RONA Employee Reviews

Good starter job
Contractor Desk Sales (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS9 December 2018
Good starting job for anyone looking to get work experience. Lots of different areas to work in and nice friendly staff. I would definitely recommend.
A word to employees and staff. Cambridge Rona
Customer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 December 2018
I'm a contractor. Yes. one of the people who pay the bills. If you are not part of the problem, at least be part of the solution. If you know what makes a good company, then be that person to make it a good company. I have walked through the store and almost every time I see people not working but standing around talking. You would never last in the real construction world. When was the last time you got a compliment from the contractors or a customer? If you not been getting them well you should. Respect who you work for if not get out. I have been a loyal client of Rona for probably longer than you have worked there. There are good people and bad. Just be one of the good ones and count your lucky stars, you have a job.
(Marcel. MTG :) (a customer who cares about your work)
For the most part enjoyable
Lead Seasonal Department Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 December 2018
Can be trying as Rona is still adapting to LOWES policies and regulations. Hours get cut around christmas which is weird. But our discount is for the most part ok.
Apprendre bcp de nouvelles choses interessantes
Conseiller service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 December 2018
J'ai adore cette expérience du monde de la rénovation et le service a la clientèle
Good place to work enjoyed my job
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 November 2018
I enjoyed working at Rona.

Company is closing in NFLD and I Need work.

Really enjoyed managing the Oleary warehouse/ yard operation and maintaining the fleet for the island.
Staff
Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK25 November 2018
I have been blessed with a fantastic group of people to work with . To me , we are one big family . I enjoy working with them everyday , listening about problems , their families , and helping them bring smiles to customers faces .
There are difficult situations that have to be dealt with as we work for a business and this is the priority . Decisions need to be made , which means what is best for the company.
Dont work here.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 November 2018
-Management sucks!

-Never enough people on the floor.

-Management abuse workers(verbally), in front of customers too.

-people have quit in tears.

-Always short handed.

-new hires are not the best.

-New drama everyday.

-disorganized company.

-not enough hours.

-Management doesn't care about employee issues or concerns.

-Management only cares about making their bosses happy not there employees.

-Company is cheap overall.

-Management is disrespectful.

-Abusing of management power.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The good workers/managers move on to better places. This is the a company were no one should work. People here are in a term "political", and care about themself, this is not a team, more like a dictatorship. The store manager, only cares about results, and when those results cannot be met, well you should look out for your job, he runs a business based on fear. I have seen people model there business, based on his leadership abilities/techniques.
And we'll let's say it's the worst one out there.

If a problem were to come up well, first thing you would do is go to your manager, we'll these guys say we will fix it and nothing ever happens. The only time they fix a situation is when it becomes a big problem.

I have seen good/hard workering employees, leave due to the pressure always being on them for the results. These are the people who make a company great. All that is happing now is the company is going downhill. With that being said, there have been employees cheated
  more... out of a good/better position, due to management, either for there gain or favortisim.

Trust dosen't exist in this store.

And for anyone who is up in the ladder for rona, let me ask you this why do you think everyone is leaving. The new and old workers?

This is a place known for its disrespect. So apply some were else. Don't just look for an opening, really thing about what you are Appling into.

To fix this place is to replace the store manager. Fix all of management. But at the end of the day no one will care, cause all this place cares about is results and money. The day will come when there will be no one qualified to help this store. And the store will fall in sales. And when that day comes, they will all put there hands up and say we don't know what's going on.
Pros
Meet new people.
Cons
MANAGEMENT × infinite
Crazy place to work
Commercial Sales (Current Employee) –  Basline Sherwood Park22 November 2018
Badly managed and loosing money. Bad communication and no proper direction. I was promised afull time permanent position if I passed my probation. that did not happen
Pros
Non
Cons
Empty promises
Dont work here.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 November 2018
Don't work here.
Management sucks.
People get mistreated and thrown away like garbage.
The only thing management cares about is themself, they are all selfish.
Pros
Good part time schedule for work.
Cons
Management and everytime else.
Great place for high school students seeking employment
Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 November 2018
The workplace culture is very family oriented as we all care for one another and help other departments any way we can. I learned more about myself as an individual and how to work well with others, as well as lead. The hardest part of the job is trying to ensure you please every customer.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
no job advancement
environnement de travail modéré
Commis à la quincaillerie (Former Employee) –  Carignan, QC15 November 2018
Les tâches peuvent être faciles comme difficiles, souvent dans des circonstances de pression au travail.
good for temporary work in the summer or over the holidays
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB15 November 2018
Not good for much else. I worked for a few months now not worth the stress and headache being placed all over the store when you should be focusing on installations. Messy coordination on schedules just a bad experience
productive, friendly and fun work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 November 2018
you go to work, you talk to your team members, it is friendly vibe, you have fun while working, you meet new people everyday, you have fun events, and parties.
Great Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 November 2018
A reasonable amount of work that is required. A lot of recent changes in the company has made it difficult to maintain morale within the store locations, as there has been store closings.
Il y a un petit manque de communication
prepose à la cours à bois (Current Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QC11 November 2018
Les patrons ne se parlent pas beaucoup. Je donnais mes disponibilités et ils n’en tenaient pas compte
Very productive and organized.
Assist Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON8 November 2018
Working for Rona Home & Garden located in Welland was a very good experience. I worked there since i was in high school and the staff, management and the overall atmosphere of the company were very good. I had worked multiple different positions and each one I was trained very well and made it a great experience to be at Welland Rona.
Pros
Great helping staff, Always busy, Fair hours
Cons
Can be a very rushed environment in the right situation.
One of the best experiences of my life; not given a chance to be trained enough in my work; coworkers, supervisors and managers don't bother to care
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario5 November 2018
Working at RONA was one of the worst experiences of my life, I wish I had never ever applied there. At first, people (coworkers and managers) seemed nice, friendly, supportive and willing to train me. Boy, was I ever wrong. They didn't train me enough or properly for my particular work to help customers, which resulted in customers blaming me constantly for not helping them on purpose. My supervisors and managers made me feel like I was not good enough for anything, they never gave me good feedback, they never encouraged me or gave me a chance to evolve. There was a lot of favoritism and managers never bothered to care or listen to me. They just couldn't care less about my career advancements. Other workers were given the chance to be trained further, whereas I was left behind. I am still dealing with the horrible ordeal. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at RONA.
Pros
Cons
Favoritism, not given a chance to be trained properly in my work
fun place to work
Warehouse Shipper and Receiver (Current Employee) –  Paradise, NL5 November 2018
well taken cared of. flexbible scheduling, Great pay and benefits, Management was always willing to help out when they could however corporate made it very difficult to succeed.
great place to work
Active member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 November 2018
fast paced days, several tasks to accomplish. customer service is main priority and can sometimes be exhausting but fellow employees always willing to help out when they can.
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON3 November 2018
Learned a ton working at Rona.
I was stretched to my limit some days, doing more then my own job
Went threw management like crazy. 3 in the 4 and a bit years I was there.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RONA. Our community is ready to answer.