Rosenau Transport Ltd.
Happiness score is 41 out of 100

Working at Rosenau Transport Ltd.: Latest Rosenau Transport Ltd. Reviews

Canada74 reviews

trainingyearbadenvironmentplacestaffcompanymanagement

not a good place to work, hard on your mental health

Stay away! Adding more to your job with no extra pay. If you don't fit in they make it very a uncomfortable place to work, lots of finger pointing. Managements walks the halls to listen to what the employees are saying, bad benefit package.

Pros

clean building, company gym

Cons

time clock, cameras watching every move you make

Terrible Company

This is one of the worst places I have ever worked. Management is awful. Everyone is angry all the time. People are tired and over-worked. Raises never happen.

Insights into Rosenau Transport Ltd.

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Great/Clean work Environment

Great/Friendly place to work. Everyone is nice and helpful. There is lots of room for advancements, they are very accommodating with work schedules as well as balancing work and personal life. busy general freight terminal that moves a vast/diverse amount of freight.

Fired 10 days before my probation ended.

This company is doing something really fishy. They flew me out to Edmonton (their head office) to do some fancy training, and then when I got back to my own city, they fired me with the reason being “the just didn’t need my position anymore”, then the next day go and post a job opening for my exact position. This is a dull boring job. I was acting as a “liaison” for one of their accounts, however all of my work would be done in about 3-4 hours, which would leave me begging for more work from my bosses for the next 5 hours. This sets you up for failure as it just makes it look like you’re doing nothing for half the day. Also everyone here speaks extremely aggressively, swearing and yelling are all considered normal here, I found it to be very distressing. Be warned. This company is not planning on keeping you past your probation. Do not work here.

Horrible and toxic

Stay away! Very toxic - HR does nothing when you report your supervisor in fact if the whole team reports them it will actually get them a promotion. Executives and managers don’t care about employees and will tell the whole building about your confidential conversations. Be littled and over worked - not livable wage.

Work life balance

Good work life balanceTypical working hoursGood pay and benefit OT paid Good culture and working environmentTraining provided Provide assistance in obtaining professional designation

Very toxic and poor executive management

Executives care about lining their own pockets and not caring about the employees or work environment they built the company off the employees backs very poor training company cares about profits and not customers or employees freight would sit in trailers in the Edmonton yard for a month and customers would be looking for their product

Cons

Poor executives

Good company to drive for

I drove for Rosenau for many years. I've driven for several other companies but liked Rosenau the best primarily due to no union hassles and they have newer well maintained equipment. They pay wasn't great but they were pretty reasonable in trying to accommodate me with suitable work.

Pros

Newer well maintained tractors and trailers

Cons

Pay isn't great (though reasonable for LTL) with OT avoided

Toxic and depressing place to work

Very toxic environment, temp workers get paid more than full-time employees. Management is clueless on how to operate a dock. Most of the drivers there can't effectively operate a forklift

Pros

Cons

Toxic people

A-Z shop

Competitive wage for a fleet shop, always buying new equipment so your training is very current, newer facility so it’s nice and clean, they offer yearly tool allowance. There is multiple journeyman on staff, so there is a wide range of knowledge always on the floor.

Pros

Big shop, on-site workout facility, school tuition paid

Unproductive no proper training organized caos

The OS&D department is organized caos there is no proper training. When doing your dock walk freight is scattered from one end of the warehouse to the other . Poor organizational skills and more data entry then needed. With all the entry to do it is hard to get to emails

Pros

Cons

Harsh work environment management does not care

No perks just mind numbing work

Mean and rude coworker management no filters Or team work if your not with the in crowd you are treated badly and used for worst jobs . Very negative work space run other direction if offered job

Pros

Not a good place to work

Have worked here for many years in the shop as a technician, when I first started it was a good place to work but management has steady declined as they continue to push more and more for more work with nothing in return, wages are below industry standard and with the heavily excessive amount of micromanaging it is not worth it, shop manager seems to be trying to drive the shop into the ground and heavily plays favoritism with people and talks bad about people to other techs behind their backs.

Pros

Free coffee is about the only one

Cons

Underpaid and overworked

Great place to learn trucking. There is a mentor program for people new to class 1 driving.

Rosenau Transport Ltd. is an easy place to work at. Just come in, do your job without too much fuss and go home. Line-haul is generally overnight, you are home every day, weekends off.

Pros

Work life balance is a difficult thing to achieve as a trucker, Rosenau accomplishes that neatly.

Cons

Pay can always be better, a progressive pay structure would be nice.

productive

I learned about work in warehouse and to drive forklift and to work in high paced high traffic working conditions with great team co workers and supervisors

Pros

not too stresfull

Cons

should give some incenitives for workers at least once a year

lounge is good with TV

The bosses are good. working hours are also goodnothing too special. the people are nice except for some shift supervisor. just lucky enough that they are not on my shift.

Pros

lunch is not paid

Cons

open over time

Lack of support

Lack of support after training, given jobs not trained for and left to fend for yourself. Very cold workplace, requires heat to be fixed. There was a lack of concern for the safety of staff at the beginning of covid. Management seemed frustrated at having to change things for safety reasons.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Supervisor not supportive

Started not too long ago, office Manger is really good and the office staff are a delight, dock staff are a great bunch of guys who will help you out if you need it...very organized warehouse, newer trucks and are well maintained and you always know what you are doing and where you are going a day or more in advance, trailers are always ready to go....overall a great place to work

Worst place ever

Stressed out all the time Management is horribleToxic culture Do not recommend working her STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

Cons

Long hours for little pay

Unorganized mess

Most unorganized place I’ve ever worked at. Upper management do not care about employees. All they care about is quantity not quality. If they can replace you with a lower paid employee they would prefer that. Terrible place to work. Be prepared to work very long days. But you will need to work long days to off set the low pay so you can pay your bills.

Pros

Cons

Lots

Good place for a newbie

Rosenau is a great place to start your driving career. There's alot of good experienced drivers willing to help you out and teach you. There always a couple bad apples but thats normal anywhere you work. Starting pay isn't top dollar but they do give raises with improvement of skills and training.

Pros

Great place to learn, ok pay, good people to work with

Cons

Salaries could be higher to start.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rosenau Transport Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement