ROOT Data Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great environement to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Baie-d'urfe, QC12 June 2018
ROOT Data Center is my best work experience so far. The ambience at work is just amazing. Everyone is friendly, we do lots of activies, atmosphere is cool, etc. The managers are humains with understanding and they are listening at your concernes. 3 of 4 supervisors right now has started at ROOT in the weekend as a simple technicians, the other start as a DCT (data center technician) and became FT (facility technician) Supervisor. A guy started as a DCT and became a Solution Architec in vendor team! More? Another ''only'' technician became a construction manager. If you work hard and make your proofs, you will go far in the compagny! ROOT is always opening new posts and will always ask to the team if someone want to apply before to pass by Indeed. The compagny is growing so fast, it's intense! If you want to join a crazy team, ROOT is the compagny for you!
Pros
Nice ambiance, great team, cheap and good insurance, activities paid
Cons
Young company, need adaptation.
Do NOT work here
Facility technician (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC27 April 2018
This place does NOT follow proper safety guidelines! An example of this is that employees had to force management for scissor lift permits as they demanded them to work on them without, prior to the training. You are at risk if you work here. This is one of many issues widely present throughout the workplace.

This company makes its employees pay for its mistakes, many technicians reported having to pay extra in taxes due to the company not claiming their insurance properly.

Apply here at your own risk.
Pros
Learning what not to do
Cons
Little to no concerns for safety
Official response from ROOT Data Center
21 May 2018

Hello,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share some of your experience at ROOT. It is through feedback that we are able to improve the working environment of our valued employees.
It is unfortunate to read that you have experienced such concerns. Whilst an apology may regrettably not alter the outcome of your own experience, we would like to share with you the progress that has been made since our employees requested and were provided with certified training sessions for the use of lifting platforms. Our health and safety committee has since grown to include a minimum of one safety representative from each team of technicians as well as subject matter experts. With such team representation and different safety initiatives, the committee is in now in a better position to proactively recognize and eliminate any source of safety concern. After all, it is our reliance on our employees’ input that pushes us to reinforce our open door policy when it comes to feedback and new ideas!
As for your second point, if you have experienced a shortcoming with regards to insurance claims yourself, please voice your concern to HR at hr@rootdatacenter.com and we will be sure to address it promptly.
We thank you for your time and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please contact us at your convenience.

Awesome company!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 April 2018
ROOT is the best company I’ve ever worked for!

Everyone supports each other and the company values are simply outstanding.

Management always makes its a priority to be close to their staff and ensure they are very well supported to handle projects and requirements.

The overall atmosphere is awesome! It’s a friendly, collaborative and respectful environment. Employees are always encouraged to shared their ideas and feedback.

They make it a priority to reward their employees for all their efforts and hard work.
Pros
Insurance benefits, friendly environment, recognition program, great leaders
Not Recommended
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC19 November 2017
Only reason to work here, is for time in the field of DC's for your CV. Otherwise employees are mistreated and lied to. Management is only bosses no leaders, which adheres to a de-constructive approach instead of a constructive approach. No performance based incentives, no premiums for after normal business hours shifts. On the lower end of employee pay as per the industry.
Pros
Cons
Only cons
Awesome team
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2017
I look at the team from a bit of a distance, working in Toronto, while the rest of the team is in Montreal. The thing that I have noticed the most perhaps, is the incredible culture the team has - they are an incredibly tight-knit and friendly group. They are enormously helpful, going out of their way to help each other, our customers, as well as new folks on the team like I was not long ago.

Event today - it is a team member's birthday - I believe the entire organization went out of their way to wish him a happy birthday on email chains and on Whatsapp chats.

Come join this awesome team!
Cons
I only get to see the team once in a while!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ROOT Data Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8