Rosewood Hotels and Resorts

Rosewood Hotels and Resorts Employee Reviews

Working within the company became incredibly stressful after the new Managing Director came on board. Very high demands and expectations, with very little to absolutely no positive encouragement to perform well.It was a, "Do as I say, NOT as I do" environment, where managers from different departments were pressured from upper management, to force the workers to work harder for less reward.
Pros
Lunches/Dinners were made for the staff daily, pay was reasonable, employee-to-employee relationships were enjoyable.
Cons
Extremely stressful when trying to do our best, but being treated like a mushroom.
Managers don’t look happy. The girl with the same position as me and training me was honestly the worst person I’ve met in my life. She will make you feel bad for any mistakes if she doesn’t like you. I’ve mentioned it to HR when I left but nothing much was said to me. Guests can be rude and managers don’t do anything about it. I’ve seen servers get treated horribly on a daily basis. I feel bad for those servers. Bad work culture with management and higher up who don’t care about your well being at all. You will burn out easily and the work environment isn’t fun at all. Free meals during your shift but that’s about it.
Pros
Free meal during work
Cons
You’ll burn out quickly, Toxic work culture, toxic people
Very challenging work environment! Inexperienced leadership with no vision at all! Terrible culture and very little communication from the top. No transparency with staff! Micro management to its fullest! The finance team is a disaster with a very inexperienced director! Respect means nothing in this organization! Don’t waste your time!
Cons
Amazing pay. You get what they give you, amazing pay. And when they don't need you, they dispose you. All staff care about was money and seniority due to it being a union hotel. And senior staff do much less or no work because they can and management never does anything about their issues. There is absolutely no point of having a manager on duty. The staff are running the show.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Temporary everything until they dont need you
The properties are beautiful and the level of service at the majority is on another level. There are some really good perks and you feel proud working for the brand. That said, generally the work/life balance is completely off and a lot of the properties are not progressive. HR says all of the right things and the company wants them to be at the level of Four Seasons (a little too much in everything they do) but does not practice what they preach. I have seen and heard of a lot of promises made but there is a reason why so many of the staff have left - they feel undervalued and really underpaid. There are definitely some success stories but those few don't make up for the 100s that fall to the waistside
Pros
Complimentary Stays at other Rosewoods, Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Salaries, Lack of Development, Lack of Communication
Rosewood Hotel Georgia is a nice place to work good people friendly environment Help each other very respecful Boss to employee, no stress working place
Pros
Excellent treament to everyone
Started my Hospitality career, learned a lot about industry and Guest services in a 5-star Hotel. But also very stressfull and not properly managed. Best part of this job was I made really good friends.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
Too much work
tres bonne ambiance respectable goal driving challenge remote island 1 hour from Tortola by boat charming people lives Spanish great
stay away from rosewood hotel georgia. worst management and work place. currently at strike. all sort of problem from management attitude to benefits you can find it in here.
Hard learned lesson on the impact “doing the right thing” may have on your reputation and credibility. You will be very successful if you follow the status quo, and do as told. The property focuses on bottom line, the MD calls the shots, there is no transparency. Zero in on your bonus or incentive and performance of hotel, not the values of the brand.
Pros
All associates are very proud to work here
Cons
Independent thoughts are not sought our or appreciated
Rosewood Hotel Georgia is a beautiful luxury hotel with great location and appealing restaurants. Customer satisfaction is a priority and the staff provide wonderful customer service.
Good pay comparatively, and great team. Management tries to stretch you to the fullest. Union property with calls for action expected often, which was kind of uncomfortable.
As a banquet server, I only worked events, meaning I did not have full time hours, but that fit with my schedule well. The environment is very team oriented, and that was what I really enjoyed. The management of the hotel could be more reliable as the turnover rate for them is a little high.
Pros
Team Environment, Hourly Wage
Cons
Benefits could be more streamlined
ndeed has been a real treat so far. The interview process was thorough, with 8 different meetings over a month. This gave me time to understand the role and the company and to meet prospective colleagues. I appreciated that they took this seriously. Onboarding was very impressive, with all new starters flown to the EMEA HQ in Dublin for their first morning. You have the latest MacBook when you start and all the tools you need to collaborate effectively with colleagues around the world.
Not the best place to work. Nice property but poorly managed in many aspects. Not the best work environment. Great location and acceptable benefits and salary.
Was small kitchen team for a relatively big hotel relatively managed well work with some top notch ingredients Cooking staff meals for couple hundred staff a day was tiring
Overall the experience has been satisfactory. If you are looking to get your feet wet in the hospitality industry is a good place to start. The hours and work load is at par with all the other hotels in the area. The culture is below par. There are significant needs of change and change is slow. Good experience to work in an unionized environment.
Pros
lunch provide
Cons
not many opportunities to grow
Worst hospitality position I have ever held! I was threatened daily by my boss that I would be fired any day. I think this is a fear tactic they use to try and motivate the employees but living in fear of losing your job is the worst feeling ever, especially when you have a family to support. I am so happy to be with another luxury brand hotel now with higher pay and a fantastic boss! During my exit interview from Rosewood I expressed serious concern about my boss and the way he treated staff and I am glad to hear he had left the company just a few weeks after I did.
Pros
Food
Cons
Rosewood Hotel Georgia, is great place for work, treating people with respect, with very clear vision for achieving targets. Work culture is respect and cooperative. good learning curve in any hotelier career to know what is really luxury service is. Hardest part of the job is the stress on the guest's needs and anticipate the requirements in advance. enjoyable part is the people who you are working with.
Pros
good salaries, with great benefits
Cons
long hours and the stress level could be high
The company has good values, however, employees do not last long as the management sucks. They underpay their employees expecting them to work really long hours without paying overtime. Management constantly puts you down making you feel like your worthless and yet when you do something good, they don't notice it. The A/DOF is so conniving. Do not trust a word they say as they do not follow through with it.
Pros
free lunch; close to the skytrain
Cons
really long hours; no work life balance; management sucks
A beautiful refurbished heritage property luxury hotel. Very high standards. Great place to learn and to work. Centrally located. Best guest's in town.