Roterra Piling Ltd.

Roterra Piling Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Started out really good. Lots of things to learn in this shop. Promised an apprenticeship and had over 2000 hours. After I left the job they wouldn't certify my hours.
This company does not provide coveralls for the shop. There is no coffee for the shop. Employees are expected to prepay for their training and reimbursed IF you stay. There is a HUGE lack of communication and no direction. There is no formal training process. This company needs more structure and team building. Benefits are cheap. Started off excited about this job and then it took a huge plunge when I was not mentored or encouraged. Turn over is HUGE. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Avoid working here at all cost. There's no training, no communication with management. Extremely frustrating trying to get answers. Lack of training is big.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Official response from Roterra Piling Ltd.
23 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We are sorry about your experience while working at Roterra Piling. Our goal is to provide an open and engaging onboarding, training, and working environment for our people to grow and develop. I apologize that this was not your experience with our company. Please feel free to contact our HR team if you would like to provide more thorough details on your experience or feedback for areas of improvement.
The work was fast-paced and dynamic. If you work hard and smart you will fit in with the company. They are a leader in their industry and have built a strong and cohesive team. You are given the freedom to do your job.
Pros
Support by the leadership team
No clear directions about company vision.
Non productive company structure

Decisions were made without consulting immediate or responsible managers

Very cheap benefits
Happy i had the opportunity to be with this company. Great people and great training. Unfortunately my time was cut short to lack of experience. You live and you learn but this is a great company to grow with
good place to work at management is respectful when there isn't much work they try to keep you busy in the shop or yard overall a good company to work for.
Pros
keeps you busy when work is short
great people and healthy work environment .. always put staff into development cources .. good management team .. best company in this field
Pros
always put staff into development cources
Cons
nothing specific