Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

Found 2,028 reviews matching the search See all 2,097 reviews
2 years at Rogers, inside sales representative
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2019
So. I worked at Roger's for about 2 years.
I enjoyed it. It was great. The pay was terrible. Minimum pay at $14 an hr. The commission was great. Just alot of flows in the system. Management was great. Not to helpful but great supporting you half way.

I was layoff and a little bit of terminated in the process.
I gave to many credits and promises to Roger's customers. That my manager did not like that. So in that case I was let go. It was a great experience of getting alot of training experience doing what I did. And since I'm no longer there. That's okay. Would be nice if I can go back. Some of my colleagues would make $45k-$75k before tax.

So think hard if you want to be successful or long time with a company that does this to there workers. There is no job security or even a warning to it..
Pros
Benefits and shares
Cons
Job security
Not a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2019
The Rogers retail culture has deteriorated immensely over time. The company and its managers want Sales Reps to prioritize money and targets over the needs of the consumers. This often requires compromising your morals because managers are forcing you to sell products the customers don't need, so that they can hit targets and make bonuses on their paychecks. The managers and the company could care less how well you help customers or how many problems you solve. They have no value for the administration work that reps do for the company, and the amount of work they put in. The whole system is corrupt and the company only cares about making sales, which results in many consumers being harmed. Furthermore, the company has no interest in their employee's advancements. Managers show very little interest in your career goals. The managers also do not give credit where its due, and just continually pressure reps to make sales. They do not promote qualified employees and you are just a number to them, easily dispensable and replaceable. The managers want to keep you at a low level because there is nothing for them to gain if you move up in the company. Even Rogers Human Resources department is lacking. They do not take the concerns of their employees seriously and dismiss any problems that arise. They do not treat you like a valuable employee or value your input. I would say there are better companies out there to work for who will treat you like a human and actually care about your opinion and development.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
No advancement, compromising of morals
Good Place to learn new things
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 March 2019
Good work Balance
Great place to learn new stuff.

Learned lot many new technologies.

Management needs to be better

Ownership is with the team all the time which is good as we can learn to take responsibility.
Not bad to work
BUSINESS CARE (Former Employee) –  Dixie, ON7 March 2019
It is getting better to work here but it takes time. The people there are very nice upfront but at the end of the day its a strict revenue based company where up-selling customers even if they are struggling with payments currently.
Pros
50 percent off your bill.
Cons
drains the life out of you.
Great place to start your career and great learning experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 March 2019
We had monthly targets that we needed to achieve, so daily targets were made to help you meet your goal. It was not all about selling either, as a sales associate you have the opportunity to connect with different people from different backgrounds and the occasional business events gave us the opportunity to meet extremely influential people.
I had amazing colleagues and customers, so it wasn't just work for me, it was more than that.
Pros
Healthy work environment, amazing learning experience
Cons
targets can be a bit higher.
Not the best work environment
RF ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 March 2019
I only worked there for a short period of time and didn't like the environment at the time. The pay was much lower than the job that i started right after
Cliches are cool at RCI
Bottle Washer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2019
Well it is true that Rogers employs a lot of people and is community minded by investing both in its employees and families.
Decent benefits that are constantly being tweaked to reinvest in the business yet the pay that is less than standard.

The Toronto office is an old boys network based on glad handing and yes men. Constant reorgs DOES help the business BUT it keeps regular staff in a constant state of worry and panic for the "evolving" role they face the next week.

Diversity is less than ideal and when there is they are have reprogrammed to have little or no compassion for there fellow person as they are on the road to SLT and ELT.

Direct Manager avoid there direct reports and HR ignores some and helps others, If you are not the perky blonde with glasses or Dashing and Rugged Brett then you BETTER work twice as hard to get half as much. They want want young people and seemingly hate people over 35 unless you have made it to management level. What do they know right? Gen XYZ Pffff.

