Rogers Communications

Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

Found 2,616 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Rogers Communications selected this as a representative review
Its a good company to start of at and get job experience. Its a diverse company and the hiring and working environment is also very diverse. Rogers is a good company to work for
Too bad as my experience did not go well, after a year, I had enough and did not want to renew. The company is large and mostly disorganized as too many pockets of people have a hold on the type of employees and culture. Teams do not work well with other teams, every team try to push on other team’s faults. When I got the opportunity I was extremely excited and happy that I got the job, but after working for few weeks, I realized that this is not a good place.
Pros
Learning from a disorganized place
Cons
Not sure where to start...really sad and disappointing
Supportive and friendly management. The work environment is professional. They are not strict as long as you are doing your job properly. They support you along the way.
Pros
Free Books to read
Cons
Most of the job posting are pre- determine, most of candidates are fake and used to legalize the hiring process, position already been taken internally.No diversity, no carrier development unless you have internal network.Micromanagement, unqualified managers.Different salaries for the same position, same place , same duties and same targets
Work culture has worsened to the lowest quality over the last few years. It used to be a decent company to work at but the new management has ruined it all. The stress level at Rogers is tremendous. Training is negligible. There are no defined job responsibilities. Forget about work-life balance. No job security at all. Work hard to get fired. Be political and you will be promoted. Hardly anyone cares about hard-working employees at Rogers anymore.
Pros
50% discount on home, internet and cell phone plans.
Cons
Long hours, extremely stressful, no defined job responsibilities, too many organizational changes, people are let go continuously.
I enjoyed the interview they make you comfortable. There was no gotcha questions. Mostly softball type. Then after you had basic technical questions just to have your knowledge. I think the focus was more to learn about your character than anything else.
Politics beware not a good place to work when the corporate screws up they cut and fire the employees to make things better for the shareholders, the shareholders are the only ones that matter!
Pros
Treat people well
Cons
Corporate sucks
I've had an opportunity to work at a number of different roles over the 15 years of employment. I learned a lot with the support of some of the most talented colleagues and Directors. Definitely a place of employment I would encourage and recommend.
Pros
Life Balance, Amazing Talent, Ability to move around to different Organizations.
Cons
Some Organizations encourage work life balance over overs.
Awesome company to work for! They really care about there employees, great benefits, cute little care packages sent out to us during busy seasons to show their appreciation for us!
Cons
This job paid super well, but unfortunately the customers you had to deal with at some times were abusive and rude. There's always managers to take those calls but often times I found the damage was done and I'd have breakdowns often. If you have strong mental health and can push aside the fact some customers are rude and abusive its an awesome place to work with great co-workers, great higher ups, good training, and amazing benefits/pay!!
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Abusive Customers
Working for Rogers is stressful. The management culture is very negative. There is a lot of micro management between the work force and the employee base. They encourage a work culture that promotes unsustainable work life balance. There are always cut backs. There promote a work place of fear of job security which keeps everyone working past their shifts to keep up. They have semi annual lay offs to keep the work force slim as possible.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Stressful envirnoment
Rogers is the only company i know who not only steal from Customers, but employers as well. Their Bills sent to customers are never straight forward and has lots of hidden charges hence the amount of irate customers that call in daily. They gouge employees as well as your payslips are never straightforward and has all kinds of inexplicable deductions.The so-called management are mediocre at best, bunch of unqualified managers who manage employees who in most cases are better qualified.Choose somewhere else if you have the choice!
Pros
None i can think of...
Cons
Stressful, toxic workplace
Rogers is terrible to work for. There is no work life balance. You have to be working there for at least 10 years before you have a shot at a Monday to Friday schedule and even then it will be afternoons. You also have to be there for 10 years to have any chance of getting decent times of the year for vacation. I had a couple of good managers but majority are company slaves and don’t care about you. You get written up for every absence even though you have 6 paid sick days. If you happen to use 3 days within a 3 month period you get out on an escalation absence program. You are not allowed to have family emergencies.
Pros
Pay well but the abuse from customers is not worth it.
Cons
Everything, most people develop severe anxiety working there
Training was good. No advancement opportunities. Discrepancies in pay and had to track it all the time manually. Management was fairly trained. Focus was mainly on Sales and not on the quality of service. Interview was at the main office of Rogers, but hired for the small office on Queen in Brampton.
Pros
Office job with your own work space
Cons
Temporary job / No advancement opportunities
Worst choice to have worked for field sales spoiled 15 years of life in this dept.Highly bureaucratic and layered.A big “No” to someone who wants to join. No work and life balance, also the salary for newRecruits is higher than tenured reps.
Cons
Stress to sell and meet goals. No positive feedback. Expectations are rediculous. You get treated like a criminal when you don't meet stats. They do not work with people with disabilities. They work hard to make you want to quit.
Cons
For a while it was a great place to work, but then sales targets became unattainable and the pressure to hit target bacame extremely stressful. The company would do a round of layoffs then post the exact same job with a different title and hire a whole new batch of employees. The sales tactics were very misleading to customers.
The best non trucking position I ever had. If not getting hurt in 2002 I would have retired there. Very nice and exciting place to work. I would recommend it for anyone.
Not much room for advancement. They want to pay you as little as they can. No proper hands on training. Deal with a lot of angry customers. Good benefits, though.
Pros
Lots of time to sit around, if that's what you want
Cons
Pay
As far as corporate jobs go it was good. The pay and benefits are better than most and many of the management certainly give off the impression they care, and some actually do. The thing to keep in mind is that you are a tool to increase share holder profits and that is the end of the list. Your job will change day to day and they will call that flexible rather than what it is - stressful. Your job will change with very little training and once you are trained do not expect to be trained again - that costs money and that is all being syphoned off to the top. You are a cog which can and will be replaced when necessary. Leave expectations of humanity at the door as is the way with large corporations driven by shareholder profits. Do not expect raises on a regular basis, nor bonuses, nor commissions. You will get them sometimes but while I was there I learned that these things were for other people. If you have mental health concerns then you definitely shouldn't work here. The immediate management is good but the company really only cares about the bottomed line. The corporate sound bites are a great bit of talk but that is all it is and again, this is to be expected from a corporation of this size. If you are looking for money and benefits and can tolerate customers yelling at you with little recourse then you will do fine. The problems aren't unique to Rogers and as I mentioned, certain things are actually quite good.
Pros
Money is just about at a liveable wage.
Cons
Customers will yell at you. You probably won't have a future here.
Rogers is a great place to start your career in communications. They pay well and offer tons of benefits. The only down side I experienced during my time there with the high demand that came with work in Tech Support and the stress levels of irate customers and back to back calls of being verbally abused which over the years WILL take a toll on your mental health.
Benefits
Cons
The upper management