Rosenau Transport Ltd.

Rosenau Transport Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada44 reviews
An ok company to work for part time. If you need full time, you are not guaranteed full time hours, even if you have a full time position.

There is hardly any room for professional advancement.
Management team is good corporate team is excellent. Dispatch is good. Like all outfits there are some issues.
Overall interview experience was great. I highly recommend working for this wonderful outfit.

I find in the position that I'm in there is no stress. But I'm different than most people. I find that stress is only created by the individual who thinks there's lots of stress.
Operate within a secure and controlled workplace that takes safety and stewardship seriously
Maintain a consistent work-life balance and maximize time with the people that mean the most

Create long-lasting bonds with local businesses throughout Western Canada
Had a dispatcher that was awful and would play his games so I left and so did others. However he’s no longer a person with authority so here it’s great again. I miss some folks there. Great group of people in Saskatoon.
Only problem was getting a dollar raise after 2 and a half years for doing warehouse and office duties. Quit when I saw my "raise". But had plenty of work and staff was wonderful as well as flexible.
The work environment is very high paced and exhilarating, with fantastic opportunities available if you are willing to put in the effort. highly recommend this company and would work there again in a heartbeat.
Good people to work for and a good training program. Trucks are looked after and repairs are done when needed.manager has open door policy where you can speak freely.
Working here is challenging but you're chastised for errors. Raises are far and few between. Management is severely lacking and chauvinistic. I think their bold statement of being a family company that is family orientated is a complete and utter lie. Their employees are drowning in their personal lives. We give above and beyond and there is no monetary compensation for our loyalty. We don't even get a Christmas bonus but the company is building new facilities. They boast about how much profit they bring in every year but the ones at the bottom, keeping their company going are forgotten. You can't keep quality employees and expect them to stay at the wages they started at. You also can't give employees more responsibility and expect them to stay at the wages they started at.
It is a great place to work. All the staff and drivers are very helpful, the terminal manager is awesome, the other line haul drivers help each other out with advice and information about road conditions.
Safety is very sloppy. Seen people hit with forklift nothing written about it. Seen forklift operators or what they call forklift operators with no previous training on forklift, carrying hazardous chemicals with forklift dropping pallets with hazardous chemicals and tanks with hazardous chemicals with spills and no reports.
Will not go back, alot of micro management, work environment was good if a person can stay away from the office and turn of the two-way radio.very stressful environment to wirk always go go go, got ti get the job done, even if road conditions arent good you have ten minutes per stop
Used to be a great place to work, now all they care about is making money, poor wages, not paid for accident free driving or experience. People in charge aren't given positions because of ability to do job, given positions cause Daddy works there.
Some days were better than others. Great pay and benefits however company culture has really gone downhill. Work life balance was good but not so great anymore.
It is rare to find work in your field in Alberta. I am excited to find employment in collections.I aspire to find a job in my field, I hope to find employment very soon.
Safety oriented.
Newer equipment, well maintained.

People are great, family oriented.

Like any company, they have their ups and downs, certainly more ups than downs though.

Room for advancing your career
Pros
Non-Union
Cons
Dusty, muddy or frozen yard.
As IT Director I'm afforded the luxury to work with almost anyone at this company. Majority of people, the ones that matter, care about our customers and want to do a great job every day.

Rosenau Transport is built on service. Mostly that means we try and do whats right for our customers, for the people we work with and for the communities we live in.

You get out of this place what you put in to it. People with can-do positive attitudes seem to do well.
Pros
Lots of potluck lunches
Cons
The IT Directors sense of humour
Productive staff and friendly. I learned how to use the system in my little time there. I would answer phone calls when needed and communicate with the public that would come for deliveries on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Sitting to long
Worst place ever to work.. The worst managers I have ever worked for. Unless your family you are yelled at, degraded regularly,
Whatever illegal thing that is going on head office loves them.
Pros
Good company to be employed by. Management was fantastic. Rod at the Calgary dock is hilarious. The work environment is positive and energetic. Each shift always provided a different experience and flexibility.
Has a fast paced environment in the positions I worked in. A positive attitude goes a long way. I found the Management team was good but has improved and is getting better. The culture is changing for the better. I found working in a nonunion environment refreshing. If I had a problem I could bring it up directly with supervisor and talk about it. Equipment is maintained very well. If repairs were needed the shop was very good at getting thing fixed fast and in a positive manor. Better than other places I have worked. The opportunity for advancement is available if you apply yourself.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
I have learned there how to load different kinds of freight inside a trailer up to the roof. A company with a very fast pace environment. There is no union.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rosenau Transport Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.