Ross Video Employee Review

Good company with great potential
Database Architect (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2017
Ross Video is a good company work for. My biggest issue with the company was the lack of formal process surrounding the day-to-day operations of the business. Some of the senior managers believe that process stifles innovation. I can agree with that in some regards, although I believe some parts of the business could benefit from a bit more structure. Not to control people, but to offer direction.

I spent a significant of my time at Ross working on projects that, for various reasons, never materialized into anything or had very marginal effects in the end. With a more formal approach to settings objectives and prioritizing work, less time would be wasted. Long term planning was non-existent in my area, which sometimes made it hard to gather the motivation required to push ahead as you never knew if your project would actually move forward in the end.

All this being said, the company does some really cool stuff. There's a lot of brilliant people working there and everyone in the company is approachable.

I believe Ross will continue to break new ground in the area of live production and have no regrets in regards to my time spent there.
Pros
Friendly and smart people, cool technology, free soda, good coffee
Cons
Lack of structure, location

Other Ross Video Employee Reviews

FPGA Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2019
Overall this is a good company to work at.
Manager is nice to deal with. I told him that I wish to learn more design works and willing to take more work load. He is happy with my attitude.
Unfortunately, our design lead refuses to give me more works to do and keep saying "My experience is not good enough to handle this yet".
Pros
Free pops
Cons
Not enough opportunies to learn
Easy job
SMT Operator (Former Employee) –  Iroquois, ON13 June 2018
This is one of these employees that hire family members,
They choose a nephew or a aunt over qualified workers,
If you know people or family your ok, very hard otherwise!
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Hard to get a foot in