ROSS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

ROSS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews

workingstaffhospitalpatientgoodtimelearnedhelpful

The Ross is a good place to work. The staff are helpful and respectful of each other. I have worked there for over twenty years and have seen many changes, not all great…but I would still recommend a careerhere. It is a nice community hospital!!

Literally overworked and underpaid and underappreciated

Felt unappreciated and underpaid. After 10 yrs still did not have a full time position. No benefits for those considered 'part time'. For those of us doing patient care...benefits a must. Felt RMH is all about the $$ and not about its patients and employees.

Insights into ROSS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Don’t work here.

Horrible work environment! Work anywhere but here. They deny vacation and they make it very difficult to have a work life balance. Patient care/satisfaction is not a priority in this facility.

Pros

Cons

Negative, over managed, no one cares about patient care

Great coworkers and team work

The people you work with really help how your experience is going to be and I had the chance of working with some amazing people. It just became too stressful and short staffed. I ended up taking a full time position elsewhere or I would have stayed.

Probably the best employer for the area.

Variety of positions available within the organization. Lots of room for advancement if you're willing to take courses and committed to learning new skills.

Pros

Stable employment

Cons

Like an occupation in healthcare, it can be very stressful at times.

Fast-paced.

Fast paced. Training was thorough. Co workers helpful. Professional environment. Managers seem responsive to problem resolution and attempt to getmaterials needed. Schedule is fair.

Great staff to work with

Ross was the first hospital I was hired at after consolidation, I felt welcomed and was given an actuated amount of orientation. The floor I woke on is 8 hour shifts which makes the shift go by fast, and if you don’t like the 12 hours, although you do have to work more days on a 8 hour floor. The staff I have met along the way have been amazing! Management could use some tweaking.

Pros

8 hour shifts

Cons

Lots of nights as part timer, management

Great colleagues

The only reasons I stayed is for my colleagues and the pay. The teamwork in My department was exceptional. Everyone is so helpful.Management is poor, by means of micro-management, neglecting to address conflicts among staff, and playing favourites. Also there is very little support for furthering education. And no support for personal concerns regarding mental health. I experienced so much anxiety and stress working here. They do not consider your attempt at achieving work-life balance, and expect you to come in when they are under-staffed. The staff that do show up are expected to do 1.5-2X the amount of work, with little to no appreciation. Strongly Would not recommend.

Teamwork

The best teamwork I have ever experienced. Always there to help. Always trying to help you succeed and help better your education, so can apply for other jobs within.

Very productive, nice meeting and helping people.

I enjoyed working at the Ross Memorial for just over 18 yrs. All areas of the hospital are great, the staff are friendly and helpful. Great opportunities to improve yourself.

Pros

The pay is good. Good benefits.

Cons

Don’t wish to elaborate.

Committed to delivery of safe, quality patient care

The front line staff of all departments is committed to their work and provides exceptional patient care. Not unusual in healthcare, there is an expectation to do more with less and there is more work to do than time permits.

Interesting

I learned a lot while I worked here and I'm gracious for the experience. However there were a lot of issues with upper management and how they trained new employees. A lot of the employees seemed very frustrated due to understaffing. The hospital itself is pretty nice - but it could use some updates but overall in general most people that work there are pretty good. Looking back it was a good experience (and I enjoyed the lab work) but at the same time I didn't enjoy working there. Just not the right fit.

It was the good place to learn about types of diagnosis with the population focus on older adult

I have learned a lot in this placement not only the essential skills but also how to communicate with the older people. I had some opportunities to work in most floors in the hospital which gave me a lot of valuable experiences and good skills that can help me in the future career.

placement

this was a student placement I worked here for 7 weeks during my course at durham college. I loved working here and wish i could have continued after graduation

Labour Relations Assistant

Completed the scheduling/staffing process based on the appropriate collective agreement language, staffing levels and skill sets in collaboration with the department manager. Ensured that all information is entered into the scheduling system to meet the time card deadline for payroll purposes. Determined eligibility and records sick leave and other leaves, supported the Attendance Monitoring Program and maintains confidential employee records

Excellent Wage and Benefits, lots of politics

Great Wage and Benefits Package, Holidays, paid sick days.... you just have to be willing to put up with the Hospital politics that seem to be never ending.

Managed Shipping/Receiving in Hospital

Receive shipments and verify against packing slips and purchase orders. Manage four separate inventories. Maintain four separate inventories. Prepare items for shipping. Keep a clean, safe working environment.

Pros

Excellent mix of mental and physical work

Great place to work, sorry it had to end due to organizational changes.

Wonderful place to work for many years. Things have changed now due to changes in the Ontario Health Care System. Challenging work in a fast paced environment that leaves you with a good sense of accomplishment.

Student Placement

This was a student placement for me. The team was great and hands on and showed me a lot of things in a short period of time! I would love to get hired on for a real job at Ross Memorial.

Part-Time Day Program Nurse

Involved with Day Program intake referrals and facilitated day program groups. Provided individual case management counselling of complex clients, developing patient alerts and treatment plans using the bio-psychosocial model and crisis intervention supports. Excellent Mental Health team work Had management support

Pros

interdepartmental work and professional development opportunities

Cons

small community, limited growth

Ross Memorial

Good place to work but, becoming more difficult to care for numbers of patients that have increased. Floor staff is awesome, at working as a team.

Pros

Staff is awesome

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ROSS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement