Play YouTube video button

Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

Found 1,994 reviews matching the search See all 2,086 reviews
Featured review
Rogers Communications selected this as a representative review
Extremely rewarding work
Senior Project/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2018
Had the opportunity to work on many projects at Rogers as a Program and Project Manager. The most rewarding part was being part of a team of people that would always go the extra mile to achieve business objectives.
Rogers was a great place to work because there are so many different jobs in one company.
Networking (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 December 2018
I worked for Rogers for just over 30 years.
I've moved from North Vancouver, through numerous sites, lastly in Brampton. I've worked in and out of the union, starting with cable TV installs and working my way up to Senior Network Capacity Planner. There were easy jobs and hard jobs, but in the end it's only you (your attitude) and your manager (and his management style) that makes the job good or bad. Rogers has some good managers, but unfortunately, the overall trend is toward penny-pinching and micromanaging like many other companies today.
Pros
Ability to move within the company.
Cons
Changing culture and fewer benefits.
Lots of fun working with Rogers
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Canada17 January 2019
I am working in Rogers for the last 19 years its a great company to work I am still working in the company I love to coach and finishing my targets .
we start our day normally with team meeting where we do planning see our performance and future plan .
in Rogers best thing is we get trained time to time .
out Culture is work/family oriented Rogers is a one of the leading communication company in Canada
currently I am working as Territory Sales Manager
Cons
People are great, Management needs work
Digital Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2018
The people you work with on a day to day are great. Senior level management have no clue. Many are lifers, but they seem to have forgotten what it is like to be a minion. We could be working on a project, put in many hours, for senior management to then decide to go totally left field - and those hours are then wasted and we are left scrambling - cause our deadlines have not changed. I do not understand how this company makes a profit... oh maybe cause they don't pay us much.
Pros
People, benefits are OK (vacation is not that great)
Cons
Senior management, processes
Never again
IT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 November 2018
The culture at Rogers has stalled, and there is a lot of unhappiness. Most lower-level employees are disgruntled and are 'filling a seat' rather than coming to work to actually "do good work". A rampant lack of pride and energy in many departments has lead to a reactionary and angry approach to challenges rather than proactive problem solving. There are good people but the mid-management layer tends to be uninspiring and has led to the good people leaving, or becoming uninterested. I found it a challenging environment. Hoping the new CEO can infuse a little 'oompf' into the Rogers' culture.
Pros
On-site dry-cleaner, really cool problems to solve, some v cool people.
Cons
Long Hours, Low Energy, Combative.
Great place to work, but limited opportunities to advance if you are not in Toronto (Head office)
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 November 2018
- Good benefits
- Lots of exposure to various business units
- Progressive Management style, at least int eh last few years
- Advancing is hard if you are not in Toronto
- Work life balance is good, but really depends on which department you are in
- Pay is not that great, uneven distribution
Pros
Great benefits, Lots to learn, industry leaders, growth opportunities
Cons
Need to be in Toronto for advancement, big organization to navigate, pay is not that great
Not the greatest place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON27 November 2018
no flexibility in schedule
no accommodation for scheduling
benefits were great
terrible opportunity to move out of customer service
you only have 30 minutes per month of off shone time to do things like go to the bathroom, take a minute after a bad call or speak to your supervisor about a problem
very heavy sales targets and they often turn the other cheek when sales are made by lying to the customer
benefits
Cons
too much pressure to sell
Great company to be in for a short period of time
Manager, Customer Experience Insights (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2018
Employees are not rewarded by the merit and not "punished" for the failures.
Workplace culture is very traditional and conservative, old-school.
Your salary will not be competitive enough to stay unfortunately. The promotions are around 10 % increase only.
However, you will learn a lot about politics, about stress and improve soft skills.
And you will have a job security if you meet expectations.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, lots of politics and bureaucracy, non-competitive salaries
Good place to work with a great environment and amazing leadership
Manager, Data Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2019
Rogers always seeks their employees have a good balance between work and personal life. The work environment is good with lots of collaboration across teams and departments and the leadership team is the best! I only wish I was paid a competitive salary based on the market.
Pros
work environment, leadership team, work-personal life balance
Cons
salary
Many good working people
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 November 2018
Busy workplace
Upper management think they know all - but many are the major problem to making Rogers a great place and a great company

company over the past number of years have changed direction on putting blame to the staff instead of taking the direction to make things better (goes back to uppers think they know best)

Many people really do/did care - mgmt. direction is moving people away from caring and just doing a job
Pros
many good people
Cons
upper mgmt
One of the best places I have worked
INBOUND RETENTION CALL CENTRE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa Ontario15 November 2018
An outstanding company to work for. A typical day at Rogers would be to answer inbound calls and solve customer concerns and problems. I learned valuable call centre skills from Rogers. Excellent Management and a friendly work environment. Challenging part of the job was the day to day changes for the company needs but it also made it exciting. The best part of the job was customer satisfaction.
Call center can be toxic
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ontario9 November 2018
Site I worked at was toxic... People working against each other, some managers were more concerned with their own image than helping employees. More than a few instances of nepotism (several people were promoted based on who their spouses were, rather than their skill level). Some good people, but they usually left or were asked to leave when they wouldn't play ball with the upper management and actually stood up for the employees.
Pros
50% off Rogers services
Cons
Our site had about 20% on stress leave... Toxic
My Team was great!
Partnership Manager - Alliance (Former Employee) –  Alliance, AB10 December 2018
Overall they were very good to their employees. Too many Executive changes during the time I was there. This caused more layoffs when a new President came in.
There was a lack of communication between areas of business. They were not very good at working together as a Team. Everyone seemed to work in silos was slowed everything down.
Pros
Beautiful work areas
Cons
No communication between Teams
Only providing training but not job security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Novascotia3 December 2018
I worked for Rogers really hard and they dont take care oftheir employees.There is no job security.Dont work for Roger any time u could be fired. They deduct working hours any time and terminate without providing any reason.I think Rogers system is not proper .Rogers will loose employee and customer also.
Cons
Only pressure and deducting working hours
HR ignored and so does Management.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 November 2018
If you bring up an issue 6-7 times to see a resolve, nothing will come out of it even when forwarded to HR. Management at Georgian mall is a joke, as the manager stays in the back or out of the store and is not open to suggestion and will happily schedule you with people you have been having serious issues with (knowing full well). Will force you to resign if you mention leaving (without proper paper work).
Benefits
Cons
No support from Corporate
Not an equal opportunity employer
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 October 2018
Racist hiring practises causing non-techies getting hired at tech roles, leaving out qualified interested candidates.
Would not recommend working here, unless you uncle or aunt is a director or up, at Rogers. HR sleeps like a fish out here. Africans are hiring all African teams, Saudis hiring all Saudis, with a sprinkle of Chinese or Asian, for a cover-up. They ask for a swiss-knife in the job posting and miraculously somehow a sudani sitting on a camel, with no idea about the technology is hired! How did that happen?! Wondering how Rogers is making in top 100 employers? Whoz paying who?!
Great place to work. The transition to share-space has been positive for collaboration and team work. Cafe and Game rooms allow employees to relax.
Manager, Agency Performance and Relations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2019
Productive and fun work place.
Management skills
I enjoyed independence in my role, and the the ability to freely make day to day decisions.
Travelling to vendors sites to oversee operations
Pros
Independence
Cons
Rogers is a great place to work
Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 October 2018
My experience at Rogers was mostly positive and I would recommend it to anyone looking to work for a larger organization that is focused on aggressive growth. It's portfolio of business offerings has diversified from just a wireless provider, but still struggles with wireline services and delivery.
Pros
Strong senior leadership team; compensation/benefits
Cons
Constant change; lean organization in the West
Fun, productive and innovating
Small Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2018
- organizing contracts
- calling back clients and building a rapport
- management was hands on and guided me in the right direction
- good culture very competitive with good team ethics
- paper work maybe was the hardest part just making sure you cross your ts and dot your is
- dealing with people was enjoyable just interacting and getting done what the need
I was a retention Rep
Client Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  2235 Sheppard Ave8 January 2019
Working at Rogers was the worst experience of my life. Between the lack of floor support, the managers sleeping with agents, the disregard fror customer privacy, the countless agents selling client info. This was the worst experience of my career life.
Pros
Parties were great
Cons
Managers sleeping with agents and threatening the employees that knew
Avoid Finance and Leasing departments
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2018
Jobs at Rogers Finance and Leasing in DT office mainly reserved for specific skin color and the pressure of working there is ridiculous, a horrible place to work where you will be asked to stay for long hours with zero appreciation, Strongly recommend avoiding this place.
Pros
Tim Hortons inside the building
Cons
so many things, readd the review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogers Communications. Our community is ready to answer.