Royal Canadian Yacht Club Employee Reviews

boring but kind atomosphere
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2019
good job for students who want to do their homework while they do reception. meals were provided so that was amazing i believe it was like 3 bucks a day taken out of your pay
Stay away from this place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2018
Horrible management and the staff is greatly underappreciated. Everyone in this place is either a senior manager or a supervisor telling staff from different departments what to do and how to do it. The pay is low and there are no other incentives. To top it all there are way too many politics, meaning sometimes the right decisions cannot be taken for fear of upsetting a member or a senior manager. It is not worth it to go above and beyond since this won't get you anywhere.
Positive place to work with a very professional management
Food server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2018
All the servers, busboys are mostly there for one season only. It would be better if the Club provided with an opportunity for such personnel to work full-time with an opportunity to grow within the organization. That would allow good and hard-working people to stay for a much longer period with the organization.
Overall, management is very professional, nice and polite. The workplace culture changes from year to year because 90% of people are always new.
Pros
Work on the island, fresh air
Cons
Snobby members
Stiffled atmosphere
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
Really stuffy persona everyone has. They try to have inclusion but it seems like just for show. They try to create employee rograms but don't really try to reach employee perspective.
Pros
some employee perks
Cons
stuffy atmosphere
A great place for a summer job
Rigger and Assistant Travel Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2014
I absolutely loved working as part of the Marine Yard at RCYC. The gentlemen I worked with were very wise, knowledgeable and encouraging.
I learnt that I certainly would like to continue working in the Marine Industry and am inspired to learn and do as much as I can, even if it's not working with RCYC directly.
I was hesitant to be the only female in a group of 15 men, however I have not only gained so much confidence in my abilities as a person but have gained some really great friends. Working on Toronto Island is very peaceful and allows a few relaxing moments on the commute to work.
Pros
Coworkers, Setting and Location
Cons
Wages
Productive and friendly place to work
CHEF (Former Employee) –  toronto islands21 September 2012
Preparing for buffets and serving over 200 people was rewarding.
Pros
meeting and serving customers was great.
Cons
short hours
production line maintenance.
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2012
im working any available shift. learned to operate and maintained high speed cigts. machine,machine parameter set up,trouble shooting,developed ideas concerning modification and improvement of the machine.multy skilled hard working and strong team player.the most enjoyable part of my job is to continouys learning for any kind of work done.
Cons
defened on schedule