RONA
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

RONA Employee Reviews

Canada1,209 reviews

Found 1,209 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,224 reviews

Different location might be a better choice

A good company to work for but unfortunately some of the employees and even some who are placed as a manger need to learn to be professional at work and need to learn to properly communication when training cashiers

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Some employees are difficult to work with. Not properly trained. Late breaks or no breaks.

Worst place to work. Bad management bad attitude bad environment would not recommend to anyone.

Started working there in the summer and had to learn things from coworkers as we go along the day rather than the supervisor. Management has no clue what they are doing. They do not teach you anything and expect you to learn things on the go. Even when it is busy.

Pros

doing nothing when no customers

Cons

heavy lifting no help learn on your own

It’s an alright job

Be prepared to be stressed all night because most nights get really busy and on the slow nights when there’s nothing it can get really boring so be ready for that

nice place

nice place nice people so much so fun to work here love it so much .The staff is exeptionally prepared to come to the rescue whenever where ever great management

A place where you will feel like a person not just an employee number ( most of the time)

I loved working at Rona. When I had my medical issue they were very supportive and gave me the time off with no issues to get to the bottom of it. The only time I felt like a number on a file was when I gave my two weeks notice. My manager actually said “ oh well, it is retail, your spot won’t be empty for long”

Fun workplace, Tasks were fair, Workers were generally pleasant to work with and got along with, Management mentioned places of improvement

Tasks were assigned and completed throughout the day. Wasn't asked to do anything over the top. Management mentioned places that I could improve. Management was not stressful to work with but rather flexible

Pros

Management was fun to work with

Cons

Lunch breaks were confusing with limit in the room due to covid

Good first job I guess

Definitely not a long time thing, working as carry out was stressful and tiring and even though you’re doing manual labour all day you are not allowed to sit for even a minute.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Tiring work

Awesome

Great place to work lots of fun it was my first job and loved it. At the time it was slow so you just had to keep your self busy. But when she was busy your day went by quick

Easy going no room for growth

They have too many bosses that all give different information towards your employment. They have hidden rules that you must learn on your own and dont expect to move up in the company. No matter how many responsibilities you take on you will always be paid the same rate no matter if you do deliveries or drive forklift so not much insentive to do better. free coffee sometimes. overall its a good temp place to work but move on once other options become available.

Pros

give uniform

Cons

to many bosses

Cashier

Just a job, applied got it. It was great for in between jobs. That is about it. Learned a lot about hardware and equipment. Some customers were unpleasant.

The work is alright but the pay is lousy.

The workload is manageable but often involves heavy lifting. Coworkers are generally friendly. Store management was good. Lots of ongoing online training regarding safety etc. Got the impression that the higher-ups at the central office in Quebec are just trying to squeeze as much out of the employees as possible. $14/hour is not a living wage… so I left.

Pros

Employee discount on merchandise. Extensive training.

Cons

Poor pay.

A evit

Pour eux sucer debout c’est de sa tenir drette! Compagnie américaine gérée par des marionnettes

Pros

Rien

Cons

Il n’y as qu’une chose qui importe vendre vendre vendre

environnement de travail

tres belle ambiance de travail, des gens formidable.

Pros

activités sociales

Cons

manque de communication

Quelques pours et des contres

Je pense que Rona est encore bien vu sur un cv. Je pense que ça peut être bon comme tremplin pour ceux qui n’ont fait que de petites entreprises. Les conditions de travail sont ok mais sans plus. Le problème avec cette endroit est l’ambiance toxique. Il y a beaucoup de game politique et de compétitions. Les départements, et sous département, travaille en silos. Il y a le stress aussi par rapport aux nombreuses réorganisations. Ça fait maintenant 5 ans que je ne suis plus là, alors ça a peut-être changé mais quand j’y étais, il n’y avait pas d’efforts mis en place pour briser les silos et faire en sorte que les gens communiquent entre eux.

Pros

Sur la Rive-Sud, expérience de grande entreprise

Cons

Ambiance

Fun

Good to begin with as a student job but if you want a long term job its better to be in the management .its more convenient .fun pace environment and friendly

alright workplace

management wasn't the best there, i constantly was undermined by multiple managers, they didn't give me hours. also got told my depression was fake and that it didn't exist.

It was bad

Pay was a little over minimum wage. Treated as replaceable. The management at best had a laissez faire attitude about everything. Didn't handle problems unless it was directing effecting them. Sometimes even when it did, The rest of the staff was friendly.

Pros

free food

Cons

inconsiderate management

I did not enjoy working here. Was constantly doing everyone else’s work for them. Unsafe work practices. Managers are always on your a** about something. Would not recommend working here unless it’s only part time.

Peu de reconnaissance

Ayant eu un changement de direction , je dirais que mon expérience au sein de Rona ne sera pas objective pour tous les centres.Pour ma part je n’ai pas eu de reconnaissance pour mon travail fait ni de formation adéquate.Le bureau chef vous considère comme un simple numéro ( management à l’américaine)

Pros

Flexible pour les horaires

Cons

Salaire, avantage et direction

Bien aimé mon expérience

J'ai bien aimé travaillé chez Rona à mascouche une bonne ambiance

Pros

Du bon monde qui travaille la

Cons

Tout est correct

Poor experience

My experience at RONA is not what I had thought. I thought I would be brought into a structured and guided work environment, however this is not what I had experienced. Firstly, training was terrible. We were required to sit in front of a computer for 8+ hours to complete training videos and modules. This may be sufficient training for some people, but for me, I do not learn that way. I felt extremely unprepared for actually working on the floor. I wasn’t also provided much customer service training either. I wasn’t able to give customers correct information and was often confused on what they needed as I didn’t have much product knowledge. I would often ask my manager and other team members for their help, but I was often left alone. This leads me into my second point. I was often left alone on the floor. My department manager would often take my other team members in my department to other sections of the store and have them complete other tasks, leaving me a new team member alone on the floor having to attend to multiple customers with very little assistance. It was a very overwhelming experience for me. Next, the management team was very unprofessional and lazy. Many times when I had to deal with a customer complaint, management would not want to get involved and want me a NEW EMPLOYEE with very little experience to deal with the issue, even though I needed their authority to make decisions. It was not fair to me at all. There was also a manager who was very rude to me since my very first day for no reason at all. Lastly, my hours were unpredictable each week. I was -

Pros

Very little micromanaging, nice team members

Cons

Unpredictable hours, often left alone on the floor, very little training, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RONA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement