RONA Employee Reviews

Physical demanding but fun and easy to grasp
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON15 August 2018
Slow growth for salary/pay but great for part time work for students, must be good at forming relationships with customers. Should have basic knowledge of tools, building material. Easy to grasp though!
Toxic work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC11 August 2018
Poor management, difficult scheduling, too many tasks, pet employees get the best scheduling and perks. Not a safe place to work. Very lean team, added pressure to compensate for the lack of colleagues who have left and will not be replaced.
Pros
Easy access by transit
Cons
Too much pressure, very lean team
Good product knowledge
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC9 August 2018
Very happy with my experience starting with Revy on to RONA. If you are interested in home renovation and want to learn more about the products and services available. Check them out.
was a good place, friendly, fun working
Cahier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2018
Days at work wasn't bad, after all. I learned new things in the Customer Service Desk. The management wasn't bad, the culture is okay, aren't that bad. Nothing was hard to be honest. Everything was pretty much there. It was a fun environment to work at.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
less hours
I am not sure, worked a short time here
Helpdesk Analyst Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2018
If I have nothing to say how can I fill up 150 characters?
Worked here 9-5
I was a desk-side IT support for Rona stores.
Management was good staff but I was a contractor and my contract ended after 6 months.
friedly environment to work
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 August 2018
The employees are friendly and are very cooperative. Every month an employee of the month is selected who is rewarded with a Tim card and appreciation from everyone in the store.
Great for Students- would not recomend otherwise
Front-End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 August 2018
Great summer or part time job. Easy work. Good hours. Nothing too complicated. Can get extremely boring (store was often dead) and days are very similar to each other.
Alright to get started
Commercial Sales Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 July 2018
Sales and customer service.
Management will half listen to your opinion,
Great place to get started to get experience.
You will enjoy your coworkers a lot as they are all friendly
As a former Supervisor...
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC26 July 2018
Working here is relatively great. It is not a hard job at all, but does require that you pay attention to small details when dealing with certain situations. Working with younger individuals always makes the job a little more interesting, as everyone is able to learn from each other. When it comes to departmental management, some of them can be quite awful, and it is a shame that many of the excellent workers leave due to this reason.
Pros
Great Environment to learn new skills
Cons
Bad MAnagement
Met some nice co workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 July 2018
Worked on cash saw a lot of people i knew my regulars
had to be a multitasker take the phone, watch the doors, great customers,ring the customers in there register.
Pros
2 half hour breaks and 1 half hour break
Cons
no benefits after working 40 ours
Support à l'approvisionnement
Analyste à l'approvisionnement (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC19 July 2018
Succession de tâches répétitives. Il ne s'agit pas d'un emploi très stimulant.
Great place with great people to be surrounded. by
Flooring Department (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON16 July 2018
I started as a stocker, which is someone who takes product from the shipping and receiving and puts it on the shelf to fill holes on the shelves, I then began to learn paint and then was eventually given my own isle which was the flooring department which was a lot to take care of but I kept it neat an tidy
Pros
discounted items
Cons
The most enjoyable part of the Job
Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2018
I like every day interaction with new people with different cultures. I always get chance to learn new things about them keeps me diverse, and helps me to understand people much better.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Schedule
Going down hill!!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 July 2018
I have to be completely honest. This place was fine to work; up until 2018. Recently management has no clue whats going on, or how to run a business. The communication between workers and management is terrible, hours have been cut so much that your better off working somewhere else, a managers word/promise means nothing. All the workers (including the ones that have been here for many years) are leaving.

If you are getting a TEMPORARY(CONTRACT) job here, you'll only work 2 days a week with 5 hour shifts (10 to 15 hours a week max).

TRUST ME YOU ARE BETTER OFF WORKING SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!! (I have been here for a couple of years, take my word, you will understand 1 month working with the company, you'll start looking for another job so best is to avoid Rona - Specifically the Brampton location )
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Management, hours, work load(expecting a lot, due to short staff), pay(here for 5 years or 1 month pay difference is 50 cents)
Safety
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON6 July 2018
I am someone who believes that no matter the circumstance you should not position yourself into the risk of getting injured or others. During my time i was postponed into situations of un safe work that led to injury
Pros
great people, satisfied customers
Cons
bad management/ un safe work
Département juridique
Adjointe juridique avec plusieurs professionnelles (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QC29 June 2018
Le seul département de l'entreprise ou le développement personnel et psychologique n'est pas pris en compte!
Yardworker
Warehouse Worker / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elmsdale, NS25 June 2018
Very unprofessional workers, they all ate friends outside work. Great? Not they are clicky. If you are not into there lifestyle you better watch over your shoulder because you are the outsider. Need a man as a supervisor.
Pros
15% off some things
Cons
What over your shoulder in yard.
Productive and unified workplace
Kitchen and Bath Designer (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 June 2018
A typical day at work consists of helping out customers, stocking items, generating orders and working with a team to accomplish goals and tasks in energetically.
Safe environment, easy job to learn
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB18 June 2018
Rona is more relaxed job which would be ideal for a first job but does not offer much advancement. Co workers prove to be difficult at times, however management cares for employees and I feel safe in the workplace
Pros
Free lunches and group activities
Cons
Difficult schedule
Great workers, terrible management
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 June 2018
Is a nice place to work if you keep your head down. Most managers dont do anything about personal problems, either with the job or co workers.

Opinions and suggestions are not heeded. Very hard to advance within the company
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Not allowed opinions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RONA. Our community is ready to answer.