Roots Employee Review

Fun and exciting.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2014
Deal with new clients on a regular basis. Must meet a given weekly sale goal. Prizes for highest in sales. Great team. Great Canadian Company.

Other Roots Employee Reviews

A growing company
Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2018
Was allowed much creative freedom and control in the early stages of employment. Company shifted to a more structured operating process after it was bought out which resulted in some growing pains. Lovely people to work with.
Not the best place to work as a Key Holder
Team Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 April 2018
The location I was at had a lot of internal politics which made work unfair. They favour employees on the basis of seniority. I was a key holder here and my decisions made were easily trumped over someone who was there 2 years longer than I was. The manager would have side conversations with their favourites to "pretend" like they were resolving internal issues, but really, they weren't.

Not the best place to work at if you want overall happiness. A good place to work at if you are at school, easy to balance Roots and also school.

However, management was very accommodating with scheduling. Barely got any hours as a way of "letting you go."
Pros
Quiet location
Cons
Long hours and lots of standing, pay sucked for the amount of work done.