Rouge Media Group

Rouge Media Group Management reviews

Canada10 reviews

Clear

One of a Kind

I worked at Rouge Media Group full-time for more than a year It was such a pleasure working among employees who exude positive energy (the kind that is within your being and genuine), show empathy, kindness, and also really know how to have serious fun!!! And, yes, FOCUSED on what they do. I felt welcomed from my very first day there and truly felt at home. Loved working with the sales teams! I complimented the CEO during my time there, and also on my last day, about the fact that he and his management team have somehow attracted truly wonderful human beings to the company. I always felt that the staff and management truly cared about each other. Remember, it also works both ways. You work sincerely and care about others, and others will care about you. Management is very approachable and open to new ideas and suggestions. Work-life balance is honoured. Social events were interesting and many. I remember my very first social event there. It was a murder mystery. Five or six actors were hired to play the main characters, and the staff mingled with ’the characters' afterward to ask investigating questions. Teams of employees were the detectives! Each team was given a form to complete to help determine ’Who Done it.’ Keep up the good work, Team Rouge. You have a great culture!!! I feel blessed and grateful for my experience at Rouge Media. I wish you nothing but the best moving forward. Kudos to being one of a kind!!! Bonus - hugs were many! A Note to Management Believe in those who believe in you! Leadership Skills courses for Management Teams would be a -

Competitive and fast-paced yet fun and collaborative workplace

It is a fun place to work. Team members are very helpful. Open communication and collaboration is good. Lots of fun activities too every month. Sometimes twice in a month. We had a Summer Bar-Be-Que, arcade gaming event and a mindfulness meditation workshop. There is a pool table and monopoly in the office free to play if anyone wants. The CEO has townhalls regularly to ensure everyone knows where the company is heading. Work from home and flex hours are available depending on performance and your role. The company has aggressive growth plans. Very dynamic and performance-oriented culture. It is competitive. If you are good and smart the company really appreciates and rewards you financially and in other ways. Lots of opportunities for learning and growing with the company. You have to be smart enough to make use of these opportunities.

Pros

Amazing culture, great co-workers and open environment

Cons

Not for those who cannot work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.

Great stop in my career, should have not left

Worked at Rouge Media 2 years ago. They were very active in building their DOOH networks. I was part of that team. Some long days, but good days for the most part. Management was very hand's off, which was nice. I left for a new job that offered me a management role. It failed. Looking back, I should have embraced these guys more. I was motivated to write this review based on some negative I read from others. Non-performant employees do have the tendencies to blame others...lame. Ownership might be based in Canada, but they think and live "global". US management is great and well supported. Excited to see how big they will get. Good luck.

Pros

great staff. company works hard at building strong culture

Cons

I had a lot of markets to cover. NYC, Boston, Philly...gotta love travel

Good company, great people and growing

I joined Rouge because it is a company that is growing. It is rare to find a Canadian media business of it's type at the moment. The culture expects you to work hard. There is a clear sense of mission and being part of something. The company isn't so big that you can't be heard and new ideas are welcomed and in many cases supported. Management is good. Focused, but open and I have found helpful both day to day and strategically. The people at Rouge are great. Most are open and I have experienced very little internal politics. There are processes that could improve and sometimes this can be frustrating, but this is has been improving steadily over my time at Rouge. All that aside, the company is one that I enjoy working at. As much as there is an expectation of getting results there is also a very balanced approach to work life balance and a real belief from the top of the organisation that you have a life outside of work.

Pros

Approachable management. Smart, focused colleague. Nimble. Work life balance

Cons

Internal processes

Not a very trustworthy company

It was difficult to fit into this company since most of the employees were hard to get along with. Management were not trust worthy and made it difficult work environment.

Pros

Creative work

Cons

Not very honest

Just Don't

Management is the absolute worst. I have never worked with such emotional, incompetent, bullies in my professional career. There is such a lack of transparency and communication from the top down, it's gross. You will be left to figure out what to do without any support or direction. Turnover in staff is extremely high because they don't value people AT ALL. Just don't do it.

Cons

Everything about management

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rouge Media Group?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rouge Media Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement