Roevin

Roevin Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews
Well balanced place to work.
Overall, they pay decent, the recruiters are knowledgeable and mostly try to get back to you on job offers they have. Sometimes with feedback, good and bad.
It is a great place to be! Good opportunity and great working environment. Friendly co workers and lots of fun to be had after a good days worth of work!
An unprofessional and unethical organisation
Roevin is an unethical, unresponsive and completely unprofessional recruitment agency to be associated with. They cant be trusted at all, as the channels of communication with recruiters at Roevin are not open and transparent. Correct information is not delivered timely and there is no professionalism in their approach. I would seriously discourage job seekers to choose this agency as their trusted partner in job search.
standard employment placement company
This is a placement company, hard to give a review on a placement company. Easy to deal with and didn't have issues with paycheques. The pay scale dropped but that isn't the companies fault, It is the economies.
Great contracting company
The team is great at keeping track of any required documentation for a contract based job as well as any flights that are required for a fly in /fly out job.
Worked as a contractor through them
I contracted as a Commissioning and start up electrician though them. They were very well set up for working with contractors, time sheets and paper work were well set up.
good company
I was very happy with the company. They always paid on time and even expenses were processed very quickly.
Staff and management were excellent to me.

I would use them again.
Pros
staff, paid on time, easy to get along with.
Cons
had every 3rd Friday off without pay due to being a contractor
Well established recruitment agency within the oil & gas industry.
Roevin Engineering Recruitment is a well established and respected recruitment agency within the oil & gas industry. They've been providing top tier technical resources to projects for over 35 years.
good
Seemed to care about the people they hire. The recruiters were and are approachable and always corresponded willingly when requested to call back or when you have questions.
A very good company to work
I was contracted by Roevin to a number of companies. It was enjoyable because a person learned more about his profession. The people that I worked with on a number of jobs were very professional and had safety as the major concern.
The work was very rewarding because a person deal with various trades and engineering groups.
Joke
Couldn't believe an agency was less interested in placing me in a position. Seemed everytime I phoned them to see how it was progressing, they kept asking me for something else and sign up for a course.

All the agent kept saying was "I need to look good for my client"
Pros
Nothing in my experience
Cons
You are the one doing as much as you can, not the agent
Average work place if need a job
Not my fav place to work, but when your hard up for a job you will take it. Although it may have changed by now, as the last time I worked there was four years ago.
I feel Roevin is about the best company i have worked with
I liked working with Roevin they paid a good wage and always on time. They also covered me with a cost of living allowance. One thing that i always wondered about was they never talked to you much maybe the only time was is when they were going to have a event such as christmas party or golf ETC.
Pros
Good money, lots of hours Never anyone to stress you out.
Cons
Didn't have much say in working overtime when turnaround was started (38 days straight)
Good
This helped me expand my knowledge and allowed me to familiarise myself with airside and terminal operations. By monitoring various sectors of the airport, it enhanced my analytical and logical approach to problem solving whether it was customer based, staffing matters or department concerns.
Safety
Overall the job was very good and the team worked well together in order to keep the project moving forward in a healthy and safe maner.
A great place to start your career
Supportive management
A great place to start your career

Great wages
The people at Roevin work very hard at placement of people
Overall, a very good experience
The employee representing me in my placement was professional

and quick to respond to any questions or concerns during my tenure.
A good working Placement agency
It's a day to day's of working hard to update all documentation
pertaining to the project.
Roevin not bad, client was cut throat
Was hired for an entry level position where I was told all the training would be provided. That certainly was NOT the case. I was new, working with 'one' Sr. Controller who on a daily basis struggled with his work load that he didn't have any time to train me to effectively do my job. