Royal Camp Services

Royal Camp Services Employee Reviews

Very busy fast paced productive environment..safety oriented

I was hired on site did exams and safety exam on site and was ready to go out to camp the same day..I worked kitchen making sandwiches and food items for lunches for about 450 workers.. did 12 hour shifts didn't stop much as duties on night shift kept me busy.. worked with great team everyone helped each other with duties to be done before 5 am served breakfast and performed light breakfast duties then did clean up and went to safety meeting when done at 9am and gave input on any changes or incident reports.. it was a great experience to work in a camp setting..the food and housekeeping services were incredible.. it was my first time in a camp setting..and I would love to work in a camp setting again..hourly wage should be higher for the amount of duties required..

Pros

Meals and accommodation were free.. you have your own room

Cons

Long hours 9pm to 9am but the time went by fast..

Constantly working and only fun when you go home.

If you even try to ask for some days they'll accept your request, but Royal Camp will never take you back so be careful this happened to three people I known of. One work she had 12 yrs with them she requested to attend a funeral Royal Camp accepted her request and And she never got an email or phone call back form the. At all!.

Pros

Lunch good

Cons

12 hour shifts

12 October 2021
This review is incorrect. Royal Camp Services has a straightforward vacation request policy. Furthermore, it is common for staff who leave due to being seasonal workers, or having family / school commitments to return at a later date in the future. If you are someone who is looking to return, please contact the recruitment team.

Busy! But fun and relaxed environment

Being an admin, I think that the work life balance is excellent as management is accommodating. During the busy season you are busy and self motivation is required. I think that we are paid fairly but the benefits could be better. Office location doesn't have bussing which can be difficult if you dont drive. They have gotten better at advising when changes occur in the company but could still be improved.

Pros

Hours, salary, atmosphere isnt toxic

Cons

Benefits, lack of communication about the co

I enjoyed working at Royal Camps very much.

I worked well with the management and all staff at Royal Camp.I like that it's very fast paced and as a camp attendant I was able to work on my own without supervision and able to preform my duties on task in the amount of time asked of me with the assurity that the standard of cleaning was to the utmost of best standards according to management without any problems whatsoever.I loved my job and I would love to come back and work for Royal Camps and Catering in the near future possibly.

Pros

Fast pace energy, work on your own, friendly staff, beautiful camps.

Great food, co-workers,generals,

All around great place to work and co-habitate. The kitchen staff are ace.the travel to and from is supplied and the people are mannerely.the mixing stations works,

Lyfestyle camp work

Greatvpkace to work if your single can pass a drug test and dont mind living out of a bag. Mostly seasonal unless you can get a permanent job in one of the big camps.

Cons

Overtime

Fast paced, long rotations

I liked working camp, you meet tons of great people and your weeks fly by. This job is perfect for people who don't want a life outside of work your typical rotations are 21 days on with 7 days of so 75 percent of your time will be out at camp working 12 hour shifts everyday not recommended for anyone who cant be on their feet all day long!!

Pros

Free food and room board, good pay checks

Cons

Benefits suck, being away from loved ones, long days

Not what it’s look like

This company is full of bluff .. full of empty promises. They care about themselves only. Super unsafe environment at work.. the camp I worked has a very bad accommodation for staff.. lots of stress and pay is minimum. Benefits are also the lowest level one. Being working for this company for such a long time, no increment at all. But actually they reduce your money if you go to different sites.. but of course their favourites always get raise.. no problem.. just keep looking for new job

Pros

Free food

Cons

Very thing

Good company to work for

Great people awesome management very professional, money good,most important about royal camp safety is there first priority, they people I worked with are helpful, pay on time

Pros

Money

Cons

Managers

Fun place to work if yu want opportunity this is where one wants to be

I've been with royal camps for over a yr now they got all different camps all over BC Albert And Saskatchewan if yu want opportunity in a friendly environment where safety first quality always. Come join the team.

Pros

Free room free food

Cons

No cons awesome money

One of the best experiences ever

Wonderful company to work for overall... treated well Just found at camps, the favouritism is blatant... hard to approach camp management When having difficulties with another staff member...especially if that staff member is on the favourite list...or having difficulties in general... I found the management would share personal info with said staff...

Pros

Set hours

Cons

Management is unprofessional, communication poor

There is a lot of confusion in the management, like who is responsible for what. Also poor or no communication between management and employees. The vehicle fleet is old (a lot of them over 400,000 km) and in some cases not safe. Issues that drivers point out do not get addressed, or get addressed very late.

Pros

Free lunches but no time to eat them.

Cons

Long hours and no breaks (except for fuelling)

5 August 2020
Thanks for your feedback. Before every trip our vehicles are inspected by our transportation team for safety concerns and performance reliability. We do not and have not asked our transportation team to compromise on any safety concerns related to our fleet vehicles.

great people

This is an amazing place to work for but with the COVID-19 happening there is no room for raises as of yet. They try to keep everyone working as much as they can but depending on the camp your in there are a lot of restrictions. Face mask and other ppe, as well as cut hours for right now. This particular camp has you on a 12 hour schedule but your have a non paid 2 hour lunch break which takes away a lot of your overtime.

fired

One manager wrongly thought i had a connection with union and even without talking with me i was sent home and lost my job and never hire me back afterward

13 April 2020
Your review lists Fort McMurray as the place of work but we do not have an active facility in Fort McMurray.Given the date of your review it is most likely that you were removed from site due to a drop in client numbers caused by spring breakup, oil prices crashing, and / or covid-19. Please contact the recruitment department if you would like to verify eligibility for rehire once client demand increases.

Fairly decent place lots of.good staff

Overall it was pretty good work life balance could have been.a.bit better and communication wasnt the.best at times advancement was decent but training could have been.more

Pros

Good staff to work with free food and lodging

Cons

Short turn arounds at times lack of training

Good company to work for.

If you do a good job, you will be appreciated, depends on your manager. HR is helpful. Rotations are 2 weeks or 3 weeks, which depends on business. Little sacrifice to stay away from family, but one week off is good enough to catch up with family.

If you're looking for a fast paced job this is the job for you.

As a kitchen helper there was always something to do. I split up my time between dishes and working in the dining areas. It's definitely a lot of standing and moving around.

Great camps!!

I loved my job there. Enough said!! I might try to got back!! I miss the great camp managers. I miss the food, the great staff, the gym. I miss the days of hard work!!

2 March 2020
It is great to hear that you are interested in returning. If you re-apply for future roles be sure to show on your resume that you were a previous employee of Royal Camp Services.

amazing company from current chef

I have been cooking in remote sites close to 15 years and I have done tours with quite a few of the big players out there, Royal is one of the few companies that actually pay all of there employees 12 hour days, a lot have gone to 10s. wage is above any other company aside from union. The support I have received from the office has been fantastic, by keeping my dealings transparent and keeping everyone in the loop it's easy to maintain success

fun work place

the staff with direct you in what you need to know about working within the camp life background etc... and people who have work in camp will know what to except etc..

Steady work pretty much year round good overall experience.met lots of people and made new friends

It was an enjoyable experience.if it wasn’t for spring break up and fall break up it’s a great way to gain experience and excel.actually even with the break ups it’s not to bad just stick with it and keep in touch with them

2 March 2020
Thanks a lot for your comments. It is good to note that while most of our camps run year round, there is a seasonal slowdown that can happen in the spring and fall. We have a rehire process in place for laid-off employees who are interested in returning following the seasonal slowdowns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Camp Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement