Rome Logistics Group

Rome Logistics Group Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
I truly enjoy working here; my co-workers are awesome to be around and I don't dread going back to work on Sunday night!

Things definitely get busy around here but we have found the perfect balance of working hard and having time to be social.
Pros
great culture, company-wide events
Cons
company is mostly made up of millennial's
If there was an option for 6 stars, that's what I would have given. I have always been very satisfied with my job and Rome as a whole, but seeing how they have responded to the COVID-19 pandemic over the past few months has really showed me how much this organization cares about its employees. Being apart of Rome truly is like being apart of another family and who doesn't want that?
Pros
Telecommuting, Work-life balance, Culture, Autonomy, Compensation
Cons
N/a
As an account executive the job was quite heavy for the small bi weekly cheques we got. we had to become 24hr employees, tracking shipments from home, managing accounts all day and always being available to our clients. I was not at all prepped or trained, I shadowed a new employee for a few days and she was not in the same job position as me. I was set up to fail from the start.

set me up for success,I had mentioned being a fast learner and wanting
I'll never forget my interview and being told that, as an Account Executive with Rome, "What you put into this is what you get out of it". Upon hearing this, I was honestly a little skeptical, as I felt like this may have been their way of telling me that I was going to be on my own after first day. However, HR was genuinely just being transparent, as this truly is a self-made Sales opportunity. Do the first 6 months suck? Yeah. Will other organizations start you with a higher base pay? Yeah. Is the transportation industry crazy? Yeah. Do you have to build something from nothing? Yeah. But what really matters is that you are rewarded for the effort you put in. There is uncapped commission and my earning potentials here are higher than anywhere else and for that reason, I'll never leave.

The bottom line is: if you're dedicated and have a strong work ethic, Rome is right for you. However, if you're lazy, you should probably look elsewhere.
Rome owns 0 trucks. You are cold calling from Google and you are also trying to find truckers to pick up freight that you dint even own? You up charge for absulotely no reason. You do nothing to help out your customers. You are basically scamming people because they assume you own the trucks, but no.

This company is so sad, they fake review comments it’s so obvious.

Pathetic management, disgusting offices.

Good luck:)!
They bring in people, train you, get you to lead generate and then push you out. Once pushed out, your leads are absorbed by high earners on your team. Unprofessional, racist against truck drivers and poor training and support, unless you're qualified.
Pros
None really...some managers are great, well 1, maybe 2, hr is awesome.
Cons
Pretty well eveyrhting.
Productive workplace. Fun people.
Loaded work day.

Team leads are very supportive and insightful.

Motivating environment.

Each day is different and filled with challenges.
Honestly, this was the hardest sales job I've ever had. You are building your own book of business from the ground up, which is no easy task. In addition, your Team Lead doesn't have a lot of time to mentor you because they have to manage their own book of business.

Although I ultimately wasn't successful, I went in knowing it was going to be relatively high-risk, high-reward. I have nothing bad to say about the company as a whole, it's just tough to make it to the top.
I genuinely enjoying coming into work everyday; not only because I love my job, but because of my team and overall company culture.

Working in Sales here at Rome and in Logistics/Transportation in general is no easy task and requires ALOT of persistence and self-motivation. However, if you "trust the process", as the Recruiter here once told me, it is absolutely worth it.
Pros
relatively laid back, financial advancement, co-workers are like family
Cons
building your own book of business from scratch is hard work
Rome is an excellent employer.
Many of the employees are easy to talk to, knowledgeable in the field, and very willing to share expertise with new employees.

Training is well polished for any role, and can help put you on a path to your success. Dealing with transportation can be stressful, but having the support of your team will make things much easier.
I've loved working at Rome for the last two summers! Working in smaller offices ensures that you know everyone you work with and creates a family atmosphere. You have the ability to make your job your own and your voice is always heard.
Pros
Relaxed culture
Cons
Always at the computer
If you're looking for a job as a placeholder or to simply "test the waters", this isn't the one for you. During my interview process, it was made clear to me that the office was looking for someone who was willing to commit and trust the process that is here at Rome. I've been here for just over a year and could not be happier for the opportunity I've been given.
Pros
job autonomy, fun workplace, involved team leads
Cons
compensation is heavily commission/incentive based (could also be a pro)
Cold calling is imperative. Must have thick skin and willing to handle rejection. If you can get past the first few tough months it will be financially benificial!
I had multiple years of experience in sales before starting at Rome. However, none of that experience was in the field of Supply Chain/Logistics - which is what made me want to dive into this sector! You literally get to build yourself a mini business within this organization.
Pros
uncapped commission, autonomy, b2b sales, management is flexible with hours when needed
Cons
long hours on the phones, difficult to start from scratch
This organization is the definition of work hard, play hard. When things are busy at Rome, everyone understands that you need to put your head down and get the job done. However, when things are slower, we are able to be social and bond together.
Pros
fun culture, transparent team leads, compensation
Cons
i wish there was an opportunity for more lower and mid level employees to become a team lead
I'm not usually a person who does reviews but there are some things that need to be said about Rome.

First and foremost, for a rather small company, upper level management should be a lot more involved than they are. Checking-in over the phone or email is great but a face-to-face conversation would be nice every once and a while.

Secondly, opportunities for advancement are always talked about but I have yet to see any action taken. I understand that business is business and sometimes, there just isn't anywhere to move within the company but I'd rather management just be upfront about that, as opposed to lying.

Finally, I do want to applaud the company on its ability to foster a strong work/life balance and family-oriented teams. Although things may not always be great in all aspects of my job, I am always excited to come in everyday and work with my team.
Pros
work/life balance, family-oriented teams
Cons
management, advancement opportunities, incentives structure
I have nothing but positive things to say about this company; I genuinely enjoy coming to work everyday.

It has been almost 4 years that I have been with Rome Transportation and I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.
Pros
job autonomy, work/life balance
Cons
none as of yet
i started working here at the beginning of 2018 and have definitely been happy with my choice to start my career here. my team has the perfect balance between socializing/bonding and being productive. also, i've found upper management and the human resources department to be very hands on and always make themselves available. i hope the future is as positive as the past year has been!
Pros
work/life balance, compensation package, team oriented
Cons
I would say that the size of Rome in terms of employees and management is the perfect size. That is to say, it is large enough that you get valuable exposure to main different parts of the Supply Chain & Logistics industry and their are opportunities for growth and job autonomy. In addition, it is small enough that management can easily be heavily involved in each of the offices.
Pros
incentives, team building events, flexibility, fun
Cons
lack of marketing
I currently work at Rome Transportation as an Account Manager and have been fairly happy with my time here so far.

Much like what I have read in the other reviews that have been posted here, I would definitely agree that my team operates like a small family and the emphasis on work/life balance is evident.

However, although I have only been here for a short period of time, I am a little concerned about the opportunities for advancement within my office. Although I have personally seen fellow co-workers advance into other roles, I am not sure what is ahead for me.

Overall, I am happy to call myself a Roman and excited for what the future holds.
Pros
work/life balance, compensation, team leads, autonomy
Cons
time spent on the phone, opportunities for advancement
Rome was an amazing place to work and I would definitely recommend them.

When I first started with the company, I immediately felt like I was apart of a little family and this allowed for me to become efficient at my job very quickly. Throughout my tenure, I developed my skills within the logistics industry and was always provided opportunities for continued growth.

If it wasn't for my relocation, I would not have left the company.
Pros
culture, work/life balance, compensation, professional development
Cons
slight disconnect between the different offices