Ross Video Employee Reviews

Easy job
SMT Operator (Former Employee) –  Iroquois, ON13 June 2018
This is one of these employees that hire family members,
They choose a nephew or a aunt over qualified workers,
If you know people or family your ok, very hard otherwise!
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Hard to get a foot in
Great Place to work.
Reasource Planner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 March 2018
If you're looking for a fun and all around great place to work, you have to check out Ross Video... Literally nothing bad to say about this place! Leaders in innovation and Television production.
Pros
Great work enviroment.
Cons
None.
Overall is a good company
Senior FPGA Designer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 October 2017
Ross Video is a good company to allow a work life balance for its employees. However, recently it lets go its 5% employees because it could not foresee the 3 quarter of down term sale. May hope this company will come back or even advance its business in the coming future.
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Iroquois, ON15 September 2017
Awesome company culture, co workers are very friendly and will help you with whatever you need. Lots of room to move around the different departments, also quite a bit of opportunity to travel. Private company so it has a good family feel to it, feels like people care about you and you are not just a number.
Great people, great environment
Summer Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Iroquois, ON5 May 2017
As a summer student this was an ideal job. Full-time and consistent hours in a great working environment. I learned the importance of clear communication, work ethic, attention to detail and expanded on team work skills.
Outstanding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Canada5 February 2017
Outstanding Company on the sharp end of technology.
You are challenged daily to stretch your abilities and meet the tasks at hand. Bring your A game and the ability to sustain it.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Good company with great potential
Database Architect (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2017
Ross Video is a good company work for. My biggest issue with the company was the lack of formal process surrounding the day-to-day operations of the business. Some of the senior managers believe that process stifles innovation. I can agree with that in some regards, although I believe some parts of the business could benefit from a bit more structure. Not to control people, but to offer direction.

I spent a significant of my time at Ross working on projects that, for various reasons, never materialized into anything or had very marginal effects in the end. With a more formal approach to settings objectives and prioritizing work, less time would be wasted. Long term planning was non-existent in my area, which sometimes made it hard to gather the motivation required to push ahead as you never knew if your project would actually move forward in the end.

All this being said, the company does some really cool stuff. There's a lot of brilliant people working there and everyone in the company is approachable.

I believe Ross will continue to break new ground in the area of live production and have no regrets in regards to my time spent there.
Pros
Friendly and smart people, cool technology, free soda, good coffee
Cons
Lack of structure, location
good benefits
Documentation Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON9 May 2016
Ross video is a nice place it has several perks other companies don't have such as flex time and a field trip every year.

It down side is doesn't utilize it's employees to their full potential and has a biased attitude with family and friends.
Pros
lots of perks
Cons
biased toward family and friends
Productive and Close Knit Group of Colleges
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2016
My Day usually starts out with ensuring all technical issues from previous day have been dealt with, if not we usually try and get them dealt with in the morning

work is extremely understanding and always willing to help you learn if you want,

co-workers are very nice and supportive when needed

hardest part of the job is ensuring you don't forget to call back customers
Pros
Awesome People to work for/with
Cons
good team work, enjoyable, and fun company
SMT Specialist/System Assembler/Robotic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Iroquois, ON17 October 2014
did my work in a timely matter. Using the computer to look up the paper work that is need to do the job. the Management and co-workers are easy to work with and are open to ideas. The hardest part of the job was the drive there, it was just to far from the place that I live.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
to far to drive
Great Place to work!
Frame Assembler (Former Employee) –  Iroquois, ON5 April 2013
I wasn't sure if I would enjoy working with people nearly twice or more my age, but it was an absolute blast! I learned a lot from my direct supervisor. All my co-workers were awesome people and a lot of fun to work around. I wasn't sure how it was going to be since I was the only guy working with them, but it wasn't bad at all. At first it was hard to keep up with how quick the girls were able to build the frames. I needed to unpack the boxes really fast and be able to keep all the desks stocked with supplies. It wasn't long before I adapted to the pace of the job and I was always ahead of the game. I loved working with Summer hours in place. I would be able to leave Fridays at lunch, it was wonderful!
Pros
summer hours, air conditioned, great people
Cons
early mornings, boring at times, stressful at times.