Roughrider International Ltd Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Not worth the time and effort
Just a number (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 June 2018
Very high turnover rate. Don't value long term employees which are disappearing quickly. Just a real bad working environment. Family run spoiled rich boy mentality.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
worst company in ft mcmurray
Fuel and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB2 May 2018
The worst company i ever worked for workers and management no clue what their doing that is why they are always looking for workers.If you are smart and know what your doing you won't last long others there get nervous of their job.They only pay half your wage for training.If your there is no other job out their still don't work for them
Pros
no pros
Cons
poor management no experience people, treated poorly
No job security
No one important (obviously) (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 December 2017
Never know when you will get a call that you are laid off with no answers or reason other than telling you are unsuitable for a job you have been doing for almost 1 and half years . Never been wrote up or anything. So I wish you good luck if
You go to work for this company because you will need it
Pros
Cons
Lots
Too big too fast no structure..
Lube tech (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 October 2017
Very poor place to work.management has no clue of what they are doing only for the guys with prevous experience in the field the company would founder as for new employees there is no training program fend for yourself an if you screw up oh well throw you to the wolves or rush back to the office sign off on some paper work so there in the clear oh an morning tool box's expect to hear your just a number with repetitive f bombs throw in here an there but I guess the pay still comes on time if that's what your looking for.....
Pros
Pay on time 7 days off coworkers are good
Cons
Too many to list
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 July 2017
Production line was always flowing, management was amazing.
The job wasnt hard at all as a matter of fact i enjoyed waking every morning to go to work
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
12 hour shifts
Best company in oil and gas
Field (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 March 2017
I have been working at Roughrider International for over a year now and have no complaints, the people around me are incredible, hard working people. My supervisor is very easy to talk to and is helpful in answering any questions I have. Any one would be lucky to work here, as they really make sure the employee is happy and comfortable.
Pros
Wonderful people
Family orientated
Operation/ Maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 November 2016
Great work environment, but to excel need to be a relation/close acquaintance to management. Job orientation very poor, expectation to find out on your own or fail. Employees not respected, yelled at, few angry supervision. Shift change very accomodating
Pros
Good wage, good shift changes, great accommodations, great employees
Cons
Poor management, vague orientation, angry upper management
productive company
Fuel Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 June 2016
You keep busy at your job , I learned the job site , Meet new people , Learn to be safe around your job site. Good Environment to work in. I enjoy Driving trucks and operating equipment.
Prductive company
Fuel Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 June 2016
Most part your busy doing your job, good work environment. I enjoy operating and driving trucks. I learned my way around the job site and meeting new people and be safe.
Best small Company in the Oilsands
Supervisor/Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Mcmurray, AB9 July 2015
Very good safety oriented small Company to work for, couldn't ask for better Management and good eager to please co-workers.
decent workplace, supervisors were not good
Yardsman/Fueler (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 January 2014
My bosses weren't the greatest. Only seemed to have one that knew what he was doing.
Stressful place to work for little pay
Sales / Purchasing Analyst / Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Fort MacMurray, AB3 May 2012
4:30am-9:30pm Cost accounting,procurement of parts,and equipment,expediting to site,inventory control.Being a salesman for 30+ years it was refreshing to learn a new avenue of work,Purchasing and inventory control.Management was self indulged so I basically was my own boss.My co-workers where fine people and hard workers.Ordering and Procurement of parts and equipment in a timely fashion and expediting in the required time frame.Meeting new people and the challenges incurred.
Pros
learning a different avenue of work.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roughrider International Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7