It is a weird place, BUT because it is downtown and you start with 3 weeks vacation anyone who doesn't want to work in outside the core, and can stomach the corporate waterboarding of success factors hang on for the next big thing.
Look up Stockholm Syndrome.
Pros
3 weeks vacation, cheap gym and water coolers everywhere
Cons
dead eye management/HR and impossible problem resolution at all levels
s'adresse a qui
Montreal, Qc (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 February 2019
C'est une bonne place de travail si vous aimé la compétition et si vous tenez bien sous a pression.
Excellent Place to work
Cable Repair Tier II Second Level Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2019
This was my second home. I worked here for 12 plus years, and enjoyed every minute of it. I am leaving this place to start a new career. I love driving, so seeking a career in truck driving.
The culture and atmosphere is amazing
CUSTOMER RELATIONS SPECALIST/ LEARNING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 February 2019
A lot of where you want to go and how you want your shifts to be, depends on your seniority. When you are a new employee, don't expect to get daytime hours for years to come, or weekends.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
shift hours
Good Company to Work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2019
Excellent company to work for, a very good life work balance the management is excellent and the benefits are good also. However job security is not so good, every 3 years there are mass lay offs or whenever a new CEO is hired. The stress of that every 3 years or so is quite nerve racking.
Pros
Good company to work for with excellent benefits
Cons
Mass lay-offs every 3/4 years
Absolutely brutal.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 February 2019
Unless you have no other option, don't work here. After 3 months of poorly planned training, you are asked to do everything for customers calling in to have their problems fixed. While somehow keeping them happy after the terrible tricks Rogers plays on them to keep driving more phone calls, you are expected to sell to them. And not just upgrade their service, you have to get them to subscribe to a brand new product. Most of the time there is absolutely no use for a customer to go for these products (like faulty security systems or overpriced cell phone plans), but you can only succeed in this role by overcoming guilt and sell services for ridiculous prices, while making less than cents on the dollar (in terms of your commission). Not recommended for anyone with a conscience. Oh you get 50% off your monthly Rogers bill, but that's only off of market price. Don't flush your life away for an affordable phone bill.
Pros
A couple times per month free food is provided, commissions are sometimes paid out
Cons
Usually end up working longer than your scheduled shift, constant pressure to sell, very poor communication from management, lack of direction by upper management, toxic sales culture, majority of employees are in the same role for 10+ years and have not moved, many are on rotating maternity leave, commissions get docked regularly and it is no fault of your own.
Lazy Management lots of room for advancement
Switched Digital Tester (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 February 2019
The management was lazy which led to me leaving and the desire to advance was no longer there within me. The culture was good, and there was a real sense of community.
Productive workplace
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 February 2019
I learned a great deal about customer service, and how to deal with different personality of clients. It increased my overall computer literacy as all we did was always with desktop computers (only devices allowed)
Systems Administrator / Technical Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2019
I was really proud of my work at Rogers. Unfortunately was part of the IBM outsourcing. The experience however was fine and severance packages and transitions were executed with the utmost of respect and personally satisfying.
Productive workplace with scope to learn
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2019
Rogers is a great place to work as the company takes care of the employees and provides all kinds of support and benefit. I love the compensation plan
Pros
Share Accumulation and Pension plans
Cons
Weekend and evening working
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2019
Depending on the department some managers may require more attention in order for you to get a great review for the end of the year. Other staff and admins are great.
Pros
...co workers
Cons
Director
A good place for retirees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 February 2019
Le call center seems offer a flexible and easy-going atmosphere to employs, but lack of advance opportunity for ambitious and capable people, there are many aged and women, who want to retire from there.
Great Place to work
Sales Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 February 2019
Feels like a family where everyone is helpful. If you enjoy working in sales Rogers is a great place to be. Rewards are also great going to basketball, baseball and hockey games and winning great electonics was great.
Pros
Rewards for hitting sales targets
Cons
Demndin sales targets
Network Designer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 February 2019
A lot of changes happen but it is good to change.
Great people to work with but still a lot of politics inside.
Very important to show your own visibility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogers Communications. Our community is ready to answer.