Royal Canadian Yacht Club
View all Royal Canadian Yacht Club reviews

Royal Canadian Yacht Club

Royal Canadian Yacht Club Employee Review

Great place to work if you need money, but must be willing to work sometimes insane shifts and hours (especially if you're in banquets). Great place to meet people and new friends, everyone is super friendly. On your feet a lot, so must be physically capable. Hardest part of the job are the hours and how much it physically takes a toll on you. Excellent summer job.

Pros

Staff meals are ok, supervisors and managers are super nice and approachable, very flexible hours

Cons

long hours, physically demanding

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Stressful, poorly managed, and overly political work environment.

The management is a joke, its more common of the members to be rude, work/life balance was nonexistent (15 days work with 1 day off?). But you learn how to deal with difficult clients pretty quickly, and how to keep your cool and disassociate from your personality in the face of disrespectful club members. Due to this, I would vouch for the RCYC to be an excellent place to learn how to serve in an extremely stressful environment.

Great place to work, the best of all, great view of the city.

I truly enjoyed my time at the RCYC. I recommend that if you get a chance to work here, take it. All round great management, exceptional heritage, fantastic Venue, fabulous view of the city.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Amazing Work Place

Anyone who has a desire and tough skin to learn and grow in food production, I would hardly recommend working at the RCYC. Extremely knowledgable and approachable Executive Chef, talented Sous Chefs, and a great team. Expect hard work, stressful situations, and occasional yelling. But it's pretty normal in any kitchen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Canadian Yacht Club. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Royal Canadian Yacht Club Reviews by Location

• Royal Canadian Yacht Club
  • Great place to work if you need money and are willing to work insane hours during the summer.