Rossdown Natural Foods

Rossdown Natural Foods Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
Amazing
Working for them was a good experience, I was able to get experience on a forklift for just under a year, The management was great and so were my co-workers.
Poision
such poor management. the owner needs to step up and see what happening in his plant. so much favertism, they bully and harass, management is ruthless. this place needs help
Family Oriented
Rossdown is a family oriented facility. Unfortunately I'm not getting full time hours to which I need to survive. I go to work and start by sanitizing the wire gloves for e viste. Making sure the knifes are cleaned and ready for sharping once sharpened I put in the individual tots. At end of day I clean the work area for the start of next day
Great be here
While working here I learned a lot. Atmosphere is good to work. All staff members and co workers are friendly and cooperative. Every one here is helpful.
high energy go go go
ok place to work but when the union took over they replaced a lot of us and they did it in an innappropriate way if they like you you get to stay myself I mountain biked there 1 hr each way in the rain and snow was one of their best livehangers/dumper operators and was never late just because a few employees didn't like me I was let go after 3.5 yrs not cool I will work hard for any employer and will never be late but at least treat me with a little respect-looking for local work in abbottsford
Pros
direct deposit was never late
Cons
no matter how hard you workf-get turfed if they dont like you
Awful Management
Big company, cares about big money and business. No regard for animal husbandry or employee well being. If it makes them money it works. Doesn't matter how the animals or employees feel about it. They advertise as a family run farm, but this is very misleading. The owner is part of the original family that owned it but that's about it. Very corporate attitude.
Challenging and some great people to work with and learn from
I enjoyed working at Rossdown Farms, mostly due to certain people. It was definitely challenging most days and hectic, but still had some calms days. Regardless of the challenges and stress level, there were some people who made those moments easy by laughing and cracking jokes. My manager was amazing. I sure learned a lot about my own position and how to take my own executive decision when no one was available.
Pros
Free Turkey at thanksgiving and Christmas
Cons
stressful and hectic
Toxic environment
Long hours. At times not even 8 hours between shifts. If they have it in for you then you will be fired. Management needs to be more hands on.
All I can say is watch your back!!
Pros
Sometimes a free lunch if your lucky
Cons
Extremely long hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rossdown Natural Foods?
Great for your professional growth
Rossdown helped me in my professional growth. It is paying for my education as well. I have flexibility in my work.
Being a payroll and benefits administrator, I have gained the most amazing experience.

I would recommend all the job seekers to apply for the available positions. Even the general labor positions have flexibility in the shifts. The company provides competitive wages and benefit packages.
Pros
Competitive wages and benefit packages
Stable productive environment good company co workers healthy environment
Good company to work for , u enjoy management office staff my manager and coworkers can't complian its healthy environment , good for time to o deal with family issues and family based and understanding saftey is big communication is good over all a good employer that care about employees
Pros
Hours people Free the steady hours
Cons
Need more money or raises
Cheap company
Don’t post an ad for 13 dollars asking for a efficient forklift operator. Are you looking for product to constantly get smashed... nobody in there right mind works for that wage
Pros
Can’t live off thirteen dollars an hour
Cons
This is slavery
Wonderful family business
Rossdown is all about family because it is a family business of 4 generations which is a great environment to work in! There is a great leadership team that meets regularly and makes sure that they are supporting and caring for their employees needs.
Challenging Work Enviroment
Rossdown has a family culture which brings together the people. It is challenging but rewarding, the hardest is having to meet deadlines but we work in a team environment. The management are supportive and care for their employees. The company gives free turkeys for christmas and thanks giving.
Great Place to Work
- Family Friendly Environment
- Good Atmosphere

- Management treats you right

- Never had a problem at the workplace

- Great hours

- Reliable Workplace
cold but very friendly
work hours a day doing the same thing over and over but what makes it fun is that you can talk to others while working and then group together during lunch break to hang out and learn more about eachother
Pros
seasonal food events
Cons
long hours doing same thing
Great Boss!!!
Pros:
Environment - Professional yet we find the time to laugh. Family environment. Compassionate boss.

Growth - My training was based on my learning and productivity style.

Cons:

Database! At first, I have to be honest with this one, but I have grown to love it and be great at it - kudos to my trainer and boss.
Strong performance orientation
Difficult environment to work in, due to cold temperatures. Often involves dirty work. Management was okay, and employees were outgoing and kind individuals.
shipping department
The company processes fresh chicken and turkey. we also warehouse a cold storage facility. I work in the shipping receiving department. Its a very busy enviroment with a lot of timeframes.
Pros
discounts on product
Cons
I work afternoon shift
Great for university students and high school students.
Working here was fun while it lasted, management however is something the company should improve on, it is a fairly new company so management is still growing, but as a company it should be their priority. General labourers need to be treated with respect, not as machines.
Pros
Flexible work hours and decent wage
Cons
Overtime, company communication, management
Great team work place
Enjoyed working for the Production Company, the employee and the employer were very easy to get along with. I wanted a change of career. Looking for more part-time than full-time.
Young Company, Lots of room for growth culturely
- Production workers are segregated from Management, should be more open.

- Management and Directors care more about themselves then their employees