Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Employee Reviews

Found 43 reviews matching the search See all 1,691 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
Suite Concierge, Dated (Current Employee) –  Worldwide25 December 2018
As being a Suite Concierge, my job is to take care of our high valued guests, meet and greet, provide suite benefits information, communicate with other divisions onboard to make sure guest's expectations are met/exceeded to fullest. Follow up with guests and resolve any issues to their satisfaction.

I love my job, it gives me an opportunity to meet various people around the world, to understand different cultures, to offer personalize service and it motivate me to go above and beyond.

In Royal Caribbean we follow a very strong business ethics. We get equal opportunities to grow professionally. The selection/interview process is fair. The management is very supportive and helps an individual to achieve his/her goal.
Pros
Onboard we are offered free meal, accommodation and other benefits appropriate to the position.
Cons
Long hours, 7 days a week and no day off
great
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region21 October 2018
this is a great company to work with. It provides employees with good benefits great salary packages. It also provides insurance, work life balance. Most recommended company so far!
Pros
flexible schedule; work for home availability
A global experience
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Global17 August 2018
Working onboard a ship is unlike anything else on this planet. The cool thing is that change happens fast and you can effect change in a meaningful way and see those results within days versus what might take months in a land based position. The schedule might be tough but seeing your employees succeed makes it all worth it.
Pros
Global and multi-cultural experience
Cons
Can be hard to be away from home, plus the opposite of the above, sometimes cultural conflicts arise.
Nice place to work bit long hours of duty
Seaman (Former Employee) –  Europe6 March 2018
Long hours of work but it's good that you are able to visit different places and countries for free. The salary is only $700.00. Free board & meals but the internet is quite expensive.
Pros
Free board & meals
Cons
Long hours of work
Embarquement des passagers
Stage scolaire de 2 jours (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC26 February 2018
Ce que j'ai appris, c'est de bien faire le service à la clientèle et ça ma permis de voir durant 2 jours à faire l'embarquement des passagers et à faire l'inscription à bord du navire.
Pros
mini formation bien et simple
Challenging job, huge workplace and gives opportunities to be a traveler around the globe at your off duty.
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  USA,Caribbean,Europe,Asia,Australia,New Zealand9 February 2018
*Typical work hours is 10- 12 hours. accommodating / serving passengers 2,500 or up depending on the kind of ship your into.
*I Learned lots of things that are work related, understanding different personalities with different cultures, work safety, and socialization.
* Management - mostly if there is no balance of population of citizenship of crew members, there is big possibilities of what they so called Paisano / same citizenship business.
* Hardest part of the Job during Holidays where there is more of work demands and less of manpower.
* Most enjoyable part of the job. if your time off is at your favorite place, country or port and have the opportunity to go shore leave for almost half of the day.
Pros
Free accommodation, free meals, free access of lots of facilities, commodities, free airfare & hotel upon sign on & sign off's.
Cons
Long hours of work. no day off's only vacation for a month.
You get paid doing what u love to do and travel a lot
Professional Musician (Former Employee) –  Worked mostly out of Florida1 February 2018
Loved playing music for a living and getting to travel around the world. Enjoyed meeting many people from around the world. Flight, accomidations, food all paid for.
Pros
Travel, play music, free food, meeting a lot of people
Cons
Spent many weeks away from home
Horrible company with barely any pay or benefits
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Worldwide5 December 2017
I worked here for a very short period of time, but during this time I would sell various souvenir type products to cruise ship guests. There was a lot of pressure to sell and meet daily targets, but even if you did meet those targets, you would not get a decent paycheck.
Pros
Get to see the world.
Cons
10+hr days.
fun workplace
Third Cook/ Assistant Pastry Chef (Current Employee) –  Europa Lake, BC19 October 2017
Working in RCCL is really tiring but fun. people are kind and considerate. there's just times that the employee in a lower tier is required to do the job of those in a higher level without extra pay because the salary is fixed per month until it goes as a routine. however chef's are all cooperative you can just count in a finger those who aren't. I learn a lot of things and still got time to mingle with Filipino friends since there's a monthly crew party.
Pros
you can travel for free. you will learn a lot of things
Cons
long hours and you will realized that salary is kinda low.
long hrs of work
Commis 1 (Former Employee) –  fort lauderdale miami7 October 2017
good training for young ones.can travel anywhere.good experince.
i meet a lot of people in different raise.good management.

