Ross Video Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Great Place to work.
Reasource Planner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 March 2018
If you're looking for a fun and all around great place to work, you have to check out Ross Video... Literally nothing bad to say about this place! Leaders in innovation and Television production.
Pros
Great work enviroment.
Cons
None.
Overall is a good company
Senior FPGA Designer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 October 2017
Ross Video is a good company to allow a work life balance for its employees. However, recently it lets go its 5% employees because it could not foresee the 3 quarter of down term sale. May hope this company will come back or even advance its business in the coming future.
Outstanding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Canada5 February 2017
Outstanding Company on the sharp end of technology.
You are challenged daily to stretch your abilities and meet the tasks at hand. Bring your A game and the ability to sustain it.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Good company with great potential
Database Architect (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2017
Ross Video is a good company work for. My biggest issue with the company was the lack of formal process surrounding the day-to-day operations of the business. Some of the senior managers believe that process stifles innovation. I can agree with that in some regards, although I believe some parts of the business could benefit from a bit more structure. Not to control people, but to offer direction.

I spent a significant of my time at Ross working on projects that, for various reasons, never materialized into anything or had very marginal effects in the end. With a more formal approach to settings objectives and prioritizing work, less time would be wasted. Long term planning was non-existent in my area, which sometimes made it hard to gather the motivation required to push ahead as you never knew if your project would actually move forward in the end.

All this being said, the company does some really cool stuff. There's a lot of brilliant people working there and everyone in the company is approachable.

I believe Ross will continue to break new ground in the area of live production and have no regrets in regards to my time spent there.
Pros
Friendly and smart people, cool technology, free soda, good coffee
Cons
Lack of structure, location
Productive and Close Knit Group of Colleges
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2016
My Day usually starts out with ensuring all technical issues from previous day have been dealt with, if not we usually try and get them dealt with in the morning

work is extremely understanding and always willing to help you learn if you want,

co-workers are very nice and supportive when needed

hardest part of the job is ensuring you don't forget to call back customers
Pros
Awesome People to work for/with