Roughrider International Ltd

Roughrider International Ltd Employee Reviews in Fort McMurray, AB

Do not tust managers, SR mine manager or the VP

worked here for over 3 years and learned that you can not trust anyone, i have seen employees here for over 6 years just all of a sudden get laid off for no reason and say its cost cutting, there are managers in position here that are useless and should of been let go before this employee, the employee was one of the longest employees this company has had. trust me do not work here if possible, and do not fall for the new devision they have started call McKay Roughrider Resources, the VP and Managers there are worse again then Roughrider.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

hahahaha to many to list here

Managers are very unprofessional

The owner of the company is awesome. The people running are unprofessional, suck ups, use intimidation to motivation its workers. Bad work environment to be in, lots of workers quitting like a revolving door. I would not reccomend working for this company. Lots of other places deserving of good, loyal employees.

Ain't bad place

They could do better for the employee's, but overall not bad. More money would be nice. Better PPE would be better cuz that is the one thing that really blows here...

worked for the for my RAP program

i worked for rr for my RAP program and it was a great experience everyone was very helpful and experienced i would have no problem going back and working for them again

Fun and great group of people to work with

Great group of people to work with, work was hard but enjoyable. Decent amount of overtime available you just have to want it, if you need a day of its easy to get one.

poor enviroment, poor wage

Very apparent there is no room to further your career with roughrider. work is very repetitive and monotonous. Pay is poor as well and a very high employee turnover

worst company in ft mcmurray

The worst company i ever worked for workers and management no clue what their doing that is why they are always looking for workers.If you are smart and know what your doing you won't last long others there get nervous of their job.They only pay half your wage for training.If your there is no other job out their still don't work for them

Pros

no pros

Cons

poor management no experience people, treated poorly

No job security

Never know when you will get a call that you are laid off with no answers or reason other than telling you are unsuitable for a job you have been doing for almost 1 and half years . Never been wrote up or anything. So I wish you good luck if You go to work for this company because you will need it

Pros

Cons

Lots

Too big too fast no structure..

Very poor place to work.management has no clue of what they are doing only for the guys with prevous experience in the field the company would founder as for new employees there is no training program fend for yourself an if you screw up oh well throw you to the wolves or rush back to the office sign off on some paper work so there in the clear oh an morning tool box's expect to hear your just a number with repetitive f bombs throw in here an there but I guess the pay still comes on time if that's what your looking for.....

Pros

Pay on time 7 days off coworkers are good

Cons

Too many to list

Production line was always flowing, management was amazing. The job wasnt hard at all as a matter of fact i enjoyed waking every morning to go to work

Pros

1 hour break

Cons

12 hour shifts

Best company in oil and gas

I have been working at Roughrider International for over a year now and have no complaints, the people around me are incredible, hard working people. My supervisor is very easy to talk to and is helpful in answering any questions I have. Any one would be lucky to work here, as they really make sure the employee is happy and comfortable.

Pros

Wonderful people

Family orientated

Great work environment, but to excel need to be a relation/close acquaintance to management. Job orientation very poor, expectation to find out on your own or fail. Employees not respected, yelled at, few angry supervision. Shift change very accomodating

Pros

Good wage, good shift changes, great accommodations, great employees

Cons

Poor management, vague orientation, angry upper management

productive company

You keep busy at your job , I learned the job site , Meet new people , Learn to be safe around your job site. Good Environment to work in. I enjoy Driving trucks and operating equipment.

Prductive company

Most part your busy doing your job, good work environment. I enjoy operating and driving trucks. I learned my way around the job site and meeting new people and be safe.

Best small Company in the Oilsands

Very good safety oriented small Company to work for, couldn't ask for better Management and good eager to please co-workers.

decent workplace, supervisors were not good

My bosses weren't the greatest. Only seemed to have one that knew what he was doing.

Stressful place to work for little pay

4:30am-9:30pm Cost accounting,procurement of parts,and equipment,expediting to site,inventory control.Being a salesman for 30+ years it was refreshing to learn a new avenue of work,Purchasing and inventory control.Management was self indulged so I basically was my own boss.My co-workers where fine people and hard workers.Ordering and Procurement of parts and equipment in a timely fashion and expediting in the required time frame.Meeting new people and the challenges incurred.

Pros

learning a different avenue of work.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roughrider International Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement