Rove Concepts

Rove Concepts Reviews

Canada6 reviews

Insights into Rove Concepts

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Not great

The same as all of the other reviews. The company can't seem to get it together, there's constantly one mess after another. Their systems always mess up, and we were just left to deal with it. Very unorganized, they sell it as a start up business in the interview, and make it sound like you'll have loads of autonomy to make decisions and help the company, when really you're just tidying up mess that higher management don't care about. All they care about is making money off selling bad products. They would do sales every week even though staff could not keep up with demand already, they just cared about the money. Other agents would literally cry every day because customers would be yelling at them. Workload is huge which no one can seem to keep up with. Management seemed to favorite certain people over others.

Pros

Free food, nice office, dog friendly office

Cons

Stressful, angry customers, bad products, unorganized

Avoid at all costs!

It definitely seems like a great job when you’re in training and during the interview process. In the beginning, I was super excited to work here. However, this job is very misleading and draining. Be prepared to deal with extremely angry and upset customers all day. The supervisors barely do anything and micro manage you all day. They talk about how this is the best job they’ve ever had, clearly because they don’t have to deal with any of the angry customers. This company is very unorganized and has countless problems with their shipping couriers. The management has little to no empathy for customers and doesn’t offer much to compensate for all the inconveniences caused. Furniture will arrive damaged or not arrive at all and that’s just normal to everyone. It’s very frustrating because you feel very hopeless and can’t really do much for the customers. I felt extremely bad for many people literally crying on the phone because they’ve spent thousands of dollars and haven’t received their furniture. The only good thing about this job was the nice office, benefits and free food. I wouldn’t even say the pay is that amazing for how overworked you are. It’s pretty much impossible to stay on top of all your emails and actually help people properly. Takes days to get a response from warehouses and couriers, most of the time their answer isn’t every helpful at all either. The typical vibe seems like no one really cares about the outcome of their actions whether that’s the delivery workers, warehouse workers, higher ups etc. I don’t understand how so many concerns from customers can just -

Would not recommend

Gives little to no time to deal with previous customers' ongoing situations as new complaints/problems are constantly given. I tried my best to help customers as their experiences were tainted (carrier issues, warehouse discrepancies etc.) but was never given enough time to complete my follow ups unless I do overtime. They definitely overworked their staff due to a high turnover rate. Employees tend to quit every month or two. They also had an unfair return policy and damage policy, admitted by the management team, so customers are usually upset at the compensations you offer, which will affect your overall score. For example, if something comes damage, the resolution is to give a replacement, which usually takes months on end due to it being back ordered. If the customer decides they do not want the replacement anymore, they will only refund the product price but not the shipping costs because the shipping is "completed", even though it came damaged. Although I had to deal with many upset customers, I was ok with it but the management was very inconsistent, which prevented me from delivering quality customer service. I honestly just felt bad for the customers. Ending it on a positive note: celebrated staff's birthdays, random hangouts after work (drinks are usually provided), lots of snacks provided, friendly staff.

Pros

Lots of snacks and drinks, dogs allowed in office, health benefits.

Cons

Expected a lot, messy management, understaffed, high turn over rate.

One of my worst jobs

Rove Concepts seems to be an amazing job when you’re in training – the office is modern and clean, the company provides free snacks, it has great benefits and pay, and it’s in a good location. The supervisors will boast about how great of a job it is, but that’s because they aren’t the ones that have to deal with upset customers one on one. Supervisors will make you deal with escalations and provide little to no support.The company has many delivery issues and system errors that at least 90% of the customers you will deal with are calling because they are upset. Customers believe that we are scamming them as we end up either losing their package, or it happens to be damaged upon arrival after spending thousands and thousands of dollars. The store policy is also ridiculous and it makes you feel terrible for not being able to provide a decent resolution. I personally could not stand working here as it was mentally draining, and often felt empathic for ripping off customers. Employees come and go every few months which just shows how bad of a company this is. It also shouldn’t be normal for employees to have to leave their desks to cry.Avoid at all costs and read customer reviews before applying!

Pros

Good pay and health benefits

Cons

Horrible company and work environment

Exciting and supportive work environment.

Rove Concepts were an early stage online furniture store based in Vancouver when I joined. The company has since grown considerably, ranking one of the top in North America. Problem solving is key to the busy day to day, with the logistics alone running a long line of potential issues. Swift and effective communication skills are essential, as I remained the primary contact for both customer and freight related concerns. The company owners and management are always supportive, offering steady career growth and fair remuneration review. Rove Concepts is a challenging and rapidly evolving workplace, with a great team and a positive future.

Pros

Great team, snacks and table tennis

Cons

Heavy workload

Inovative fast past workplace with a great team

In this industry you are always kept on your toes. There's always growth and change for the better which does come with growing pains but the teams are always supportive and willing to listen to new ideas.

Pros

Great benefits package

Cons

Bad customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rove Concepts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement