Rokstad Power

Rokstad Power Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
Exciting and Challenging Work Environment
Good Place to work. At the time I was there I feel the project I was on was poorly managed and as such my experience wasn't as positive as others I know who have worked there.
Very Busy but Fun place to work i loved my job and staff were great
wish I could still work for them is the only downfall . great people to work for and with. fast pace job as a float truck driver and I Loved every min of it.
Fast paced with great support
Great company to work for. Excellent support from management. Workplace is fast paced but great support from co-workers who are friendly and helpful
Pros
Great culture and support
Cons
Job was only contract, project based.
Good company to work for.
The business is still relatively new with processes and procedures in its infancy. The good thing about this place is if you have the motivation to work hard and go above and beyond, you will be noticed for your contributions.
This place WAS great.
When I started, this company was fantastic. They were doing loads of things to boost employee morale, they had intelligent minds and a team like atmosphere... And then Carillion went under.

Everything prior to Carillion and Rokstad parting ways was just simply smoke and mirrors. To mask the fact that their management is caddy and rude, they have no respect for low level employees. They offer a "flexible schedule" but don't take that opportunity, because you'll pay for it.

And if you smoke?! Woo boy. You're getting docked a half hour of pay, even if it's only for 3 minutes per break to calm the nerves. Meanwhile your non-smoking counterparts can go out for lunch every day, or sit on their phones for a half hour without being docked pay.

If you enjoy having a work/life balance, decent pay, flexible work schedule (that's usable without repercussion), and a break (again, without repercussions) Rokstad is not the place for you.

There's something to be said when they've had a 80-90% turn over in less than a year (since I left that could be higher). Their longest standing employee has been there four years. (head office wise).

And HR will not do anything for you. (but if you call the union girl in Payroll she ALWAYS gets things done. Keep it up girl!) And they reward incompetence. It doesn't matter how hard you work, their whole system is built off favoritism.

This company is a joke. It's a sinking ship, don't be fooled by the smoke and mirrors
Pros
Not a single pro... It's a job if you're in a pinch.
Cons
Sinking Ship
Rokstad power
Good pay, good guys, but you will work away from home. If you can't work long hours and stay away from this is not the place for you. You will be well paid for your work.
Pros
Great Pay
fun work place
Good work ethics. Willing to relocate ans assist employees in the move. Pays away allowance. Fair sallery wages and always room for advacment withiin the company
Northern Camp Facility
My Project Manager on site was Fantastic !!

Our Company Head Office was situated in BC. The employees I had contact with in BC were very warm and helpful.

My Management Office in Winnipeg were not team players. It was a little confusing to me concerning most of the members in the Winnipeg office. They eventually lost the contract.

Overall I met wonderful people who are still considered family :)
Pros
Freedom to come and go onsite
Cons
Cold weather
Great seasonal employer
By far my fav place I’ve ever worked. I loved the job. Tons of freedom and recognition for working hard. Pay was great but seasonal work only and benefits are cut off your last day of work.
Pros
Great pay. Paid weekly
Cons
No loyalty to hard workers. Revolving door of mgmt
Job was ok
Worked on a few large projects, management team was agreeable to work with, Salary was livable, did encounter some challenges with the experience of the work force
Well managed and safety oriented
Good experience gained from working for them would love to work for them again. Was always a pleasure coming to work. well managed and up to code on safety.
great company
great company to work for lots of good work, the company is very flexible and you work good hours. if you like or have never worked with helicopters this is the company to be with.
productive company
great job just wasn't long enough,long hours,great p[eople,good breaks,and great supervision.lots of training programs and safety was probably the best part of the job .
Pros
great wages
Cons
great workers, was enjoyable to be around people
Rokstad Power is a great company and is all about safety. No body can enter any site without be trained. The salary, work like balance and management and other workers working it was an enjoyable employment opportunity
Pros
always a phone call away needs were looked after for every job area
Cons
not secure enough to say it is safe to know you have work next week
rokstad
rokstad is a good company but as for advancement it is suited better for those who are actually linemen or apprentices that have these skills. i enjoyed my time with rokstad and would work for them again.
It's a good company
No tool's but they got some good guys here. its a happy culture most times its powerline you know what the deal is, you go with the flow but get tired of working away.
It's good and bad
Good: co-workers, fair pay

Bad: Processes (what's that?), indecisive management, no structure, policies or guidelines. Bit of an old boys club.

Advice to management: hold senior leaders accountable.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Lack of processes
Very professional environment
learned a lot had a great time building the I.L.M and meeting the various hard working friends. I di a lot of moving material with a superb crew
Pros
Very professional
productive place to work
I worked with Rokstad power fo 2 1/2 years as a ground worker building steel transmission towers . Ground workers have a lot of responsibiliy . My daily responsibilities were to take out all nessesary tools ,slings , riggin the crew needs for the day and put away at the end of the day, keep the tower site clean , keep the riggin trucks in order , tag loads being moved by crane an give poper signals to the operator an direct the load to its location , work along side linemen and the apprentices building the tower sections on the ground then help put riggin on so that the section could be safely erected , reading prints to install lacing , tourqe bolts , operate the zoom boom to move materials around the site an when we move to another tower .
Pros
very good company to work for and the pay was awesome
Cons
No shade in thee summer when building towers, everything gets hot
Challenging rewarding company to work for.
I would recommend working for Rokstad Power to anyone who is willing to learn new skills and be challenged to improve as a professional.
Worst company I have EVER worked for.
When we were first hired, we were told some great thing, great benefits and some awesome promises. That quickly diminished once management reared their ugly heads and showed us what their true intentions were. Being stabbed in the back was a daily thing, everyone is out to step on you so they can look good and succeed. It's an old boys club yes, but thats not the real issue.

It's young guys who can barely spell their own name, know nothing about computers and they progress into a management position because they know how (and they sure love to do it, right tom?) to demoralize and make them feel like garbage. They actually 'enjoy' it.

Avoid this company at all costs. You are better off panhandling.
Pros
Nothing comes to mind.
Cons
Not enough space.