Rossdown Natural Foods

Rossdown Natural Foods Employee Reviews

Good steady work with benefits

Worked at the broiler breeder farm,egg collecting. Great staff and excellent manager. Pleasant work environment. Management was very understanding of any family time needed. Always good communication .More frequent raises would be helpful otherwise no complaints.

Pros

Staff discounts on chicken orders. Free turkey for thanksgiving and christmas

Cons

Strong smells, work on holidays

Not good company

Find somewhere better. The increase and advancement is very slow. You might find a lot a biases on the management. They have a good side like good benefits.

Production give someone to love

I have the opportunity of rossdown so I will love it and care this opportunity is one is my life time so that is better give should honest clean work love that work give that supervisor

work place is very fast and comfortable with time to time

I learn to do fast work safely. Management is very cooperative and listen to the views of there workers and from different cultures. Hardest for vegetarians to work in this environment. People of different cultures never feel alone at work.

Pros

Medical benefits, Paid training, vacations.

Cons

long hours some time

As long as you get chicken out the door, NO ONE CARES.

Oh man where to begin. Just don't, unless you need money to feed your family...just don't. Management doesn't care, staff doesn't care. Nobody cares...not even the union cares. The Wiebes need to get there business in check... figure it out.... 🤦🏻‍♂️

Pros

Union screwed it up, no pros....unless your whole day is a lunch break....!!!

Cons

Not enough space.

Stay away

Terrible place to work. Management does not listen to concerns. Group think mentality, a lot of sweeping issues under the rug. Plant is run under dictatorship - can't talk back or you'll get your hours cut, some of the minions will find a way to silently bully and harass you and make your 8 hour shift terrible. Would give ZERO starts if I could.

Pros

None.

Cons

All of it.

Rushed Training, Toxic, Awful Management, Employee concerns overlooked

By far the most toxic place and people in the management team to work with. HR manager & few other managers will constantly look down at you and consider you nothing, you will always be judged and never appreciated for good work and efforts. Highly unprofessional and bad leadership, your concerns and opinion on anything won't matter to them as THEY DON'T CARE !! In simple words, management lacks common etiquette & how to treat their employees. A SUPER TOXIC PLACE TO WORK !! SAVE YOURSELF !!

Amazing

Working for them was a good experience, I was able to get experience on a forklift for just under a year, The management was great and so were my co-workers.

Poision

such poor management. the owner needs to step up and see what happening in his plant. so much favertism, they bully and harass, management is ruthless. this place needs help

Family Oriented

Rossdown is a family oriented facility. Unfortunately I'm not getting full time hours to which I need to survive. I go to work and start by sanitizing the wire gloves for e viste. Making sure the knifes are cleaned and ready for sharping once sharpened I put in the individual tots. At end of day I clean the work area for the start of next day

Great be here

While working here I learned a lot. Atmosphere is good to work. All staff members and co workers are friendly and cooperative. Every one here is helpful.

high energy go go go

ok place to work but when the union took over they replaced a lot of us and they did it in an innappropriate way if they like you you get to stay myself I mountain biked there 1 hr each way in the rain and snow was one of their best livehangers/dumper operators and was never late just because a few employees didn't like me I was let go after 3.5 yrs not cool I will work hard for any employer and will never be late but at least treat me with a little respect-looking for local work in abbottsford

Pros

direct deposit was never late

Cons

no matter how hard you workf-get turfed if they dont like you

Awful Management

Big company, cares about big money and business. No regard for animal husbandry or employee well being. If it makes them money it works. Doesn't matter how the animals or employees feel about it. They advertise as a family run farm, but this is very misleading. The owner is part of the original family that owned it but that's about it. Very corporate attitude.

Challenging and some great people to work with and learn from

I enjoyed working at Rossdown Farms, mostly due to certain people. It was definitely challenging most days and hectic, but still had some calms days. Regardless of the challenges and stress level, there were some people who made those moments easy by laughing and cracking jokes. My manager was amazing. I sure learned a lot about my own position and how to take my own executive decision when no one was available.

Pros

Free Turkey at thanksgiving and Christmas

Cons

stressful and hectic

Toxic environment

Long hours. At times not even 8 hours between shifts. If they have it in for you then you will be fired. Management needs to be more hands on. All I can say is watch your back!!

Pros

Sometimes a free lunch if your lucky

Cons

Extremely long hours

Great for your professional growth

Rossdown helped me in my professional growth. It is paying for my education as well. I have flexibility in my work. Being a payroll and benefits administrator, I have gained the most amazing experience. I would recommend all the job seekers to apply for the available positions. Even the general labor positions have flexibility in the shifts. The company provides competitive wages and benefit packages.

Pros

Competitive wages and benefit packages

Stable productive environment good company co workers healthy environment

Good company to work for , u enjoy management office staff my manager and coworkers can't complian its healthy environment , good for time to o deal with family issues and family based and understanding saftey is big communication is good over all a good employer that care about employees

Pros

Hours people Free the steady hours

Cons

Need more money or raises

Cheap company

Don’t post an ad for 13 dollars asking for a efficient forklift operator. Are you looking for product to constantly get smashed... nobody in there right mind works for that wage

Pros

Can’t live off thirteen dollars an hour

Cons

This is slavery

Wonderful family business

Rossdown is all about family because it is a family business of 4 generations which is a great environment to work in! There is a great leadership team that meets regularly and makes sure that they are supporting and caring for their employees needs.

Challenging Work Enviroment

Rossdown has a family culture which brings together the people. It is challenging but rewarding, the hardest is having to meet deadlines but we work in a team environment. The management are supportive and care for their employees. The company gives free turkeys for christmas and thanks giving.

Great Place to Work

- Family Friendly Environment - Good Atmosphere - Management treats you right - Never had a problem at the workplace - Great hours - Reliable Workplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rossdown Natural Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement