Rosewood Hotels and Resorts Employee Reviews

Good place to start
someone (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2018
Overall the experience has been satisfactory. If you are looking to get your feet wet in the hospitality industry is a good place to start. The hours and work load is at par with all the other hotels in the area.
The culture is below par. There are significant needs of change and change is slow. Good experience to work in an unionized environment.
Pros
lunch provide
Cons
not many opportunities to grow
Stay Away
Shift Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 November 2017
Worst hospitality position I have ever held! I was threatened daily by my boss that I would be fired any day. I think this is a fear tactic they use to try and motivate the employees but living in fear of losing your job is the worst feeling ever, especially when you have a family to support.

I am so happy to be with another luxury brand hotel now with higher pay and a fantastic boss!

During my exit interview from Rosewood I expressed serious concern about my boss and the way he treated staff and I am glad to hear he had left the company just a few weeks after I did.
Pros
Food
Cons
high turnover rate; management sucks
Finance Staff (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2016
The company has good values, however, employees do not last long as the management sucks. They underpay their employees expecting them to work really long hours without paying overtime. Management constantly puts you down making you feel like your worthless and yet when you do something good, they don't notice it. The A/DOF is so conniving. Do not trust a word they say as they do not follow through with it.
Pros
free lunch; close to the skytrain
Cons
really long hours; no work life balance; management sucks
Great place to learn
Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2016
A beautiful refurbished heritage property luxury hotel. Very high standards. Great place to learn and to work. Centrally located. Best guest's in town.
Company for a great learning experience
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 August 2015
I joined this company as a Finance Intern and got promoted as a full time Accounts Payable. I had a great learning experience for 2 years and had a tremendous little Finance team. The company is very multicultural and a great place to start a career.
Pros
Free employee meals, free laundry, great benefits
Cons
Long working hours
High expectation, high energy physical and mental environment
Guest Service agent / Bellman (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, B.C11 February 2015
My day starts at 7am - 3-30pm I begin my day with a pass on of what is occurred the night before. This information prepares us for how we are going to deal with high expectation guest or VIP guest either departing or arriving the day off. After I look forward to a pass on from my team mate who worked the night before.
This information prepares in handling guest request and complaints if their is any.
Pros
Direct contact with local and international customers.
Cons
Having to deal with unsatified customers local or international.