Rowan Williams Davies & Irwin

Rowan Williams Davies & Irwin Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Reputable company. a diverse group of people, people with varied ethnicity. open to change and ideas. great infrastructure and lots of learning happening via the company. collaborative workflow.

wished had lasted longer. great experience.
Pros
Collaborative workflow.
Cons
pay
I was in the production shop, constructing models to be tested. The atmosphere of the place is amazing so welcoming with celebrations and small contests at holidays. A real place for growing. As a co-op for 4 months I do not have any cons.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
it was a great experience to learn about new stuff and working on a different project is a great experience to learn. learning about wind testing on highrise building was something different that i learnt
It truly was a great place to work. The whole 3-D printing, testing and wind tunnel line of work was very exciting and interesting. I learned a lot about the design and placement of buildings and bridges and the effects on the wind and landscape.
Pros
Salary and co-workers
Cons
They were moving to a new facility and were down sizing
The projects that are worked on are high profile and famous, which keeps the job always interesting. The building is a bit dated but people are nice and there is employee appreciation every once in a while.
From day one I felt welcomed and like a part of a team. It was a great working experience and taught me a lot about the industry and professionalism.
Great place to work where there was always exciting new jobs to test in the wind tunnel. The people i work with on a daily basis are creative and very intelligent. The hardest part of the my job would be some of the setups for the tests. I enjoyed the variation in the my everyday work.
Pros
Great work atmoshere.
Cons
Can have long hours.
Enjoyable place to work and great staff to work with! I would recommend this place for anyone looking for a great starting place to work!
Financial difficulties resulted in lay-offs and staff overturn. Management was sympathetic but unable to recover in the short term.
As long as you have a well defined role, you will love it here.