Rouge Valley Health System Employee Reviews

Ok
Program Manager (Major Gifts Officer) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2018
Ok place to work for. Improvements in work load would make it better. Not much support from senior management. Need better communication from top down.
Good place with good people
GREETER (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON16 April 2018
As a volunteer the environment was energetic and positive. I helped to set up the stations for an event and greeted people who came. It was very productive and enjoyable.
Pros
People and environment
Cons
Great internship experience, too bad it was dissolved!
Public Affairs Intern (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 March 2018
This was a great organization to work for. Lots of opportunities to work on desired skills, management was generally great, very focused on interns' success and learning opportunities!
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
Doesn't exist anymore
Poor health system
Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 February 2018
I can sympathize with people who use the health care system.

Not enough employees to cover shifts.
Too many part time workers when full time staff are needed.

It appears that management is only interested in year end bonuses.

Staff won't take responsibility for their mistakes.

Class training needed if you hire people who have no experience in a health care setting.

Paging system antiquated.
Pros
Excellent wages
Cons
No paid benefits for part time workers
great job
Patient service representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2018
This is a very great environment to work over there year years of working at this work place I have learned a lot and overall enjoyed the time and form of work I was given
Pros
heath care
Cons
Great place to work, supportive to staff and opportunity for growth and advancement
Project Implementation Coordinator, (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2017
Always busy environment however very rewarding. Strong team dynamics within units. Opportunity for advancement and support with tuition assistance. Staff are friendly and dedicated.
Amazing work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
If your are a student or looking into Career in Hospital environment this is an amazing place to start. Great experience and room to Grow. Good pay and good hours. Staff are amazing. Must have background in whatever field you're trying to get into.
Pros
Staff amazing
A Good Organization to Work For
Support Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
The average day is always quite busy. One must be able to multitask and prioritize workload. Management, for the most part, is very fair in this rapidly changing environment. Everyone there works towards the common goal of providing quality care. I have thoroughly enjoy my time working there, through the ups and downs.
work short do more with less
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 April 2017
come in worker sick not replaced have to do same amount of work for less
Manager was never in department covers many areas and always at meetings
would not even drop in to say hi
Great Place
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2017
Excellent organization that is driven by patient satisfaction and maintaining excellence in patient care delivery.
Busy office with friendly staff members
Medical Office Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
I have been working here for about 3 weeks, and my duties are filing, booking appoitments, greeting patients, answering phone calls, and calling to confirm patients' upcoming appointments.
Difficult management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 August 2016
At the centenary site- management needs to really needs to rethink their structure. Cutting front line workers like RN's, RPN's, PSWs is not an effective way to cut costs because it just jeopardizes patient care- the main reason why a hospital is in business.
Pros
ONA union, Hoopp
Cons
old computer systems, pharmacy work short hours & do not have enough staff, nurse to patient ratio can be anywhere from 1:5 to 1:10 depending on department. Unsafe
Productive and fun workplace to work
Diagnostic Imaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2016
I have learned to register patients, book appts and help the patients.

My co-workers are very helpful and fun to work with.
Pros
Free coffee
Productive and Efficient Department
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON16 April 2016
0700-1500. Proficient in phlebotomy, Blood transfusion, Wound care, assist with vasectomy procedure. Primarily responsible for Chronic disease education Tues-Thurs.
Management is versatile and open to communication.
Co-workers are highly skilled, team players.
Hardest part of current job is when clinics are over-booked requiring fast-efficient quality care for all patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients and being able to teach them something about their health on how to maintain a quality of life to ensure them the ability to remain at home.
Pros
Patient satisfaction
Cons
Over-bookings
Productive and growing setting
Professional Practice Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2015
Rouge Valley Health System is great place to work and grow our skills. During my work placement at Rouge Valley Health System I have learned variety administrative duties. The management was really welcome new-comers and encourage them to learn and grow more. This is the best place to work and learn about health care setting.
Friendly and great teaching environment
Physiotherapy Assistant 6 Week Placement (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 October 2015
At Rouge Valley Health System they were all very friendly and willing to take the time to teach me new skills in the field. A typical day for me during placement would be organizing patients files, working with patients to improve physical function, and cleaning throughout the day to avoid any spread of diseases. The most rewarding part about this job was seeing and helping the patients get better as their treatment progresses.
Great place to continue learning
Staff/Charge Nurse, CCU/Cardiac/Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, Ontario2 September 2015
This institution taught me to deal with different kinds of people and always been supportive with my learning. They have a lot of resources and education that help you to grow in your profession.
no support from anyone
front line worker (Former Employee) –  rvap22 August 2015
terrible place to work no help .management sucks don't listen. staff will stab you and blame others for errors they will eat you!!
Pros
few friends
Cons
everything no support
Great place to volunteer
Emergency Department Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2015
Great place to volunteer and give back to the community. Staff are very nice and recognizing of your efforts. Times are flexible and management are understanding.
Team oriented patient focused care
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 April 2015
Everyone at RVHS is friendly and dedicated to improving the quality of care for their patients. I was given an opportunity to work within the facility but was not finished my course. This hindered me from successfully getting my foot in the door with and securing a position with a Healthcare facility that worked well for me given its location.
Pros
Valuable experience and knowledge to become a successful PSW
Cons
Not getting to spend more time there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rouge Valley Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Rouge Valley Health System Reviews by Location