RONA

RONA Employee Reviews

Found 1,193 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,208 reviews

Fun place to work

If your a student or just looking for a casual type job this is a great place to work. At the location I worked at there wasn’t much for advancement but I heard other locations did have opportunities. If your working the lower level jobs you will probably be making just enough to get by. From my experience the culture was top notch. I got along really well with all my co workers and the management was pretty accommodating and friendly. I would definitely recommend working here.

Pros

Great Work Environment, Chance For Bonus Every Quarter, Good Management

Cons

Pay is a little low, Hours can be unpredictable

Peu de reconnaissance

Ayant eu un changement de direction , je dirais que mon expérience au sein de Rona ne sera pas objective pour tous les centres.Pour ma part je n’ai pas eu de reconnaissance pour mon travail fait ni de formation adéquate.Le bureau chef vous considère comme un simple numéro ( management à l’américaine)

Pros

Flexible pour les horaires

Cons

Salaire, avantage et direction

Bien aimé mon expérience

J'ai bien aimé travaillé chez Rona à mascouche une bonne ambiance

Pros

Du bon monde qui travaille la

Cons

Tout est correct

Poor experience

My experience at RONA is not what I had thought. I thought I would be brought into a structured and guided work environment, however this is not what I had experienced. Firstly, training was terrible. We were required to sit in front of a computer for 8+ hours to complete training videos and modules. This may be sufficient training for some people, but for me, I do not learn that way. I felt extremely unprepared for actually working on the floor. I wasn’t also provided much customer service training either. I wasn’t able to give customers correct information and was often confused on what they needed as I didn’t have much product knowledge. I would often ask my manager and other team members for their help, but I was often left alone. This leads me into my second point. I was often left alone on the floor. My department manager would often take my other team members in my department to other sections of the store and have them complete other tasks, leaving me a new team member alone on the floor having to attend to multiple customers with very little assistance. It was a very overwhelming experience for me. Next, the management team was very unprofessional and lazy. Many times when I had to deal with a customer complaint, management would not want to get involved and want me a NEW EMPLOYEE with very little experience to deal with the issue, even though I needed their authority to make decisions. It was not fair to me at all. There was also a manager who was very rude to me since my very first day for no reason at all. Lastly, my hours were unpredictable each week. I was -

Pros

Very little micromanaging, nice team members

Cons

Unpredictable hours, often left alone on the floor, very little training, poor management

My least favorite place to work ever

Love helping people find what they need. Culture in this particular store poor. Really great people treated poorly, but if you are friends with the management, you get treated better. Most customers are nice.

Pros

Interesting new products

Underpaid. Expect alot

The only reason I work hear is because my coworkers are great people. Many have been leaving over the last year, they do not pay a fair wage. Some of the most stressful positions you hardly make more than the new the easiest jobs. They do not value employees enough to offer increasing wage with experience. They will ask the world from you with no reward , but a gold star(they have an actual chart with everyone's name).. many of the best employees have no star. They used to have a killer employee benefit, which made the under pay worth it. But now it's only 10 percent off. Scheduling is never done far in advanced.... Hard to plan your life

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Low pay

Okay people, terrible management

Don't expect any job security or raises at all. Corporate management is as tight as a half inch hole about labor and their greed shows. Management are nothing but puppets to the corporate gurus. Whatever they say, management does. Dont expect anything more than that.

Pros

The people

Cons

The management, corporate greed

Toxic

Horrible management! Talk behind everyone’s back but nice to face. Favoritism to the skinny pretty girls Training is lacking. Short staffed. Head cashier rude

Pros

Decent hours

Cons

Poor management

Disappointed

I lasted a month. New employee's are given tools to preform the job, and other employee's "will" steel them from you, forcing you to buy your own. They promote teamwork, but I got Way, way less. I thought I could have a career with a good company.

Pros

The work is actually a reasonable load if you've been working with lumber.

Cons

No supervision in the yard!

Worst place ever to work

The managers over there were not supportive at all. Even the co workers were rude. No body wanna tell anything and don’t want to help if you afe in trouble.

Jobs at RONA

See more jobs

Cela depend du magasin

C est un endroit syndiquer pour la pluspart des magasin certain patron son des perles rares d autres sont intense sa depend du gerant qu on pogne sincerement...si on pogne une perle rare c est l endroit parfait ou travailler ,bonne possibillité d avancement...très belle équipe de travail

Pros

Les pauses sont longues parfois trop...

Good for a first job but don't stay

It was one of my first jobs and went ok but they were not flexible with my highschool schedule and requesting time off was a pain. I knew someone who threatened to quit just to get vacation time. I worked as a cashier and then moved to the returns desk. I got paid 15 cents over minimum and in turn had the responsibility of closing all of the tills and doing paperwork at night. Work there until you find somewhere better, it wasn't terrible but wasn't amazing.

Pros

Holiday dinner (had to pay to go)

Cons

Bad management, short notice scheduling, hard to get time off

Meh job, not for long term

During my time at Rona (2years), I was part time and they refused to make me full time so they didn't have to give me benefits, they also wouldn't allow me to move to another department because I was "too valuable " in paint, because I actually took the time to train and learn my products, yet they wouldn't make me full time or give me a decent raise, even after they got me to start doing merchandising aswell in year 2, I got a raise of 30 cents over 2 years.The assistant manager also accused me of lying once so I quit shortly after cause that was the last straw.This job is fine if you're in high school or part time, but not for long term

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Poor pay, poor managment

Fun workplace

Everyone is really nice and kind including managers. Non toxic environment, able to learn more in online classes for advancement. Overall I would say good place to work.

Pros

Free lunchs, freindly environment

Cons

Sore feet

Overall good atmosphere

I really enjoy working for Rona in the yard. I’m given a fair share of responsibilities and my mangers trust me to accomplish them all. I enjoy dealing with customers on a daily basis as well.

Mediocre place to work at

A typical day at work would be coming in to check inventory of your department's items, for any out of stock items, new prices, and correct arrangement of product displays if necessary. Greet customers and answer their questions about your department's products (although customers may also approach you to ask about products from other departments). Be proactive and always find something to do, such as cleaning the floor or the desk of your department.

Moral at an all time low

Throughout covid the company has been awful to it's employees. They think that by throwing a money incentive once every maybe 3 months it's going to keep you wanting to work there. When your a part-time worker you get treated as that. Even if you put in full-time hours and go into overtime you're just a part-time worker and don't get the same benefits as full timers.

Enjoyable and educational

Working at Rona can be very enjoyable experience, you get out if it what you put into it. Daily learning opportunities from customers,staff and suppliers.

Entreprise basé sur la rotation d'employé

Rona est une bonne entreprise pour des étudiants qui ne compte pas rester longtemps. Les collègues sont les seules raisons de rester dans cette entreprise. La direction paie quasi tout le monde au salaire minimum, n'offre pas de temps plein mais des temps occasionnel à 40h. Les directeurs ne font que penser aux profits et néglige la qualité des travailleurs car ils préfèrent les remplacer plutôt de mieux les payer.Horaire peu stable et est donner quelques jours en avance

Good

It is good place for start and the managers are fair people but the salary and wage is low and pressure of job is kind of high. In overall it is good place to gain some expirence

Okay Place to Be At

answered phones, helped customers find what they need, ran the till. I learned that if your not a man there you get treated bad by the old guys there. You get thrown into situations that you are not comfortable with, the one manager is passive agressive to other employees too

Pros

Great co workers

Cons

Stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RONA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement