ROOT Data Center Employee Reviews

Great environement to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Baie-d'urfe, QC12 June 2018
ROOT Data Center is my best work experience so far. The ambience at work is just amazing. Everyone is friendly, we do lots of activies, atmosphere is cool, etc. The managers are humains with understanding and they are listening at your concernes. 3 of 4 supervisors right now has started at ROOT in the weekend as a simple technicians, the other start as a DCT (data center technician) and became FT (facility technician) Supervisor. A guy started as a DCT and became a Solution Architec in vendor team! More? Another ''only'' technician became a construction manager. If you work hard and make your proofs, you will go far in the compagny! ROOT is always opening new posts and will always ask to the team if someone want to apply before to pass by Indeed. The compagny is growing so fast, it's intense! If you want to join a crazy team, ROOT is the compagny for you!
Pros
Nice ambiance, great team, cheap and good insurance, activities paid
Cons
Young company, need adaptation.
Disappointing
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lasalle10 May 2018
My experience working here was mostly negative. Managers like to sweeten the pot and make things seem better than they actually are. Many techs come in super excited, just to be let down and have their morale totally plummet. Management only favour those who work during the day. Many promotions to people who were under educated and under qualified. Most of the “company events” were planned without evening or night shift staff considered, even after many comments and complaints. No premiums for working odd hour shifts. Insurance was not handled properly, ended up owing over 600$ of income tax as a result. They seem to favour a revolving door of techs instead of trying to keep the good, hardworking techs they have. Many tools were not available. Concerns raised to management were overlooked. No rotating shifts so unless someone quits or gets fired, which actually happens quite often, you won’t get moved from overnight shifts. Health and safety concerns not really prioritized. Doing overnight shifts for a long period of time is proven to be unhealthy for your mind and body. The salary is way below the average, which is a huge reason why they always have an ad on this website.
Pros
Stepping stone for experience if you’re new in the field
Cons
Too many to list
Official response from ROOT Data Center
21 May 2018

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience at ROOT. As a company that continuously strives to improve and ensure that all of our employees are happy, we greatly value your feedback. It is very unfortunate to learn about how you feel regarding your experience with us and the issues you raised have been taken into serious consideration. We would like to take this chance to address some of your concerns:
1. Please know that we have split our corporate events into different dates and timings, and are also offering technicians the possibility to switch shifts to ensure that everyone has the chance to attend.
2. As we pride ourselves on our promise to offer career advancement opportunities to all our employees, we take objective measures to ensure that the selection process is carried in all fairness. We understand that it is not always possible for everybody to be happy with the outcomes, but our internal promotion rate of 34% in this fiscal year alone indicates part of our steps to fulfill our promise of extending such opportunities to all of our employees.
3. As for shift rotations, we have taken your advice and ROOT has committed to ensure that all technicians are able to experience different shifts. Some of our employees even agree that this exposure will contribute to better knowledge and development and we thank you for your suggestion!
4. We are sorry to hear that your experience with our benefits program did not match our intention of providing our employees the best insurance plan at no cost or premium. If you have experienced a  more... shortcoming regarding your insurance or income taxation, please voice your concern to our HR department at hr@rootdatacenter.com and we will be sure to address it appropriately.
Thank you again for your feedback, it helps us make ROOT a better place and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Do NOT work here
Facility technician (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC27 April 2018
This place does NOT follow proper safety guidelines! An example of this is that employees had to force management for scissor lift permits as they demanded them to work on them without, prior to the training. You are at risk if you work here. This is one of many issues widely present throughout the workplace.

This company makes its employees pay for its mistakes, many technicians reported having to pay extra in taxes due to the company not claiming their insurance properly.

Apply here at your own risk.
Pros
Learning what not to do
Cons
Little to no concerns for safety
Official response from ROOT Data Center
21 May 2018

Hello,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share some of your experience at ROOT. It is through feedback that we are able to improve the working environment of our valued employees.
It is unfortunate to read that you have experienced such concerns. Whilst an apology may regrettably not alter the outcome of your own experience, we would like to share with you the progress that has been made since our employees requested and were provided with certified training sessions for the use of lifting platforms. Our health and safety committee has since grown to include a minimum of one safety representative from each team of technicians as well as subject matter experts. With such team representation and different safety initiatives, the committee is in now in a better position to proactively recognize and eliminate any source of safety concern. After all, it is our reliance on our employees’ input that pushes us to reinforce our open door policy when it comes to feedback and new ideas!
As for your second point, if you have experienced a shortcoming with regards to insurance claims yourself, please voice your concern to HR at hr@rootdatacenter.com and we will be sure to address it promptly.
We thank you for your time and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please contact us at your convenience.

Awesome company!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 April 2018
ROOT is the best company I’ve ever worked for!

Everyone supports each other and the company values are simply outstanding.

Management always makes its a priority to be close to their staff and ensure they are very well supported to handle projects and requirements.

The overall atmosphere is awesome! It’s a friendly, collaborative and respectful environment. Employees are always encouraged to shared their ideas and feedback.

They make it a priority to reward their employees for all their efforts and hard work.
Pros
Insurance benefits, friendly environment, recognition program, great leaders
Not Recommended
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC19 November 2017
Only reason to work here, is for time in the field of DC's for your CV. Otherwise employees are mistreated and lied to. Management is only bosses no leaders, which adheres to a de-constructive approach instead of a constructive approach. No performance based incentives, no premiums for after normal business hours shifts. On the lower end of employee pay as per the industry.
Pros
Cons
Only cons
Awesome team
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2017
I look at the team from a bit of a distance, working in Toronto, while the rest of the team is in Montreal. The thing that I have noticed the most perhaps, is the incredible culture the team has - they are an incredibly tight-knit and friendly group. They are enormously helpful, going out of their way to help each other, our customers, as well as new folks on the team like I was not long ago.

Event today - it is a team member's birthday - I believe the entire organization went out of their way to wish him a happy birthday on email chains and on Whatsapp chats.

Come join this awesome team!
Cons
I only get to see the team once in a while!

Want to know more about ROOT Data Center?

Ask a question