ROGERS' CHOCOLATES LTD.

ROGERS' CHOCOLATES LTD. Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews

Enjoyable job but low pay and no job security

The days can get repetitive and routine which was fine by me, I appreciated knowing what was expected of me in a day. The management of the department at the time clearly cared about the employees being successful in their roles and assigned tasks, one of the better managers I've had. I did not enjoy how low the pay was compared to similar jobs in the area, and there was a lack of communication of when my contract would be ending so there was no chance to look for new employment ahead of time.

Any fun between coworkers ie coworker organized birthday cards or an office treat told to stop by CEO. No reason given.

Several coworkers are what made it worth staying but Management is only interested in hearing themselves and on rising Manager liked to promote themselves by running to the CEO to tell anything you said even if it was away from work. Once the people that made working their enjoyable were chased away to other employers satisfaction went down. Managers generally unsupportive with the exception of 1 or 2 but they were other departments. If you asked for help like things to make job easier to make deadlines they never happened and if you warned that you were unable to complete in schedule because of that my Manager acted like it was the first time they were hearing that there was an issue and accused of not keeping them in loop time and time again. While an old company and thats their Marketing Strategy the "old guard" with their old styles need to move on. Also, one employee in the office had been their forever and while friendly stressed everyone around them out if anything changed or got mildly busy… Chicken Little comes to mild and was unable to use even the most basic of technology and unable/willing to learn so was constantly distracting other depts in the open office with needing basic email or spreadsheet tasks.

Pros

Occassional pizza lunches and decent staff discount to make the products more affordable

Cons

Unsupportive

Insights into ROGERS' CHOCOLATES LTD.

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

People get along and you get to learn something new all the time

Management is always super flexible and understanding with your needs and do their best to make sure you’re comfortable. Floor supervisors and always happy to help and take the time to teach you. Great paced work environment as there’s always something to do, everyone is quite friendly which makes for a fun work environment.

Pros

Work/Life balance

Cons

Can get unexpectedly busy

Retail Positions are brutal.

Although I enjoyed my time at Roger's, managers had unrealistic expectations for retail staff members. Staff are asked to work alone for most shifts unless working at the downtown location, meaning no meal breaks, bathroom breaks, or any time to yourself out of the store. This resulted in many spoiled meals, food poisoning, and health problems related to not being able to use the washroom or eat meals if customers were present. Although not illegal, very scummy. Would not recommend unless working at the downtown location.

Pros

Staff Discount

Cons

Long Hours, No breaks, No supervision

Recommend looking elsewhere

Highly recommend not working here....very poor management and for what you get paid it is not worth the stress. A lot of the long term staff/supervisors quit recently.

Pros

Cons

Extremely poor and abusive management, very poor salary, stressful

Stay away this place is toxic

Upper management regularly lie to their staff, treat their staff inappropriately, and making snap decisions only benefit for their personal interest. One of the director got one of the MANAGER fired just because, and got several SUPERVISORS quit their jobs. This Director is backed up with the blind support from the president. So, if you do not want to be YELL at consistently, stay away from that place.

Pros

No free chocolate not allowed

Cons

Too many cannot fit in here.

Fun to work at!

I work at the Government store. My manager is excellent, I'm very glad I got to work with her. It gets quite slow during winter (jan - march) but starting April/ cruise ship season it will pick it up by A LOT and it will last till the end of Christmas. Do be prepared that the CEO will walk in to the store every now and then without notice.

Pros

flexibility

Slow-paced workplace, not super comfortable space

This might have changed but during cold winter days doors at the store were supposed to be always open to be welcoming. Staff was constantly sick and little heater provided by the management didn't really help. No washrooms in the store was also a highlight.

Pros

work-life balance

Cons

frequent changes in management, head office in Victoria, lack of communication

Great Experience

This was a great job opportunity. I loved the opportunity to learn all parts of the operation. I was given great history, and training to be able to be successful in my role on our team. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Great Financial Group - very sociable

I work in a large open office space with 6 other staff, in individual cubicles -- we socialize when we can, work hard the rest of the time. Sometimes it's so quiet you can hear a pin drop! Other times you can't get a word in edgewise! Really great group, very diverse, from millennials to seniors, and we all work very well together. Team work. We forget to take lunches, and we share goodies when we get them.

Pros

I like the work, and my supervisor, Patrick -- great to work for

Cons

I don't like the HR aspect of my job -- not my forte!

Super fun work place with minor management problems

Favourite work place, workers are easy to get along with and made shifts super fun. A lot of tourists and great people. The management was a little unorganized and did not give the desired amount of hours. super easy and had no negatives about the position.

A relaxed slow paced environment.

The work environment was pleasant, supportive and clean. Minimal supervision with full responsibliies of conducting business open to close. The best part of the day is assisting those around me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ROGERS' CHOCOLATES LTD.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare ROGERS' CHOCOLATES LTD. with

ROGERS' CHOCOLATES LTD. reviews by location

Learn about ROGERS' CHOCOLATES LTD. in popular locations

• ROGERS' CHOCOLATES LTD.