RONA Employee Reviews

Mgmt not teams players
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2019
My experience has been, un supportative mgmy to make changes for the better of working conditions, and store.Not enough staff to properly serve customers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
work every weekend
Average work place
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 February 2019
It was a job.In my position the main perk for me was it was full time and went Monday to Friday 7:30 to 4:00 with Benefits. Personal experience may vary depending on what position you held.
Pros
Mon-Fri and Benifits
Cons
Very poor comunication between staff and Management.
Manager was rude and unhelpful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 February 2019
When I was hired i was told explicitly that i was a permanent but was quickly let go with the rest of the "Temporaries." Team leader frequently didn't show up and was left alone to manage my section from day 1 with almost no training, schedules were constantly changed and usually without notice and posted late.
Not the worst place in the world
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC1 February 2019
The work load is really quite manageable, just be sure that you are being paid fairly, as the management has a tendency to get overwhelmed and forgetful.
Pros
Lunches, holiday parties, team events
Cons
management is often disorganized
Bonne entreprise malgré la mauvaise direcion de departement
Caissière (Current Employee) –  St.-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC31 January 2019
Aucun respect de l'ancienneté

Basé sur des évaluations faussé par rancune face a une situation qui c'est passée il y a quelques années.

Dommage que les gerants n'aident pas les caissiers lors de situaions dangeureuses avec des clients aggressifs ou méchants, ils sont toujours tout le temps occupés.

J'espère qu'avec low's il va y avoir des changementa
Pros
Bonne relation avec les collègues de travail
Cons
Mauvaise gestion du département des caisses
supportive
RONA, cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB30 January 2019
enjoy working at rona! The workers and managers are very great to work with. The training was wonderful, and the staff is so supportive! would totally recommend!
Pros
friendly co-workers
Fun place to work for.
Paint Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 January 2019
I would definitely work there again. I learned lots and enjoyed doing it! The workers and managers were wonderful to work with. The training was wonderful and the atmosphere was exceptional.
Very supportive of staff
Sales Associate (P.T.) (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON27 January 2019
I found working at Rona to be the most rewarding experience. Rona was very professional and supportive of staff. Thorough training and proficient colleagues.
Pros
Good work environment
Good company, fair treatment.
Area Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 January 2019
A great company to work for. Everyone is treated fairly, and we are given opportunities to grow and succeed. The people that I work for make us feel like part of a big family, and we are all working towards a common goal.
good team spirit
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2019
Working at Rona has giving me the opportunity to learn and develop new skills. I have worked under a great manager and team leads. If a person is willing to learn and access a skill set the opportunity is there.
Excellent work environment especially part time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 January 2019
I've worked at rona more than a year as a cashier. A fast-paced environment, friendly atmosphere, no room for growth, nice management specially front-end manager.
if you are retired, or a student or looking for a survival job step here,
Easy going staff
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goulds, NL15 January 2019
We work together well and have great customer service. Supervisors are fun to work with. Enjoy going to work. Close to home. Management team was great. Scheduling was flexible.
Good job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2019
To far back to recall. Great people thier worked with. Worked in hardwre and paint department helped costumers put stock away
Great place to work if you can get in
Productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB14 January 2019
Overall my experience at RONA was great, however I often felt overworked because my head cashier gave me additional hours that didn't work with my availability.
Pros
good relationships
ok
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 January 2019
its just a regular hardware store job it was just ok, it was mostly boring for the main part. you just be stocking shelves and talking to customers about stuff.
Pros
easy
Cons
boring
Horrible place to work. Very demeaning. Insufficient training and support. The only highlight of my experience was the wonderful friends I made of my
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ellerslie, Edmonton8 January 2019
I would NOT recommend working for Rona. Although on a personnal level most of the staff was friendly, management and supervisors only look out for themselves. Proper training was not provided at anytime, and the person in charge of training was always different, and had their own personal techniques rather than a consistant universal approach. Very very frustrating and felt like I was working in a soap opera.
Pros
Cons
All the above
Extremely poor management, frequent policy/rule changes, lumber yard workers underpaid.
Lumber Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Canada8 January 2019
I learned a lot from my time at RONA, more so than any other job I've had. Mostly what I learned is how a business should NOT operate. Any business that has big issues almost always comes from the top down, as the top is supposed to set an example or a precedent of how everyone else should function at a workplace. The difference in morale between the in-store staff and the lumber yard staff is shocking. At the location I worked at, we had no management position in the yard, which resulted in the yard being neglected. Even when management would try to communicate with their yard staff, the usual lack of communication and the simple fact that management was hugely dysfunctional to begin with often made things worse. The yard staff and in-store staff also has a noticeable average pay difference, and not in the yard's favor, which is disconcerting considering the type of work is drastically more difficult, emotionally yes, but mostly physical. I've seen multiple young men end up with terrible physical ailments, and when you feel you're underplayed on top of that, it's hard to be positive about your workplace. If you are looking into working for RONA, consider all I've said. I made a few good friends at RONA, and I built a stronger characters since working there. That's about as much of a positive spin I can put on it.
Pros
Company will pay for your forklift and propane licence
Cons
No paid lunches, only 30 minute lunch during an 8+ hour shift, poor management, very low pay for the work you will be doing
Charisma is key
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB6 January 2019
If you have previous skills and knowledge in construction it's a serious boon, but you'll need to broaden quick. They used to have specialists in each department, but that's not cost effective, so you'll need to cover a lot of floor. If you can learn one skill ahead, it's sales. You need the moxie more than a functional knowledge base coming in.
Challenging in a negative way. Customers were the best part.
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 January 2019
Typical day was challenging. The hardest part of the job was learning how to accomplish ambiguous tasks. Management was not always clear or consistent. Helping customers and determining their needs was always challenging yet rewarding.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Lack of corporate and on-site communication
challenging job where I learned something new everyday
Kitchen/Bath Designer and Sales (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 January 2019
Clients would come in with their kitchen measurements, and I would draw it up on Autocad. Hardest part of the job was working within the clients budget, but it was challenging and we got it done. The most satisfying part of the job was when the project was completed and the customer was happy.
Pros
friendly on floor stafff
Cons
unhealthy work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RONA. Our community is ready to answer.