Rosewood Hotels and Resorts Employee Reviews

Not the best experience
Accounts Receivable and Staff accountant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 October 2018
Not the best place to work.
Nice property but poorly managed in many aspects. Not the best work environment.
Great location and acceptable benefits and salary.
Horrible place to work.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 July 2018
What an awful place to work. This was the straw that broke the camel's back. Worked here for less than a year. Could not take it. Poor Management, poor communication between departments, VERY toxic working environment. They don't pay overtime but expect you to stay and work for free instead of leaving yourself some work for the next day. Makes sense, right? People constantly call in "sick" just because they can, and management won't schedule another person to fill in for that "sick" person, so you'll be doing the jobs of two people every time that happens, and it happens a lot. Oh, and you'll be called on your days off non stop to cover for "sick" people. And they won't just call you, they'll barrage you with texts and emails like you're the only person in the entire hotel that can help. You can also be cut from your shift at any time, if it's not busy. If you brought up any concerns to the GM, you'd be called ungrateful. And if you brought anything about the behavior of the managers to HR the response will be "Well, if you really feel that way, maybe you just shouldn't come back tomorrow" as in, just quit if you don't like it.

There's just a long list of bad things that come with this hotel brand, Top to bottom..
Pros
Free lunch - Food for the masses
Cons
low pay, don't pay overtime, horrid management, toxic environment
Commis (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 June 2018
Was small kitchen team for a relatively big hotel
relatively managed well
work with some top notch ingredients
Cooking staff meals for couple hundred staff a day was tiring
Good place to start
someone (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2018
Overall the experience has been satisfactory. If you are looking to get your feet wet in the hospitality industry is a good place to start. The hours and work load is at par with all the other hotels in the area.
The culture is below par. There are significant needs of change and change is slow. Good experience to work in an unionized environment.
Pros
lunch provide
Cons
not many opportunities to grow
Stay Away
Shift Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 November 2017
Worst hospitality position I have ever held! I was threatened daily by my boss that I would be fired any day. I think this is a fear tactic they use to try and motivate the employees but living in fear of losing your job is the worst feeling ever, especially when you have a family to support.

I am so happy to be with another luxury brand hotel now with higher pay and a fantastic boss!

During my exit interview from Rosewood I expressed serious concern about my boss and the way he treated staff and I am glad to hear he had left the company just a few weeks after I did.
Pros
Food
Cons
Great work place, quite professional management with very clear target
Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 February 2017
Rosewood Hotel Georgia, is great place for work, treating people with respect, with very clear vision for achieving targets.
Work culture is respect and cooperative.
good learning curve in any hotelier career to know what is really luxury service is.
Hardest part of the job is the stress on the guest's needs and anticipate the requirements in advance.
enjoyable part is the people who you are working with.
Pros
good salaries, with great benefits
Cons
long hours and the stress level could be high
high turnover rate; management sucks
Finance Staff (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2016
The company has good values, however, employees do not last long as the management sucks. They underpay their employees expecting them to work really long hours without paying overtime. Management constantly puts you down making you feel like your worthless and yet when you do something good, they don't notice it. The A/DOF is so conniving. Do not trust a word they say as they do not follow through with it.
Pros
free lunch; close to the skytrain
Cons
really long hours; no work life balance; management sucks
Great place to learn
Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2016
A beautiful refurbished heritage property luxury hotel. Very high standards. Great place to learn and to work. Centrally located. Best guest's in town.
Company for a great learning experience
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 August 2015
I joined this company as a Finance Intern and got promoted as a full time Accounts Payable. I had a great learning experience for 2 years and had a tremendous little Finance team. The company is very multicultural and a great place to start a career.
Pros
Free employee meals, free laundry, great benefits
Cons
Long working hours
High expectation, high energy physical and mental environment
Guest Service agent / Bellman (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, B.C11 February 2015
My day starts at 7am - 3-30pm I begin my day with a pass on of what is occurred the night before. This information prepares us for how we are going to deal with high expectation guest or VIP guest either departing or arriving the day off. After I look forward to a pass on from my team mate who worked the night before.
This information prepares in handling guest request and complaints if their is any.
Pros
Direct contact with local and international customers.
Cons
Having to deal with unsatified customers local or international.