Roofmart

Roofmart Employee Reviews

Canada51 reviews
Upper management does not understand branch operations and as a result pushes sales responsibilities onto the less experienced staff. Sales staff do not know products and management overcompensates for them
Fun, co-workers are great, rewarding. upper management is very compassionate and are always available when needed. All departments work together as a team.
Pros
Good working environment
6 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback!

Roofmart strives to foster a culture of compassion and accessibility within our management team and to support them as they continue to support our valued employees every day.
My first introduction into the roofing industry. Roofmart was one of the industry leaders, being owned by the larger mother company,IKO. Great experience working there.
Pros
Great brand name recognition
Cons
Non I can think of
6 August 2019
Thank you for your review! Roofmart prides itself on being a leader within the roofing industry and thanks for being a part of that.
This is a company where you get what you give. You put in hard work, effort, and a good attitude and you will reap the benefits. Top level management recognizes a job well done.

The culture is great and people are fun to be around. The people here are easy to approach whether it is branch level or head office, all my interactions have been pleasant.

You are actually given the resources you need to get the job done which not a lot of companies are willing to do. All you have to do is ask.

I've been given the opportunity to grow in my role, be challenged, and have been supported well by my Manager and team.

What was once lacking is slowly improving as a lot of new processes, training, and technologies are being put into place.
Pros
Work/life balance, training, birthday celebrations, lunches.
Cons
Can get very busy in peak season, communication might suffer.
19 August 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and thoughts with us.
, it is not a good place, it is run by ppl who do not believe in the 5 IKO core values and only talk about them on Tuesday mornings because they have too. ignorant fellow employees and managers are kept while hard working honest and what should be valued employees let go or leave because of the lack of integrity or honesty or fairness. management will intimidate bully or coerce employees via job loss to shut up or agree even when its not the truth or right. customers only matter when they spend lots of money, homeowners or small company do not get same treatment. most fellow employess are great ppl, but if you are not in the "office click" you will be treated differently. the turnover rate of employees is sad, they truly do not care about employees, only those who cheat and lie and mislead are believed by upper management. no wonder they have court dates will former employees.
Pros
Cons
waste of my time and effort
6 August 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. If you would like to discuss this further with our team please contact us at 1-800-387-2560.
Nothing great. They treated me OK while I was there. I only worked for a few months because of the ridiculous hours and letting customers in after hours even though we were closed. They treat staff like second class to the customers which makes you begin to hate dealing with customers...the customer is not always right, respect your staff
6 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback. At Roofmart, our customers are very important to us but equally so are our employees. If you would like to discuss your concerns please contact us at 1-800-387-2560.
This company has a long way to go in terms of treatment of employees and benefits and infrastructure. There are politics at this workplace with newer management and the salary compensation is poor. Might be a good starter job.
Pros
Free lunches on holidays, Cake every end of the month
Cons
Benefits are poor (No massage, No physio), Management lacks fundamental people skills
6 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback. The HR team would be happy to provide you with further details and clarity regarding the complete benefits package on offer.
Disorganized with no clear vision or direction of the company that is past down to middle management and lower. Very frustrating place to go work at everyday
They are owned by IKO - a company whose product isn't great and has a bad rep. Slowly edged out by competition. Hard to keep the ship afloat. Lot of people left when I was there. Revolving door.
Pros
isn't super high pressure for most roles
Cons
pay is low
6 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We stand behind the quality of all Roofmart stocked products and welcome further discussion regarding this. Please contact us at 1-800-387-2560.
Great owners, plenty of room for advancement. great benefits plan along with great people.
Travel can be a little much and extensive hours tend to take you away from your family.
19 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and thoughts with us.
although the work was demanding it was a great experience. It kept me in shape, paid well, and offered me plenty of hours to keep busy,
I ended up getting laid off but I enjoyed my time there.
19 August 2019
Alot of heavy lifting and memorizing where all the supplies are for all roofing siding and tools you could ever need on a job they are well organized and easy to work with
19 August 2019
I work with roofmart for three years, besides the insulting pay! first year management was okay and loved the people I Worked with.... after the first manager was no longer there management got really bad... a lot of personal issues and FAVORITISM.... people were treated differently then one another, very unfair. The management now is the reason why I resigned, he was completely irrgnorant. Not flexible if you have children.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Horrible management, favoritism, Horrible pay!!!!!
19 August 2019
just bad management skills rude to customers
always arriving late wont deal with issues

would talk behind staffs back one sided

no forklift training just a bad manager
Pros
most employees fine to work with
Cons
wont take calls(management)
19 August 2019
Very poor customer service and We ordered roof sheets, gutters fascia and down pipes etc. Nearly Rs.600000. But items has delivered with lots of scratches, marks and damages not satisfied at all. After complaining no solution and no responses, looks like non professional please be aware !!!
6 August 2019
Currently, Roofmart has over 50 locations across Canada and does not presently service the Sri Lanka region. We believe you may have the wrong company. However, if you are reaching out regarding one of our Canadian locations, please contact us on 1-800-387-2560.
Worked here for 2 years. Management is horrible, don't dare bring up a safety issue because you will find yourself laid off. The sales guys are a pain to deal with and expect you to bend over backwards for THEIR clients and will badmouth you to management if they don't like you. They are also very cheap, don't expect any bonuses.
Pros
You can quit whenever you want
Cons
You took the job in the first place
19 August 2019
It was a great job, was eager to go to work everyday and learn new things. Different people to work with everyday, built on customer service and drive to obtain new clients.
Pros
great benefits
19 August 2019
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and thoughts with us.
Met great people while I worked there but the pay was something to be desired. Room for advancement, but don't seem to pay what your worth. The hours were good and I liked it was only weekdays.
Pros
People you work with...great customers...learned a lot
Cons
Doesn't pay well
19 August 2019
Lots of heavy lifting, lots of long days but the pay was alright. Interacting with customers and other employees is a nice change, compared to other warehouse jobs.
19 August 2019
Roofmart has shown a positive work atmosphere and great work ethics from the beginning of my employment with the company. My co workers and upper management have given me great support in training. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good hours, Friendly staff
19 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and thoughts with us.
Poor management from head office to the bottom. full of cheating and personal issues. Hard working dosen't get paid back, "good"relation with certain people will get you way up to the top.
Leave the boat before it sinks.
6 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We encourage you to contact HR directly to discuss this further.