Rolls-Royce Employee Reviews

Found 55 reviews matching the search See all 1,023 reviews
Served my apprenticeship in EK Scotland # 1 Company
Apprentice Millwright (Former Employee) –  Scotland, UK2 February 2019
Set world standard for engineering and safety without compromising quality Company always placed safety first and would modify equipment regardless of cost for ergonomic reasons
Culture d'entreprise exceptionnelle
PARTENAIRE D'AFFAIRE RESSOURCES HUMAINES (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC27 December 2018
Les journées sont très occupées et passent très vite.
Pros
Culture d'entreprise axée sur l'innovation et l'excellence
Cons
stabilité d'emploi
good place to work
General Machinist (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON6 December 2018
relatively low job security. but still a great job with a great work culture and good management. lots of encouragement for employees to train and grow
Pros
good work culture
Cons
job security
Not a good/healthy place to work at present
Supply Chain Designer (Former Employee) –  Dorval, near Montreal, Quebec5 July 2018
Very Francophone area of Canada, unless you are prepared to learn Quebecoise (NOT French) it is not for you. Company has a very penny pinching approach to employees and is run by ex-Rolls-Royce management - big mistake on Siemens part to leave these people in charge
Pros
Lots of wide open spaces, houses/apartments pretty big
Cons
Language, Quebec cares more about it's language than it's people
Solid, reliable, soul-sucking office job
Mechanical Technologist/Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS6 October 2018
I had a secure, permanent, decent paying job with better benefits than I'd ever had before, but I don't think there's any period of my life where my efforts have contributed less to humanity. On paper, it was my dream job - custom engineering design in a small group to fit a variety of clients' needs. In reality, I worked only on near-identical projects from a single client, and I was too isolated from my supervisors and co-workers to gain anything much from their experience.

In hindsight, I don't think that there was a real job there for an entry-level person to fill. I think I was hired to be a flunky and make the team look bigger. I spent an incredible amount of time with nothing to do, virtually begging my supervisors for menial tasks and mostly being swatted away. Eventually, that's what broke me - I knew that I was nothing but a waste of the company's money, and I was making a tragic waste of my own time to do it. I don't miss it.

Ok, sometimes I miss the money and the security.

But that's it.
Poor management
Corporate Legal & Commercial Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC7 November 2018
Poor management, no culture or ethics. Not recommended. There is no work/life balance and recognization to any efforts. the worst employer i've ever worked for
Evironement flexible et agreable.
Consultant CAD (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 July 2018
Evironement flexible et agreable.
Nouveaux defis et concepton mecanique imaginative.
Conception de nouveaux produits.
Etudes de faisabilite et efficience industrielle.
Jamais je pense que je travail quand j'aime qu'est-ce que je fais.
Good name on your CV
Test Engineering (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 August 2018
Great name to work for. Interesting job, in a very dynamic environment. Management there seemed to push their employees in their career advancement, which is great.
Good place to work. Very secure and probably a job for life if you want it.
Fluid System Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC4 April 2018
Occasionally technically demanding but consistently interesting. The culture is very inclusive with an emphasis on learning, improving and pushing the boundaries of engineering.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good Holidays, Happy and Inclusive Atmosphere, Interesting and Changing work
Cons
Occasional Long Hours, Long Term Career Progression can be hard
Another aerospace multinational
ENGINEERING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 April 2018
The workplace culture is not too bad. Coworkers are mostly friendly. A lot of the work involves analyzing huge quantities of data from existing engines, and that can become a little boring.
Pros
Flex-time
Cons
Limited career advancement
Great group of talented people
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tiverton, ON11 February 2018
Genuinely enjoy working for Rolls-Royce Civil Nuclear. Rolls-Royce has done an excellent job, through strategic acquisitions and growth, of providing full-service solutions to their customers.
Envorinnement formateur
SCP&C (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 April 2018
Entreprise Dynamique avec beaucoup d'opportunités. Très formateur mais aussi très demandant.
Bonne compagnie
Ingenieur Fabrication (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 February 2018
Bel environnement, compagnie agréable. Évolution de carrière limitée
Pros
Culture d’entreprise
Langue parlé au travail
Stagiaire et Analyste au département de R&D (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2018
Le travail est en anglais même si c'est a Montréal
Pros
Horaire flexible
Cons
aucun
Great hands on experience in the field
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 May 2017
I had the opportunity to learn new skills and apply the ones learned throughout my academic development. I was a valuable member of a team that had important and challenging tasks. I left with a great impression and compliments. I would very much like to work for such company again.
Pros
Great team and approcheable superiors
Cons
Short internship
Very good and dedicated co-workers, relaxed atmoshere
Inspector Receiver (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS19 January 2017
Largely independent work with limited direct supervision. Varied duties and responsibilities Helped transition company to ISO 9001 certification. Original company I started with was bought by Rolls-Royce. Management style and procedures changed and authority became more distant. Some changes were needed, others became a hindrance.
Co-workers were dedicated and pleasant to work with. It was a relaxed environment and local management was approachable.
Original company and product no longer exists. Workforce severely reduced.
north american operation lacking direction
Facilities Administrator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 May 2017
My experience with Rolls Royce has been an overall positive one despite working in the worst performing sector in their juggernaut of companies. The staff were well taken care of with a generous pension plan and the security of working for a corporation with a world wide reputation to protect.
great place to work
Shop technician (workterm student) (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 August 2013
It was a great atmosphere to work in with great staff. A typical day would consist of working on overhauling cylinder heads, or winches, or any marine equipment, I learned a great amount about a large variety of marine equipment. The management and staff were fantastic! the hardest part of the job would be troubleshooting and problem solving for some issues while overhauling the equipment, but at the same time that was also the most enjoyable part.
Great Company to work for
Facility and Performance Specialist/ Engine Owner (Former Employee) –  Lachine, Quebec, Canada9 June 2012
It is a most desirable and likable work environment I have ever worked for. The company is a very wonderful , organized, dedicated and a great place for work environment. I was there for over 9 years and I enjoyed everyday of working with engine test and maintaining test facilitites was just superb. The peple I worked for and the people who worked for me were just superb and very nice to work with those guys.
Pros
great place to work and learn
Cons
some bosses were a bit tough, it did not bother me at all.
Internal Management and co-workers provide a friendly and safe enviroment
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 December 2014
Daily I deal with a multiple array of issues.
I have learned that working as a team is a key to success.
Internal management is very good and listen to you.
Co-workers are all friendly, ready to chip in and do what needs to be done to get the job completed.
The hardest part of my job is facing set backs for unforeseen reasons.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a happy customer and excited employees at Rolls-Royce when product is delivered on time or early.
Pros
Oppurtunity to learn about a multitude of things in engineering and management departments.
Cons
Products a directed to a very targeted market which can lead to instability in work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rolls-Royce. Our community is ready to answer.