Rover.com Employee Reviews

Rover does not support its service providers
Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2018
I have been a 5 star sitter on Rover for years, made them lots of $. Active all through the spring and summer, over $2000 made this year alone. I have 18 raving reviews, i've been petsitting for 20 years, never had a negative review. Ever.

Had an irate customer leave a bad review because they didn't like that they had to pick up their dogs from my house. I told the customer I would be more comfortable coming later in the day (it was a snowstorm early in the morning and 297 accidents happened!). They refused and insisted they come get the dogs. I did offer! The customer lied about several things in his review (and I have proof that they lied), they contacted rover to get the review taken down and Rover refused.

The customers dogs damaged several things in my house-and their dogs had accidents every single day (despite walking them several times). I asked them to cover a portion of the damage, they refused, and Rover doesn't cover damages either-even though they claim to have insurance!

After all these years, Rover did not support me at all, they do not care about their service providers-they can see the proof that the review was a lie and they know I am a top provider. They would not make an exception and would not take the false review down.

I will NEVER use Rover again. It is pretty clear that they only care about their customers and not their service providers, because when you need help, you mean nothing to them. Don't ever work for them.
Cons
No support for service providers, no compensation for damages
Dog Sitting was a lot of fun
Dog Sitter (Current Employee) –  London Ontario22 August 2018
I enjoyed spending time with all the dogs in care. The walks and learning how to meet the needs of each individual dog. I am beginning to customize my program for every dog, who comes more than once. The first time is like getting to know each other, and is very relaxed. After the the imitation then pace will pick up a bit by proving activities for dogs, like a midnight swim, or walk in the park. I learned their are challenges in dog sitting too over come. I learned to prepared for the un expected and unusual. The Rover has been very helpful. I enjoyed using the Rover store. Rover has made it easier for people starting a dog sitting buissness. They are able to help resolve stressful situations, and assist the sitters in doing the best thing for the dog. I love being part of organization working toward a common goal. I also have a lot of fun with the dogs .
Pros
can use the Rover store
Cons
Sometimes it can be stressful or challenging
Excellent for Semi-Retired or Retired Individuals/Couples
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Saanichton, B.C., Canada22 August 2018
As an independent Rover Dog Boarder, we started boarding at the beginning of August and have already had 12 multi-day bookings from Rover clients, in the first 3 week of August. Definitely something to get into if you love dogs and know how to properly care for them. Rover's support system is fantastic and is only a quick phone call away if you need any questions answered.
Pros
You set your own schedule, accept booking when you wish and which dogs you wish to board.
Work on your own terms
Pet Sitter/Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  St. John’s, NL22 August 2018
Rover is great for supplemental income. I can choose when and where I work. I can set my own rates and availability. I’ve only been doing it a short time and have had lots of business.
Pros
Allows you to work how you want
Cons
No benefits, 20% of profit taken
Rover. Being your own boss
Dog Sitter/Walker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg Manitoba Canada22 August 2018
It takes time to grow and develop a customer base. If you love animals and truly want to help r opportunity is available to you here. Get to work with dogs
Pros
Work only when you want to
Cons
Don’t alwas get enough work
Doesnt feel like a job
Dog sitter (Current Employee) –  London, ON31 July 2018
If you love animals, then it will honestly not feel like a job. All you need to do is take excellent care of other peoples pets while their owners are away.

You make your own schedule, and everything! Rover just helps make the experience easier.
Very Good
Vancouver, B.C. - Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 July 2018
I've had the pleasure of working with Rover for just over a year, and in that short time I can say it has been one of the best job experiences I've ever had.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Some Clients
Decent job being around dogs
Dog Sitter/ Walker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2018
I like this job because I get to be around dogs- the animals I love most, I only wish my salary could be higher than what it is right now, and that it would be easier to attain clients.
Pros
Dogs
Cons
very few hours
Pleasent Career To Be In
Dog Walking (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 July 2018
My days as a Dog Walker involves walking dogs, entertaining and keeping them active as well as happy. My experience in this field shows how to prepare and make sure pets are treated well and properly. The Hardest part of the job is the goodbys. Especially when the pets look forward to seeing you come to walk them. The most enjoyable part of the job in making pet friends as well as friends in the pet parents that last a lifetime!!!
Great to start a buisness
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON23 June 2018
I have loved working with Rover, you get to set your own schedule and your own hours for what is convenient for you. I love that they have a 24 hour hotline because you never know when something may happen and they are quick to respond to make any adjustments to a stay.
Pros
own schedule
I am able to enjoy new dogs and help dog owners who are unable to attend to their dogs while away.
Dog Boarder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2017
I am able to meet new dogs and their owners. I am able to tend to the dogs needs as instructed by the owners. A typical day will include walking the dog. Taking the dog to the park and feeding the dog according to the owners instructions.
My favorite time of the day is when I get to play with the dog and get to know their fun personalities.
Pros
Comanionship, exercise and new challenges
Cons
early mornings
It's the joy of having a pet without long term commitment.
Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON23 August 2017
When it comes to a typical day it's a simple as caring for your own pet. So long as you love animals and are willing to care for another person's pet, it won't be a job. It will be an experience.