Roots

Roots Employee Reviews

Canada231 reviews
Pretty good working environment! Been at two stores!! Learn a lot, and the stores acts like a roots family

Defiantly recommend working here
Pros
Discount
Cons
No benefits
Très bien pour un emploie etudiant.. pour ce qui est d’un travail dans le vie de tout le jours pas suffisant
Pros
Horraire variable
Cons
Salaire
Roots is a fun high piece sometimes slow working environment. Management was awesome. We got stuff done but we’re still able to have a conversation with each other
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Retail work
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Roots, which I believe was made more special by the people I worked with on a daily basis. We had great teamwork and communicated very well. The product is high quality and easy to get behind which made being enthusiastic very easy.
I felt that there were many cost cutting measures made by the head office that depleted our resources to do our jobs the best of our abilities, and there was an unwillingness to fairly compensate for the amount of energy and production they were expecting of us.
Pros
Great co workers, great product
Cons
Weekends and evenings, low pay
I worked at Roots for apprx. 2.5 years, as a Sales Associate and then as a Team Leader (Keyholder).
The Store Manager was extremely moody, inconsistent, and known for bullying certain employees (thankfully not me).

My coworkers were excellent - they did hire well (this was thanks to the Assistant Manger, who actually was quite good).

But the pay was not great, you are required to purchase the clothes (which are still overpriced, even despite the employee discount), the floors will be hard on your feet, and the manager was not held accountable (even after employees made complaints to the district manager, with multiple statements).

There are many better places to work for the same pay, and less stress from mentally unstable management.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Roots is a very big chain in Canada. Many customers come in and out sending is your duty to make sure their every need is met. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work environment and interacting with customers.
Unfortunately, Roots does not have a lot of growth opportunities outside of the in-store environment.

You will not be promoted based on your work ethic or skill, but instead have those skills exploited until you're completely burnt out.

You get a really great discount on merchandise!
Roots is an amazing place to work the staff and management treat you like family! It's a great first time job. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a part-time job or full-time work to apply, a lot of room for growth.
I am forever grateful to have my “Roots family”. It’s such a collaborative workplace, and when times get busy and days get hard I know I can count on my coworkers to help me get through it.
I worked with Roots as a key holder for 7 months before being forced to quit as management wasn't willing to work with me while being in school. Management whether it is a store manager or the higher-ups they never allowed us to succeed or grow. If we were doing something wrong we would be disciplined for it and not given the tools to grow. When the store had no manager temporarily we were told to figure things out by ourselves and the higher-ups were too busy to even help us over the phone. The staff environment was great and the education about product was helpful but management was horrible. I wouldn't recommend working for this company.
Roots est une entreprise avec une belle ambiance et une bonne equipe
Roots was an amazing highschool job. I worked with amazing people who were always in a good mood and did their work. They made work easier, and the customers were usually nice. It was just a part-time job, but I loved it. I also loved having a discount on my favourite clothes
De belles valeurs et une équipe de manager professionnelle.
Une vrai plaisir d’y travailler et de servir la clientèle .
You're promised a 5 hour shift and sent home after 3 hours. You try to call in sick with the flu and they still make you come in for the minimum 3 hours or turn you down when you ask to leave early due to illness. I've been in the room multiple times while the managers are talking badly about the sales associates. We're pressured to make sales on expensive items to the point where we're practically harassing customers. During the holiday season, you cannot leave the store after close until it's spotless, even if that means staying hours after you were meant to leave. On multiple occasions, I've been scheduled outside of my availability.
The discount - 50% - is amazing but it's not good enough when you're expected to wear the current line of clothes to shift and aren't being given enough hours to actually afford it.
Roots is a very fun place to work! all the people are very nice and everyone is always trying to help each other. no competition, its a safe environment to ask questions, etc
Amazing place to work at, with a healthy environment. Everyone is easy to get along with, with great benefits. Also extremely flexible when it comes to hours for students.
Mis meses de trabajo en esta compañía no podrían haber sido mejores, la compañía es muy relajada y las personas que trabajan en la tienda muy simpáticas y siempre dispuestas a ayudarte y a enseñarte nuevas cosas. No dejas de aprender y es una muy buena oportunidad para poner tus habilidades de servicio al cliente a prueba.
depends on the people you work with. most of the staff were friendly. found one of the main managers to be quiet unfair and not considerate towards emergency situations.
Roots has a very good working culture. Very friendly, and easy-going and yet professional. Like other bigger companies, it's not very nimble on making decisions. But overall, it's a good company to work with.
Management is really important. Good management will help you learn fast and develop your confidence. However, bad management will defeat your passion and bring you to suffer.
stress free work environment with very nice management. work gets busy during busy retail seasons like Christmas and new year. best part about the job is interacting with many customers and clients of Roots