ROSS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

ROSS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

The best teamwork I have ever experienced. Always there to help. Always trying to help you succeed and help better your education, so can apply for other jobs within.
I enjoyed working at the Ross Memorial for just over 18 yrs. All areas of the hospital are great, the staff are friendly and helpful. Great opportunities to improve yourself.
Pros
The pay is good. Good benefits.
Cons
Don’t wish to elaborate.
The front line staff of all departments is committed to their work and provides exceptional patient care. Not unusual in healthcare, there is an expectation to do more with less and there is more work to do than time permits.
I learned a lot while I worked here and I'm gracious for the experience. However there were a lot of issues with upper management and how they trained new employees. A lot of the employees seemed very frustrated due to understaffing. The hospital itself is pretty nice - but it could use some updates but overall in general most people that work there are pretty good. Looking back it was a good experience (and I enjoyed the lab work) but at the same time I didn't enjoy working there. Just not the right fit.
I have learned a lot in this placement not only the essential skills but also how to communicate with the older people. I had some opportunities to work in most floors in the hospital which gave me a lot of valuable experiences and good skills that can help me in the future career.
this was a student placement I worked here for 7 weeks during my course at durham college. I loved working here and wish i could have continued after graduation
Completed the scheduling/staffing process based on the appropriate collective agreement language, staffing levels and skill sets in collaboration with the department manager. Ensured that all information is entered into the scheduling system to meet the time card deadline for payroll purposes. Determined eligibility and records sick leave and other leaves, supported the Attendance Monitoring Program and maintains confidential employee records
Great Wage and Benefits Package, Holidays, paid sick days.... you just have to be willing to put up with the Hospital politics that seem to be never ending.
Receive shipments and verify against packing slips and purchase orders. Manage four separate inventories. Maintain four separate inventories. Prepare items for shipping. Keep a clean, safe working environment.
Pros
Excellent mix of mental and physical work
Wonderful place to work for many years. Things have changed now due to changes in the Ontario Health Care System. Challenging work in a fast paced environment that leaves you with a good sense of accomplishment.
This was a student placement for me. The team was great and hands on and showed me a lot of things in a short period of time! I would love to get hired on for a real job at Ross Memorial.
Involved with Day Program intake referrals and facilitated day program groups. Provided individual case management counselling of complex clients, developing patient alerts and treatment plans using the bio-psychosocial model and crisis intervention supports. Excellent Mental Health team work Had management support
Pros
interdepartmental work and professional development opportunities
Cons
small community, limited growth
Good place to work but, becoming more difficult to care for numbers of patients that have increased. Floor staff is awesome, at working as a team.
Pros
Staff is awesome
Excellent place to work! Fun people, very warm and supportive environment for new graduates. I have learned a great deal, often at the hand of another staff member or when other staff are sure to include me in new and interesting cases.
Early starts of patient blood work, as well as in hospital lab work. Some other duties were on call to Emergency room and out patient clinics, as well as filing, entering patient data, specimen possessing.
Pros
dealing with the patients, and specimen possessing
Cons
internal bullying from supervisors
A typical day includes: preparing meals, dishes, and delivering meals to patients. I have learned how to aid patients in the hospital and how much work goes on behind closed doors. I really enjoyed working at the hospital and would recommend jobs their. The most enjoyable part of my day is helping patients and bringing a smile to their face.
I believe this is a very good place to work. its very organized and team orentied and i like team work alot i believe it assential for almost all work places.
I enjoyed doing my Practicum there. Everyone was very helpful and made it easy for me to learn. I would recommend Ross Memorial for a anyone to work at and hope to get a position in this field of work. The hardest part of the job was trying to get the hang of reading doctors writing. The most enjoyable part was that i got to go there and experience and learn what to do in those types of settings.
I was able to lead warm ups and cool downs for the patients. I monitored their exercise and took blood pressures and heart rates. I learned how to take the blood pressure and heart rates using the machines. It was very rewarding to see the progress of the individuals as they progressed through the program. My co-workers were very helpful and great people. The hardest part of the job was making up fun and exciting routines for the warm ups and cool downs that reflected the skills and ability of the different classes.