Rome Logistics Group Employee Reviews

Work Family
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 June 2019
I've loved working at Rome for the last two summers! Working in smaller offices ensures that you know everyone you work with and creates a family atmosphere. You have the ability to make your job your own and your voice is always heard.
Pros
Relaxed culture
Cons
Always at the computer
An amazing opporuntity for someone who is willing to commit
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2019
If you're looking for a job as a placeholder or to simply "test the waters", this isn't the one for you. During my interview process, it was made clear to me that the office was looking for someone who was willing to commit and trust the process that is here at Rome. I've been here for just over a year and could not be happier for the opportunity I've been given.
Pros
job autonomy, fun workplace, involved team leads
Cons
compensation is heavily commission/incentive based (could also be a pro)
Grind
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Canada16 April 2019
Cold calling is imperative. Must have thick skin and willing to handle rejection. If you can get past the first few tough months it will be financially benificial!
Awesome opportunity for a career in Sales
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 March 2019
I had multiple years of experience in sales before starting at Rome. However, none of that experience was in the field of Supply Chain/Logistics - which is what made me want to dive into this sector! You literally get to build yourself a mini business within this organization.
Pros
uncapped commission, autonomy, b2b sales, management is flexible with hours when needed
Cons
long hours on the phones, difficult to start from scratch
Work Hard, Play Hard
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 February 2019
This organization is the definition of work hard, play hard. When things are busy at Rome, everyone understands that you need to put your head down and get the job done. However, when things are slower, we are able to be social and bond together.
Pros
fun culture, transparent team leads, compensation
Cons
i wish there was an opportunity for more lower and mid level employees to become a team lead
Not terrible, but definitely not amazing either
Accounts Payable/Receivable (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 February 2019
I'm not usually a person who does reviews but there are some things that need to be said about Rome.

First and foremost, for a rather small company, upper level management should be a lot more involved than they are. Checking-in over the phone or email is great but a face-to-face conversation would be nice every once and a while.

Secondly, opportunities for advancement are always talked about but I have yet to see any action taken. I understand that business is business and sometimes, there just isn't anywhere to move within the company but I'd rather management just be upfront about that, as opposed to lying.

Finally, I do want to applaud the company on its ability to foster a strong work/life balance and family-oriented teams. Although things may not always be great in all aspects of my job, I am always excited to come in everyday and work with my team.
Pros
work/life balance, family-oriented teams
Cons
management, advancement opportunities, incentives structure
Happy to call myself a Roman
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON16 February 2019
I have nothing but positive things to say about this company; I genuinely enjoy coming to work everyday.

It has been almost 4 years that I have been with Rome Transportation and I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.
Pros
job autonomy, work/life balance
Cons
none as of yet
happy to be apart of this company
account executive (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 February 2019
i started working here at the beginning of 2018 and have definitely been happy with my choice to start my career here. my team has the perfect balance between socializing/bonding and being productive. also, i've found upper management and the human resources department to be very hands on and always make themselves available. i hope the future is as positive as the past year has been!
Pros
work/life balance, compensation package, team oriented
Organized and structured
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 February 2019
I would say that the size of Rome in terms of employees and management is the perfect size. That is to say, it is large enough that you get valuable exposure to main different parts of the Supply Chain & Logistics industry and their are opportunities for growth and job autonomy. In addition, it is small enough that management can easily be heavily involved in each of the offices.
Pros
incentives, team building events, flexibility, fun
Cons
lack of marketing
Generally positive things to say about Rome
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 February 2019
I currently work at Rome Transportation as an Account Manager and have been fairly happy with my time here so far.

Much like what I have read in the other reviews that have been posted here, I would definitely agree that my team operates like a small family and the emphasis on work/life balance is evident.

However, although I have only been here for a short period of time, I am a little concerned about the opportunities for advancement within my office. Although I have personally seen fellow co-workers advance into other roles, I am not sure what is ahead for me.

Overall, I am happy to call myself a Roman and excited for what the future holds.
Pros
work/life balance, compensation, team leads, autonomy
Cons
time spent on the phone, opportunities for advancement
One of the best places I've worked!
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 February 2019
Rome was an amazing place to work and I would definitely recommend them.

When I first started with the company, I immediately felt like I was apart of a little family and this allowed for me to become efficient at my job very quickly. Throughout my tenure, I developed my skills within the logistics industry and was always provided opportunities for continued growth.

If it wasn't for my relocation, I would not have left the company.
Pros
culture, work/life balance, compensation, professional development
Cons
slight disconnect between the different offices
Great place to get started
Junior QA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2019
Had a great time working here as it really developed a lot of my personal and professional skills. Management and culture were terrific and they always made you feel comfortable.
Pros
Environment
Thoroughly enjoyed my tenure with Rome
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2018
I spent 3 years at Rome as a Sales Executive and not only did I make a lot of money, I developed invaluable sales skills/experience. Also, I loved my co-workers and the work-life balance!
Pros
work-life balance, commission, work environment, management, stability
Cons
the only thing I would consider a con is the amount of time you have to spend on the phones
Rome is a great company to work for!
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 November 2018
Although I have only been working at Rome for a relatively short period of time, I have nothing but good things to say. This company was exactly what I was looking for!
Pros
company culture, work environment, salary, opportunities for growth
Not what you expect
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 June 2018
Unfair targets
Non asset based company so you’re literally selling on pure gross profit by jacking up prices it makes 0 sense.
Work at ur own risk, good luck
Pros
High speed internet
Cons
Too many to list
Love Working Here!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2018
Started a few months ago and I'm loving every moment! Everyone is very welcoming and assists you at every point. Intro process was easy, informative and helped to get me on my feet so that I could be successful at this job. Looking forward to my future with Rome!
Love working at rome
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON7 March 2018
Management is amazing, wonderful work environment. Staff is like family!!! Very supportive and unlimited earning potential! They are always supportive and offer on going training and support when needed. Couldn't find a better company to work for! :)
Pros
Salary days go by so fast
Dream Job
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 March 2018
I couldn't really ask for a better job. The pay is great. The hours are normal! flexible and comfortable work environment. Company is managed extremely well. All employees are family here.

Thank you ROME for making me a happy employee.
Pros
pay
Great
Team Leader/ Freight Broker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 January 2018
It is a wonderful company to work for , I was able to balance a healthy work and family life.

I excelled fast and adapted to the growing change within the company
My review Transportation
Logistics Coordinatoré (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 July 2016
Rome is a very great company to work for because:

- Always feel welcome by management and the entire Rome employee
- they pay very well
- I am always kept busy meaning I am making money, salary + commission
- flexible and understanding when it comes to leaving for an appointment
- I love their beliefs on how all Rome employee treats each other like family and they want everyone in the company to grown in Business
Pros
Flexible
Cons
no growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rome Logistics Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2