free everything.but the salary is low
Pros
free luch
Cons
13 hrs a day for 10 months no day off
Fun work
Purser Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Miami21 September 2017
Working on the Ship was one of my best work experience by far and I will do it again if I have a chance. I able to travel and work at the same time. Free lodge and food. Best people to work with.
Pros
Free food and lodge
Cons
you work 7 days/week 10hrs/day
Productive place and great team work
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Miami10 September 2017
A typical day at work it's about maintanace for all electrical equipment . I enjoy troubleshooting on all this equipment . I enjoy working with multicultural crew
Pros
Great food
Cons
11 hours working time per day
its a great company to work with
Head Waiter (Current Employee) –  Florida, ON3 August 2017
The Company has provided me an exceptional platform for an international exposure by getting the customers from all over the world in one place, which gave me an opportunity to serve know about their culture & habits.
It is one of the best company to work with,as it takes a great care of their employees in terms of learning, training knowledge & all other means without any discrimination of religion & place.
The hardest part of my job was to adjust myself with the ship life as it is a little different from working on land. but I used to enjoy my work place as being a part of one of the biggest hospitality company.
Pros
onboard 24 hours medical care for the crew.
Cons
not being negative but some people suffer from sea sickness
produtive andfun workplace
Gallery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
Working on royal caribbean cruse ltd was in creable momet the crew members a verry nice people wrking on the she has made me learn alot just wanna go back
Pros
frre lunch
Cons
long hour
High standards and fast paced enviroment
Beverage Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  World wide28 June 2017
I Worked there for 7 years, I leaned, traveled the world, made many friends ans had the opportunity to grow in my Carrer with hight stantards of service and busy hours of work.
Pros
Fast paced enviroment with a lot os opportunities to grow.
Cons
Long contracts and long hours.
Amazing place for individuals
Lead Bartender/Mixologist (Former Employee) –  Miami, MB26 April 2017
Royal Caribbean International is a great company to work and enhance your career. Hard Work doesn't go unnoticed there. If you are willing to work hard and enjoy life along its a great company to work for. I Would have continued working there unless i didn't had to get married.
Strong Management and solid opportunities for career advancement
Dive Manager, Aquatics Department (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FL5 March 2017
This was a great pace to be employed. I learned a tremendous amount about how to lead a team of professionals in areas such as sales, safety and compliance.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Extended time in remote areas such as Haiti.
Bar Waitress Attendant
Beverage service and Housekeeping, Baby-Sitting (Former Employee) –  Miami, MB3 March 2017
Royal Caribbean one of the best companies I have worked for. In terms of organization, taking care of crew member in terms of accomodations, food and recreations I will give it a excellent. We were rigidly trained for emergencies since we were basically living on a vessel. Every week we were trained to go to our muster stations in order to ensure the safety and security of our guests and the crew.
For purposes of public health they made sure we meet the standards. We are well trained crew member and I can say its Royal the name stands for itself.
Workplace culture was good since we were so diverse people from different walks of life but we still maintain the friendliness and enjoyed our work there but still lived in peace and harmony.
I give it a thumbs up!!!! I miss you Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. The waking up part of training we were like military people getting up to make sure we go to our trainings and waking up for stores in order to replenish our stocks for the day. We had to work in systematic way to cope up ourselves on the ship fast paced life. The most enjoyable part was dealing with our guests I could say I enjoyed it and loved the incentives and tips that came with it. and of course experiencing to the world in an inexpensive way.
Pros
free food, free uniforms free beddings and sheets and toiletries
Cons
no day off only time off
Very exciting and dinamic place to work with diverse personnel.
Specialty Dining Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, MB14 February 2017
Place where it's possible to develop and reach high level of skilled manager. It's necessary to be persistent and not quit, the dinamic of the Cruise line hospitality can be very challenging.
Pros
Free meals, free accommodation and tax free salary.
Cons
Long hours in very dinamic shifts trough the day.
Too many hours,no day off, low money
Assistant Waiter (Former Employee) –  Miami, Folrida, US29 December 2016
The first year were great, the second the salary came down and took everybody's mood. Too many hours,no day off, low money
Cons
Too many hours, no day off, low money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2