Roofmart Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON15 May 2019
This is by far the worst company I’ve ever worked for . You will be sold on the idea of teamwork and advancement , so it seems like a good place to be . Upper management treats people terribly almost to the point of abusive . They purposely install fear of being fired (which is something they seem to enjoy. Almost brag about )
I loved the customers and the company is customer focused which was the only good thing . They fire people for no reason . General manager out of the head office breeds this culture and seems to encourage it
I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone
Pros
Customers are great
Cons
Too many to list
Management is garbage
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON3 May 2019
Pay is alright but if you dont suck up to management your fired. Worked with great co workers but the upper management needs to get there head out of there back sides. Will never consider worker for them every again they treat the employees like garbage just do as they say or get fired for no reasoning. It is the worst company I have ever worked for period. And imagine it all starts at the top
Pros
Cons
Management is garbage. Treat employees like garbage. Employee turn over rate is crazy
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 April 2019
Fun, co-workers are great, rewarding. upper management is very compassionate and are always available when needed. All departments work together as a team.
Pros
Good working environment
Great company to work for
OUTSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 March 2019
My first introduction into the roofing industry. Roofmart was one of the industry leaders, being owned by the larger mother company,IKO. Great experience working there.
Pros
Great brand name recognition
Cons
Non I can think of
Good people, great support, career growth.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON3 January 2019
This is a company where you get what you give. You put in hard work, effort, and a good attitude and you will reap the benefits. Top level management recognizes a job well done.

The culture is great and people are fun to be around. The people here are easy to approach whether it is branch level or head office, all my interactions have been pleasant.

You are actually given the resources you need to get the job done which not a lot of companies are willing to do. All you have to do is ask.

I've been given the opportunity to grow in my role, be challenged, and have been supported well by my Manager and team.

What was once lacking is slowly improving as a lot of new processes, training, and technologies are being put into place.
Pros
Work/life balance, training, birthday celebrations, lunches.
Cons
Can get very busy in peak season, communication might suffer.
poor manament integrity honesty or atomosphere. DO NOT BOTHER TO TRY.
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 November 2018
, it is not a good place, it is run by ppl who do not believe in the 5 IKO core values and only talk about them on Tuesday mornings because they have too. ignorant fellow employees and managers are kept while hard working honest and what should be valued employees let go or leave because of the lack of integrity or honesty or fairness. management will intimidate bully or coerce employees via job loss to shut up or agree even when its not the truth or right. customers only matter when they spend lots of money, homeowners or small company do not get same treatment. most fellow employess are great ppl, but if you are not in the "office click" you will be treated differently. the turnover rate of employees is sad, they truly do not care about employees, only those who cheat and lie and mislead are believed by upper management. no wonder they have court dates will former employees.
Pros
Cons
waste of my time and effort
Decent company
Truck Driver Conveyer and Curtain (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 October 2018
Nothing great. They treated me OK while I was there. I only worked for a few months because of the ridiculous hours and letting customers in after hours even though we were closed. They treat staff like second class to the customers which makes you begin to hate dealing with customers...the customer is not always right, respect your staff
Still in growing stages
Head Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 October 2018
This company has a long way to go in terms of treatment of employees and benefits and infrastructure. There are politics at this workplace with newer management and the salary compensation is poor. Might be a good starter job.
Pros
Free lunches on holidays, Cake every end of the month
Cons
Benefits are poor (No massage, No physio), Management lacks fundamental people skills
Not the worst
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2018
They are owned by IKO - a company whose product isn't great and has a bad rep. Slowly edged out by competition. Hard to keep the ship afloat. Lot of people left when I was there. Revolving door.
Pros
isn't super high pressure for most roles
Cons
pay is low
Great company to work for
Health and Safety Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario9 May 2018
Great owners, plenty of room for advancement. great benefits plan along with great people.
Travel can be a little much and extensive hours tend to take you away from your family.
Fun and demanding work
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON13 March 2018
although the work was demanding it was a great experience. It kept me in shape, paid well, and offered me plenty of hours to keep busy,
I ended up getting laid off but I enjoyed my time there.
Productive establishment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 December 2017
Alot of heavy lifting and memorizing where all the supplies are for all roofing siding and tools you could ever need on a job they are well organized and easy to work with
Bad management of
Office Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 November 2017
I work with roofmart for three years, besides the insulting pay! first year management was okay and loved the people I Worked with.... after the first manager was no longer there management got really bad... a lot of personal issues and FAVORITISM.... people were treated differently then one another, very unfair. The management now is the reason why I resigned, he was completely irrgnorant. Not flexible if you have children.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Horrible management, favoritism, Horrible pay!!!!!
bad office management
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 November 2017
just bad management skills rude to customers
always arriving late wont deal with issues
would talk behind staffs back one sided
no forklift training just a bad manager
Pros
most employees fine to work with
Cons
wont take calls(management)
items has delivered with Scratches
Roof mart (Former Employee) –  Kurunegala12 November 2017
Very poor customer service and We ordered roof sheets, gutters fascia and down pipes etc. Nearly Rs.600000. But items has delivered with lots of scratches, marks and damages not satisfied at all. After complaining no solution and no responses, looks like non professional please be aware !!!
Horrible Place to work
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 September 2017
Worked here for 2 years. Management is horrible, don't dare bring up a safety issue because you will find yourself laid off. The sales guys are a pain to deal with and expect you to bend over backwards for THEIR clients and will badmouth you to management if they don't like you. They are also very cheap, don't expect any bonuses.
Pros
You can quit whenever you want
Cons
You took the job in the first place
Great Values and Good people
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 August 2017
It was a great job, was eager to go to work everyday and learn new things. Different people to work with everyday, built on customer service and drive to obtain new clients.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Great group of fellow employees
Supervisor/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 August 2017
Met great people while I worked there but the pay was something to be desired. Room for advancement, but don't seem to pay what your worth. The hours were good and I liked it was only weekdays.
Pros
People you work with...great customers...learned a lot
Cons
Doesn't pay well
Roofs
Swamper/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 May 2017
Lots of heavy lifting, lots of long days but the pay was alright. Interacting with customers and other employees is a nice change, compared to other warehouse jobs.
Order Clerk (Current Employee) –  Holland Landing, ON6 March 2017
Roofmart has shown a positive work atmosphere and great work ethics from the beginning of my employment with the company. My co workers and upper management have given me great support in training. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good hours, Friendly staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roofmart. Our community is ready to answer.