, lack of job security once contracts finished.