Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

Productive, Efficient but new workers mostly get sent to the cleaning area.
Material Handler, tester and cleaner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2018
The work here is fun and does not have much pressure. However the continuous lifting of heavy objects, bending and constant exposure to dust and dirt causes problem in the long run.
Pros
Very secure and fun work environment.
Cons
Long standing hours, heavy lifting and bending, exposure to dust, dirt and cleaning chemicals.
Good place to work if you like working with a machine
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2018
The culture in the office is pretty fun, and success driven. People are willing to help to ensure you meet your goals, but at the end of the day, you are just a number.
They offer great benefits and wealth accumulation plans. Overall, it is a great place to work...they just need to pay a little more and offer more vacation.
It is hard to get things done because of the red tape and internal bureaucracy, and the systems and processes aren't necessarily in place to benefit the employees, nor the customers.
If you like working for the man, this is a great place to work.
Pros
Flexibility, and autonomy
Cons
Slightly lower than average pay, and big company processes
Rogers
Senior Design Producer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2018
Very poorly run company. High CEO turnover and layers of middle-managers. Good company, good benefits, but bad management. Wireless and other company divisions do well, but Roger's Media is a money losing mess.
Pros
Flexible, decent wages
Cons
Bad management, corporate greed
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 September 2018
I enjoyed working there for over 23 years.It was a fast paced environment with lots of opportunities.I worked in Brampton and the hours were good and lots of opportunities for overtime.
Pros
Good pay for the job.
Free stuff
Phone rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2018
Won a wii, which was amazing for only working there a few months. The company is very straightforward, and there not many days of stress. The owners are wonderful people
Pros
Free stuff
Cons
Constant customer complaints
fast paced
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 September 2018
answered technical calls.
training and benefits excellent.
management varies from person to person. unfortunately, everyone is held to absolute kpis.
hardest part no flexibility on troubleshooting.
best helping customers.
benefits
Cons
must follow troubleshooting script even if you know the solution
Meh
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2018
Work colleagues are all really wonderful and bright.
Interesting challenging work in the media division.
However, there's is a heavy mask of job insecurity, but many of my colleagues have worked there for 10+ years.
Pros
onsite gym and cafe
Cons
job insecurity
Good place, good people
Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2018
Your work mates and managers make the job worthwhile. There are opportunities to advance if you stay long enough. The pay is reasonable and the benefits are a plus. They actually care about their employees.
the best
Senior QA Tester (Former Employee) –  tester4 September 2018
Rogers Communications Inc. is a Canadian communications and media company. It operates particularly in the field of wireless communications, cable television, telephone, and Internet connectivity with significant additional telecommunications and mass media assets.
They Don't Care
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 September 2018
Rogers doesn't care about their employees they keep everyone at the poverty line. Management is looking after themselves.If you're good at your job they will try and keep you there. No advancement and so much pressure to sell products to customers (mainly seniors) who do not need certain services. They train one way and then when you get on the floor and start supporting customers they tell you to do things another way and not follow training policies. Over priced products and as an employee I never saw a benefit. My pay basically had me as working poor, living pay check to pay check and the only thing they offer me is events around the office. I'd rather have the money their spending put in my pocket vs. a couple of cheap hot dogs or lame games. At the end they are not a good company to work for they don't care about customers or employees.
Great place for self development
Customer Service Consultant/ Consumer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2018
Very friendly environment, clean workplace, supportive management. A chance to make sales and get commissions. Great insurance policy and clean workplace.
Open minded and cooperative work culture
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2018
Very good place to work with multicultural staff, supportive and helpful. collaborative and innovative work place. Good benefits and perks for all employees.
Rogers is a very dynamic company
Sr Mgr HR Systems & Transformation (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2018
Typical days as of late are solving project implementation related issues. We recently implemented Oracle HCM and I oversee the IT Operations Team. Prior to 2015 we were on PeopleSoft and I ran the Support Team for HR. We have been in Project mode since 2015 and implemented Oracle HCM July 2018.

Over the past 3 years we have completely changed our HR Landscape and are now adapting to the new system.
Pros
Great Team and so much to learn
Cons
Long hours, On Call Shifts
Brand speaks
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2018
Job security + benefits of getting calls for interviews from several companies as Rogers is a renowned brand. Salary should be improved though and so should be the culture. Although I am talking from a part-time position perspective at Fido outlet and not a Corporate position.
It can be fun working there
Customer Relation Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada28 August 2018
Everyone experience is different at Rogers, My experience has mixed emotion at the company but there are a lot positive things about Rogers. i would recommend the company to those who like sales..
Amazing company.
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2018
Rogers is a leading diversified Canadian communications and media company that’s working to deliver a great experience to our customers every day. We are Canada’s largest provider of wireless communications services and one of Canada’s leading providers of cable television, high-speed Internet, information technology, and telephony services to consumers and businesses. Through Rogers Media, we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, sports, televised and online shopping, magazines, and digital media.
Grow until you can't
Senior Support Agent (Current Employee) –  North York, ON27 August 2018
Great place to work, co-workers to management are great, the job itself isn't the best but it could be worst in comparison. Alot of options to move around with the company
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
mandatory Extended Work Weeks
fast paced and challenging work environment with room to advance
Customer Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 August 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at rogers communications. I made a lot of great friends that I will never forget. In a typical day at work I would complete many different tasks. Between doing live supervisor calls and the supervisor call backs I would also have at least 4 hours a day on the phones as part of the customer relations department. I have learned so much about how to help customers quickly and efficiently whist still keeping the companies rules, regulations, and budget in mind. Workplace culture was good, we had fun but kept it classy. The hardest part of the job was having to reprimand my team if quotas were not met. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to take the time and do the one on one training necessary to get my team up to par and then meet said quotas.
Pros
the teamwork
Cons
late night shifts
Some people are great but the corporate culture is awful
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 August 2018
They seem to only be hiring contract employees which means you don't get any benefits for working for them. The full time employees enjoy extended health benefits, 50% discount on Rogers' services, paid vacation and sick days, pension plans, etc. while the contractors get nothing. There is also a general attitude of "just a contractor" which is highly prevalent.
Good place to start job carrier
CUSTOMER CARE CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 August 2018
If you want to learn quickly and on the fly, this is the best place for that. Base starting salary of front line agents is very low, bonuses depend on performance, and not always accurate calculated.
Pros
Helpful management, options to choose shifts times
Cons
Long hours, sometimes stressful job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogers Communications. Our community is ready to answer.