Rosenau Transport Ltd. Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
IT Director (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2019
As IT Director I'm afforded the luxury to work with almost anyone at this company. Majority of people, the ones that matter, care about our customers and want to do a great job every day.

Rosenau Transport is built on service. Mostly that means we try and do whats right for our customers, for the people we work with and for the communities we live in.

You get out of this place what you put in to it. People with can-do positive attitudes seem to do well.
Pros
Lots of potluck lunches
Cons
The IT Directors sense of humour
Productive company with friendly drivers and staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB29 December 2018
Productive staff and friendly. I learned how to use the system in my little time there. I would answer phone calls when needed and communicate with the public that would come for deliveries on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Sitting to long
Horrible place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB19 December 2018
Worst place ever to work.. The worst managers I have ever worked for. Unless your family you are yelled at, degraded regularly,
Whatever illegal thing that is going on head office loves them.
Pros
Good company to be employed by.
Dock Foreman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 December 2018
Good company to be employed by. Management was fantastic. Rod at the Calgary dock is hilarious. The work environment is positive and energetic. Each shift always provided a different experience and flexibility.
I enjoy working with this company.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 December 2018
Has a fast paced environment in the positions I worked in. A positive attitude goes a long way. I found the Management team was good but has improved and is getting better. The culture is changing for the better. I found working in a nonunion environment refreshing. If I had a problem I could bring it up directly with supervisor and talk about it. Equipment is maintained very well. If repairs were needed the shop was very good at getting thing fixed fast and in a positive manor. Better than other places I have worked. The opportunity for advancement is available if you apply yourself.
Pros
Good people to work with.
fast pace environment
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2018
I have learned there how to load different kinds of freight inside a trailer up to the roof. A company with a very fast pace environment. There is no union.
Unprofessional and Low Moral
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 November 2018
I took a job for their Vancouver location and decided to take a pay cut to work for something unstable. The pay is 21 per hour gross, msp is not paid, useless benefits are given after 3 months only very minimal dental is covered. You work with a another person that is constantly rants nonsense for hours and watches youtube while the other person runs reports along with 15 different other responsibilities. You hear people complain and gossip about every little thing. Customers are always complaining about their service. I would rather not work than to represent an unprofessional, low moral, unstructured company.
Pros
Cons
Cancerous environment
Busy and always new learning objectives
Primary Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC4 October 2018
Typical day at work involved providing assistance and troubleshooting with customers, entering tickets, billing, and general office duties. Hardest part of the job was end of the day when all the truck tickets flew in and limited time to enter all billing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the diverse types of billing and getting to communicate/assist with different branches.
Pros
One on one interaction with customers
Cons
Overtime was consistent regarding end of day billing
Should be sued***had to give 1 Star unfortunately
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2018
Don't trust this company. They have no morals and have no problem dismissing people with no just cause. They used to be a good company but in recent years with newer management have become a terrible non trustworthy company to work for. Greed greed greed is the backbone.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC27 November 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company, they're a fantastic company to work for. They do a lot for their community, fund raisers & such & are always so understanding & supportive of their staff.
Pros
camping trips, fund raisers
Awesome place to work
Office Administrator/Receptionist/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB12 October 2017
Bosses who care & help you thrive in this job! Like being part of a family. I hope to work for them again in the future. The company paid RRSPs awesome dental & health benefits!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Terrible Management
Order Coordinator/Verification clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 August 2017
No job security, terrible management and training. Very disorganized. The worst place to work ever. Birthdays are celebrated with free cakes but you have to be a favorite or they 'forget' about you.
Couple good guys but overal very low moral
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2017
Like things done a Certain way and if you don't "fit in" you won't last long. Been there over a year only cause can't find anything else. Their pay isn't bad but you get no payed breaks.
Cons
Low moral
Good for apprenticeship, not for for your career
Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2017
a typical day of work consists of fixing trailers and trucks

i learned a lot about HET while working there, it is a great place to start.
the coworkers are great and fun to be around, the boss is a little... high strung?

hardest part of the job is winter, but really what job isn't?

most enjoyable part of the job is being friends with my coworkers, it balances out the fact that the boss is high strung
Pros
good working hours
Cons
to head office your seen as a number that costs money
Great place to work if management was changed
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB24 April 2017
I worked here for three years. Never received a raise the whole time even though I deserved one. Really enjoyed working here until the last year. There was a management change that resulted in favoritism. Favorites were getting paid even when they weren't working while hard workers weren't getting paid even when they were working. That was only the biggest issue.
Pros
Hours, No weekends
Cons
good job spoiled by manager
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB3 March 2017
Really good driving job spoiled by manager treat you disrespectful ly stay away from this plant hired for one job and put on another without any discussion with me
Pros
good jobs
Cons
bad managent
great place to work
Billing/Manifest Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 January 2017
I enjoyed being under minimal supervision and in charge of the evening shift and what goes on, on a daily basis at a trucking company. Personality wise I fit in great
Horrible Management
Dock Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2017
While working at Rosenau as a Dock Hand it was evident very early on that the Management/Owners didn't even consider you a number and did not care about their staff whatsoever and lied more times then I have ever seen in a job just to keep everyone from walking out on them, they also like to ignore blatant safety hazards which then causes injury to personnel.

They also have a high turnover rate as they lie about things like giving raises constantly, you'll hear "talk to me in a month" more than you'd like when asking about raises.

Would Not Recommend Working Here
Pros
Dock Staff (Anyone who isn't a power figure)
Cons
Terrible Management and lots of lies
High turnover
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB7 January 2017
Worked for Rosenau a few years ago and found a high turnover in certain branches due to upper management. Saw a tendency towards micro management and unrealistic expectations.
Pros
Good pension
Cons
Poor work / family balance
It was a great opportunity
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK7 December 2016
It was a family oriented company. Fast paced busy environment. We were always travelling to new places everyday. Some days we traveled in pairs the employees were always there to help each other out.
Pros
Indoor and some outdoor work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rosenau Transport Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.