Rome Logistics Group Employee Reviews in Kitchener, ON

Work Family
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 June 2019
I've loved working at Rome for the last two summers! Working in smaller offices ensures that you know everyone you work with and creates a family atmosphere. You have the ability to make your job your own and your voice is always heard.
Pros
Relaxed culture
Cons
Always at the computer
Awesome opportunity for a career in Sales
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 March 2019
I had multiple years of experience in sales before starting at Rome. However, none of that experience was in the field of Supply Chain/Logistics - which is what made me want to dive into this sector! You literally get to build yourself a mini business within this organization.
Pros
uncapped commission, autonomy, b2b sales, management is flexible with hours when needed
Cons
long hours on the phones, difficult to start from scratch
Work Hard, Play Hard
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 February 2019
This organization is the definition of work hard, play hard. When things are busy at Rome, everyone understands that you need to put your head down and get the job done. However, when things are slower, we are able to be social and bond together.
Pros
fun culture, transparent team leads, compensation
Cons
i wish there was an opportunity for more lower and mid level employees to become a team lead
Not terrible, but definitely not amazing either
Accounts Payable/Receivable (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 February 2019
I'm not usually a person who does reviews but there are some things that need to be said about Rome.

First and foremost, for a rather small company, upper level management should be a lot more involved than they are. Checking-in over the phone or email is great but a face-to-face conversation would be nice every once and a while.

Secondly, opportunities for advancement are always talked about but I have yet to see any action taken. I understand that business is business and sometimes, there just isn't anywhere to move within the company but I'd rather management just be upfront about that, as opposed to lying.

Finally, I do want to applaud the company on its ability to foster a strong work/life balance and family-oriented teams. Although things may not always be great in all aspects of my job, I am always excited to come in everyday and work with my team.
Pros
work/life balance, family-oriented teams
Cons
management, advancement opportunities, incentives structure
Generally positive things to say about Rome
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 February 2019
I currently work at Rome Transportation as an Account Manager and have been fairly happy with my time here so far.

Much like what I have read in the other reviews that have been posted here, I would definitely agree that my team operates like a small family and the emphasis on work/life balance is evident.

However, although I have only been here for a short period of time, I am a little concerned about the opportunities for advancement within my office. Although I have personally seen fellow co-workers advance into other roles, I am not sure what is ahead for me.

Overall, I am happy to call myself a Roman and excited for what the future holds.
Pros
work/life balance, compensation, team leads, autonomy
Cons
time spent on the phone, opportunities for advancement
One of the best places I've worked!
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 February 2019
Rome was an amazing place to work and I would definitely recommend them.

When I first started with the company, I immediately felt like I was apart of a little family and this allowed for me to become efficient at my job very quickly. Throughout my tenure, I developed my skills within the logistics industry and was always provided opportunities for continued growth.

If it wasn't for my relocation, I would not have left the company.
Pros
culture, work/life balance, compensation, professional development
Cons
slight disconnect between the different offices
Rome is a great company to work for!
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 November 2018
Although I have only been working at Rome for a relatively short period of time, I have nothing but good things to say. This company was exactly what I was looking for!
Pros
company culture, work environment, salary, opportunities for growth
Not what you expect
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 June 2018
Unfair targets
Non asset based company so you’re literally selling on pure gross profit by jacking up prices it makes 0 sense.
Work at ur own risk, good luck
Pros
High speed internet
Cons
Too many to list
Dream Job
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 March 2018
I couldn't really ask for a better job. The pay is great. The hours are normal! flexible and comfortable work environment. Company is managed extremely well. All employees are family here.

Thank you ROME for making me a happy employee.
Pros
pay
Fun working atmosphere
Creative Marketing Design Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 May 2016
Everyone is very welcoming at Rome and they have a great sense of community. Offered me the opportunity to switch job positions in the first week of working there.
Solid Place to Work
Freight Broker/Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Kitchener29 January 2015
Rome provides a solid work environment with lot's of opportunity to grow. Days go by quickly and hard work leads to success in sales which is rewarded in a fair bonus pay structure. The job is stable and satisfying. Co workers are great and always there to help. It's a fast paced job, so days do not drag. It's funnest when you work hard and make money. Stable place to work, sound work environment, and lot's of opportunity.
Pros
Stable. Opportunity for growth.
Cons
Sales can be somewhat unpredictable.
Great Team = Productive Environment
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 January 2015
I am relatively new to the company, however, I am extremely happy with the position I hold. I enjoy coming to work. Rome employs a great group of people. I have found the training process exceptionally well. Management maintains an open door policy and has regular employee performance evaluations, which is key in maintaining a relationship with upper management.
Pros
Benefits after 3 months