Roofmart

Roofmart Pay & benefits reviews

Canada52 reviews
This company has a long way to go in terms of treatment of employees and benefits and infrastructure. There are politics at this workplace with newer management and the salary compensation is poor. Might be a good starter job.
Pros
Free lunches on holidays, Cake every end of the month
Cons
Benefits are poor (No massage, No physio), Management lacks fundamental people skills
6 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback. The HR team would be happy to provide you with further details and clarity regarding the complete benefits package on offer.
Hamilton branch. Great place to work, I'm a current employee and I advanced to a crane operator quickly. I enjoy working here. Great workout and good pay. Love it
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Great workout at work
Cons
Not enough staff at times
You can tell a lot about a company by how they treat their employees during the 2020 virus epidemic. They have no loyalty to their employees and have been relentlessly cruel in the entire ordeal. Management is a complete mess and have no idea what they're doing. They will throw you under the bus at any chance they get. Roofmart claims that their family values makes them stand out, but it's just a bunch of empty nonsense they have to make up because there's no other benefits to working here. Do yourself a favour and avoid this company at all costs. I wish you all the luck in the world if you ever get employed here because you will need it.
Easy to lay blame and fast to fire... glad I gave my two weeks notice! Always wanting something from you with nothing in return. Pleas work late but we won’t give you a raise for all your hard work!
Don't waist your time on this place. The warehouse workers are rude and one of them are miserable and grumpy. Management does not care about there people at all!. Manager talks bad about there clients and the employer's. And pays bad for what you got to do... Company is cheap. And you get no breaks only lunch.. there modo is, work comes first and your family comes 2nd. comes b2ndhgd comes secondand hgyourffamilyngvhgfdff2comejhghgsecondsechond...
Pros
Is no pros.
Cons
How much time you got!?
Great hours
Great Management very understanding when needed
Great Pay

Hardest part of the job was the amount of physical energy required to load rooftops

Most enjoyable part of the job is that most of the employees there are great to work with and very hard workers
Pros
Lots of work hours
Cons
Potentially long days
6 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and thoughts with us.
This is a company where you get what you give. You put in hard work, effort, and a good attitude and you will reap the benefits. Top level management recognizes a job well done.

The culture is great and people are fun to be around. The people here are easy to approach whether it is branch level or head office, all my interactions have been pleasant.

You are actually given the resources you need to get the job done which not a lot of companies are willing to do. All you have to do is ask.

I've been given the opportunity to grow in my role, be challenged, and have been supported well by my Manager and team.

What was once lacking is slowly improving as a lot of new processes, training, and technologies are being put into place.
Pros
Work/life balance, training, birthday celebrations, lunches.
Cons
Can get very busy in peak season, communication might suffer.
19 August 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and thoughts with us.
Great owners, plenty of room for advancement. great benefits plan along with great people.
Travel can be a little much and extensive hours tend to take you away from your family.
19 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and thoughts with us.
although the work was demanding it was a great experience. It kept me in shape, paid well, and offered me plenty of hours to keep busy,
I ended up getting laid off but I enjoyed my time there.
19 August 2019
It was a great job, was eager to go to work everyday and learn new things. Different people to work with everyday, built on customer service and drive to obtain new clients.
Pros
great benefits
19 August 2019
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and thoughts with us.
Met great people while I worked there but the pay was something to be desired. Room for advancement, but don't seem to pay what your worth. The hours were good and I liked it was only weekdays.
Pros
People you work with...great customers...learned a lot
Cons
Doesn't pay well
19 August 2019
Lots of heavy lifting, lots of long days but the pay was alright. Interacting with customers and other employees is a nice change, compared to other warehouse jobs.
19 August 2019
Roofmart has shown a positive work atmosphere and great work ethics from the beginning of my employment with the company. My co workers and upper management have given me great support in training. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good hours, Friendly staff
19 August 2019
This was probably the worst job I ever had, and there are countless reasons. The people, your co-workers are great for the most part, just be careful of the office and what you say around them.
If you like being thrown into the mix and treated like a village idiot if you ask a question than have fun because thats exactly what you'll get here. I could say so much more but I'll leave it there.
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
Pay, horrible Management, poor benefits, low safety stadards.
6 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to address anything specifically with our Roofmart team, please contact us at 1-800-387-2560.
great place to work and learn the ropes on the siding and roofing industry. Customer base is fantastic and so is management. Everyone works as a team and the hours are excellent. Would recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
Weekends off, free coffee, nice coworkers