Roofmart

Roofmart Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews
Upper management doesn't understand daily branch operations
Upper management does not understand branch operations and as a result pushes sales responsibilities onto the less experienced staff. Sales staff do not know products and management overcompensates for them
DO NOT work here
They can't run a company to save their life. Save yourself the torture. DO NOT APPLY!!! Me and 2 friends got let go on false accusations. IGNORANT!!!!
DO NOT work here!!
You can tell a lot about a company by how they treat their employees during the 2020 virus epidemic. They have no loyalty to their employees and have been relentlessly cruel in the entire ordeal. Management is a complete mess and have no idea what they're doing. They will throw you under the bus at any chance they get. Roofmart claims that their family values makes them stand out, but it's just a bunch of empty nonsense they have to make up because there's no other benefits to working here. Do yourself a favour and avoid this company at all costs. I wish you all the luck in the world if you ever get employed here because you will need it.
Relaxing
As long as you do your job and listen to directions, work is very easy and the pace is quick enough to keep you motivated. The Management was easily to get along with and they are approachable
26 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and thoughts with us.
Dont do it! Run away!!!
This establishment is not conducive to a good life. The regional manager will not only throw you under the bus to protect himself he will drive the by a!!
Pros
None.
Cons
Regional managers are crooked as the day is long.
Don’t stick your neck out for them
Easy to lay blame and fast to fire... glad I gave my two weeks notice! Always wanting something from you with nothing in return. Pleas work late but we won’t give you a raise for all your hard work!
Management sucked!
Worked for the company in red deer. Slaved for 18$ an hour to load dangerous half built roofs or site drops.

Worked a plenty of crane ops that were terrible at there jobs. Destroyed more houses then deliveries were made.

Management in red deer couldn't get there stuff together and jobs were always a mess
Poor management
Not wanting to train you, talk bad about you so you can hear it, shut doors in your face, not felt like your part of the team and just outsider....tha
Roofmart was a great company to work for. The head office team was friendly and approachable; the culture was very collaborative. The work was challenging and provided good opportunities for learning and advancement. The interview process was seamless from the start, the phone screen and in person interview with HR provided a solid understanding of the role and expectations.
13 January 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and thoughts with us.
Great company with great staff...fairly large company overall that maintains a family atmosphere.
I have worked for Roofmart for many years and have no intention of leaving. This is a great company that truly cares about their employees. Management encourages continuing education and will pay for your training / courses. This has allowed me to further my career and earn a higher wage. I respect the owners, their values, they set a tremendous work-ethic example. I would definitely recommend working for this company.
Pros
Summer BBQ’s.... birthday cakes....extra floater days off during the Christmas holidays.
Cons
Not always enough staff parking
9 December 2019
Thank you for your feedback!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and thoughts with us and we look forward to continued work together.
DO NOT Make Long-Term Plans Here.
At one time, Roofmart was a company that had a real familial atmosphere with experienced management who knew the industry and was generally a very good company to work for. However, in recent years, that atmosphere has changed to a more corporate environment with new management that lacks emotional intelligence and treats the workers poorly with little to no respect.

New branch managers are being hired with no industry background, no people skills whatsoever and this in turn puts more strain on the workers, which negatively affects customer service. It creates toxic work environments as a result, and workers feeling de-valued and disrespected (example: General Manager that will periodically visit branches and not even acknowledge the staff as he passes by them, inexperienced branch managers over-reliant with inadequate training and poor attitudes towards their staff).

Co-workers have generally been great to work with, but management is the main problem here... if you have an issue or concerns that requires assistance from HR, forget it - HR will usually side with the company and basically and tell you whatever the branch manager says, goes. No support for the front-line worker.

This company no longer has any interest in your well-being, even though they will say all the right things. The GTA Regional Manager is a complete joke - unqualified and unprepared for the role he currently holds and should have been put out to pasture a long time ago. Roofmart (specifically the GTA region) will continue to suffer under his "leadership" as long as that person is there. The new
 - more...
Garbage
Absolute trash company to work for. management is condescending to most staff, there is little to 0 training for new employees, the atmosphere reminds me of a high school hallway
14 January 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

If you would like to discuss this further with our team, please contact us at 1-800-387-2560.
Productive and energetic work environment
Great staff morale. Busy summer months. Productive staff and environment. Somedays can be energetic and quick paced others slow and able to catch up and do your extra jobs.
15 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and thoughts with us.
Horrible!!
Don't waist your time on this place. The warehouse workers are rude and one of them are miserable and grumpy. Management does not care about there people at all!. Manager talks bad about there clients and the employer's. And pays bad for what you got to do... Company is cheap. And you get no breaks only lunch.. there modo is, work comes first and your family comes 2nd. comes b2ndhgd comes secondand hgyourffamilyngvhgfdff2comejhghgsecondsechond...
Pros
Is no pros.
Cons
How much time you got!?
This company is a total joke. #deadends
Racists and backstabbing ragers. Also they work really hard to find ways around paying ot and steal your 30 from you if your to busy to take it. Customers can treat you any kinda way and managment doesnt care lol.
Pros
Easy work
15 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to discuss your concerns further with us, we encourage you to please contact us at 1-800-387-2560.
Would give a zero if I could...
Great people, and low pay... took almost 2yrs and still never got a review or pay increase. Head honcho from Calgary is a useless human being...and they don’t try to improve their employees they just fire them.
Pros
Paid in house forklift/Fall arrest training
Cons
Horrible boss in Calgary
Draconian, Victorian
Work people as hard as they can, no respect from CEO, some managers ok, but they are always scared of being shouted at and threatened (no job security), complete control freak. Shouts and curses at employees. Tries to control their life outside of work hours. Culture of fear.
Some great coworkers, but not worth working there long term.

Them and us culture, good people leave as soon as possible.

Would love to see the true turnover rate in this company. It’s not good.
Pros
Negligible
Cons
Lack of trust and respect
14 January 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Terrible place to work
This is by far the worst company I’ve ever worked for . You will be sold on the idea of teamwork and advancement , so it seems like a good place to be . Upper management treats people terribly almost to the point of abusive . They purposely install fear of being fired (which is something they seem to enjoy. Almost brag about )
I loved the customers and the company is customer focused which was the only good thing . They fire people for no reason . General manager out of the head office breeds this culture and seems to encourage it

I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone
Pros
Customers are great
Cons
Too many to list
Management is garbage
Pay is alright but if you dont suck up to management your fired. Worked with great co workers but the upper management needs to get there head out of there back sides. Will never consider worker for them every again they treat the employees like garbage just do as they say or get fired for no reasoning. It is the worst company I have ever worked for period. And imagine it all starts at the top
Pros
Cons
Management is garbage. Treat employees like garbage. Employee turn over rate is crazy
15 November 2019
Very great place to work
Great hours
Great Management very understanding when needed

Great Pay

Hardest part of the job was the amount of physical energy required to load rooftops

Most enjoyable part of the job is that most of the employees there are great to work with and very hard workers
Pros
Lots of work hours
Cons
Potentially long days
6 August 2019
Fun, co-workers are great, rewarding. upper management is very compassionate and are always available when needed. All departments work together as a team.
Pros
Good working environment
Thank you for your feedback!

Roofmart strives to foster a culture of compassion and accessibility within our management team and to support them as they continue to support our valued employees every day.