RONA Employee Reviews

Great experience
Head Cashier , Vault (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC6 December 2017
i loved working for this company , i worked for them for almost 8 years . i gained so much experience in the world of customer service and building materials . my co-workers and management felt like family , ill cherish my time with them
relaxed retail enviroment
Renovation technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2017
seasonal work that didn't match what I was looking for. needed to move on to something more financially fulfilling, and mentally challenging. it was a great job that just didn't offer enough pay.
Pros
awesome people
Cons
need to offer their employees more to keep them around.
Donot work here!!!!
Paint etc (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 November 2017
Terrible place to work !!!!no manager support! And the managers they have are uneducated in customer service!!they donot support their workers!! They use them! Management needs to go for intense training on how to treat people!! Believe me, bad place period!! And shop Canadian??? Everything is from China!!! So how does that work!!
Pros
Nil
Cons
Long hours, abuse
A great work environment
Coordinator AB south Security for Rona (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 November 2017
Rona is a good company to work for with room for advancement. The company has many area's for employee's to work in with advancement. A great work environment for this company.
Pros
Safet work place
great place to work
Cashier/Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Campbellford, ON2 November 2017
Compared to my last place of employment Rona Is a great place to work . Management and staff are very helpful, They strive to have a good relationship with customers and well as treating staff in a very good manner. Hours are flexible and if time off needed no problem.
Pros
management and staff work well together
Cons
only part time hours
Made peanuts to operate a forklift
Forklift Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2017
i was pressured into operating a forklift full time without a proper license or pay raise, i was doing forklift work and picking up the slack of new employees and also getting chewed up when i couldnt do the job of 2 people
Cons
horrible manager, bad pay, hard work
Room for Advancement
Assistant Store Manager Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 October 2017
Great group of people to work with. Long hours required due to the cycle of retail sales. Hard to perform your duties due to the need to cover for lack of staff.
Fulfilling workplace
Online Sales/Holds (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC28 October 2017
Rona is a good place to grow your knowledge, and experience. There are so many working parts that it can only run as a well oiled machine. They are always providing lots of opportunities to learn and be a part of something. Lots of donations and volunteer work for the community.
Pros
Lunches on sale days, good people
Cons
Always expected to live up to the fullest
Great for needing a job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2017
I recommend Rona for people in need of work or looking for a good retail position. The atmosphere is good and is a fun workplace. If it weren't for the low salary because it is retail I would probably stay permanently.
A busy atmosphere that I enjoy being a part of
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Loon Lake, SK24 October 2017
Working at a hardware store like Rona, I like how busy and fast paced it can be which makes the day go by fast! There's always something to do (fun or not), so I really enjoy working at a place like that. I like meeting all the new faces and helping them out as best as I can and I like learning about something new every day if it's from a customer, themselves, or a coworker.
not impressed
Yard personel (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2017
Overall my experience was OK not the best. The yard was understaffed constantly The one thing I got out of working there was a little bit of customer service.
Good place to work lots of teamwork
Preparateur de commande (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC19 October 2017
I work 3rd shift from 10:30 pm to 6:30am....not a huge chance of advancement unless you’ve been with the company for a long time.Good training so you can work in different areas.Hardest part of the job is probably balancing work and home since I work 3rd shift.Best part is probably doing something I enjoyed.
Pros
Good salary+benefits frequent opportunity to overtime
Cons
Winter gets kind of slow....layoffs sometimes
Disorganized company where hope goes to die
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 October 2017
Worked with the company for a long time and during those years the company got cheaper and cheaper. It went from having pizza on promotion days and christmas dinner at a banquet hall to no free food and being asked to pay for water. There was no staff appreciation and it was the most disorganized managment team with the store manager feeding people lies and only worrying about customers and treating employees like garbage. If you want to work somewhere where you become less motivated and have your dignity and respect be shattered by the managment team this is the place to be. And if you chose to complan, they will ignore it and tell you that problem will be fixed, which it doesn't.
Pros
Great employees to work with
Cons
Cheap company with no employee apprecation
It was good place to work for but some of the changes hurt the company
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON18 October 2017
This company is good to work for and it was of stayed great but the restructure of some of the store caused it to loose some the ouster that kept staff there.
Pros
Had a good team to keep team up and happy
Cons
Got rid of this team and moral went down
Productive and fun at the same time
Renovation Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2017
As a short term position I was made comfortable while doing my work. My role in leading a team through renovations was respected by my peers and employer. I enjoyed my short term position
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Noisy
Productive workplace that could improve on organization
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Southampton, ON12 October 2017
A typical day at work consists of assisting customers and loading their vehicles with their orders. I would also help with measurements and cutting of the lumber. Any down time that I would have in between customers would go towards organizing the in-stock lumber yard. I was able to have more insight on properly measuring and cutting as I hadn't had quite as much experience prior to Rona. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unexpected customer expectations in which what they request is not do-able. The most enjoyable part of my day on the other hand would consist of interaction between customers on a day to day basis and see the amount of impact I can have by just helping.
Pros
Flexible with my schedule
Positive
General Clerk / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 October 2017
RONA offered me many opportunities to learn and expand my horizons, I'm grateful that when I left them, my knowledge of tools, products and working attitude was far and beyond that what is was when i first joined their team. The only remark i have that gave me pause was how quick they were to put myself, a teenager at the time, in a managerial type position. Though it was a shock at the time i am thankful for the role as it crafted me into a more efficient and productive employee.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Work place stress, under staffed
Productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2017
The staff were nice. The training was an easy process and straight to the point. The product knowledge was challenging due to the many different types of work work tools.
Pros
Training was easy
Cons
Product knowledge was challenging
it is what it is... could be better.
DZ DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON4 October 2017
Great places through out the chain. Contractors are 50/50 personality wise so be prepared to be yelled at a lot for being late at 7am. you learn your the only one that knows the rules of the road. Management depends on who you get. customers were great!.
Pros
good team
Cons
first to show and last to leave.
loved working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON2 October 2017
Feels like home. i loved working there. The only thing is that if your not busy theres a lot of down time so thats when you usually get your cleaning done or your filling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RONA. Our community is ready to answer.