Roofmart

Roofmart Employee Reviews in Greater Toronto Area, ON

Greater Toronto Area, ON2 reviews
At one time, Roofmart was a company that had a real familial atmosphere with experienced management who knew the industry and was generally a very good company to work for. However, in recent years, that atmosphere has changed to a more corporate environment with new management that lacks emotional intelligence and treats the workers poorly with little to no respect.

New branch managers are being hired with no industry background, no people skills whatsoever and this in turn puts more strain on the workers, which negatively affects customer service. It creates toxic work environments as a result, and workers feeling de-valued and disrespected (example: General Manager that will periodically visit branches and not even acknowledge the staff as he passes by them, inexperienced branch managers over-reliant with inadequate training and poor attitudes towards their staff).

Co-workers have generally been great to work with, but management is the main problem here... if you have an issue or concerns that requires assistance from HR, forget it - HR will usually side with the company and basically and tell you whatever the branch manager says, goes. No support for the front-line worker.

This company no longer has any interest in your well-being, even though they will say all the right things. The GTA Regional Manager is a complete joke - unqualified and unprepared for the role he currently holds and should have been put out to pasture a long time ago. Roofmart (specifically the GTA region) will continue to suffer under his "leadership" as long as that person is there. The new
 - more...
This is a company where you get what you give. You put in hard work, effort, and a good attitude and you will reap the benefits. Top level management recognizes a job well done.

The culture is great and people are fun to be around. The people here are easy to approach whether it is branch level or head office, all my interactions have been pleasant.

You are actually given the resources you need to get the job done which not a lot of companies are willing to do. All you have to do is ask.

I've been given the opportunity to grow in my role, be challenged, and have been supported well by my Manager and team.

What was once lacking is slowly improving as a lot of new processes, training, and technologies are being put into place.
Pros
Work/life balance, training, birthday celebrations, lunches.
Cons
Can get very busy in peak season, communication might suffer.
Official response from Roofmart
19 August 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and thoughts with us.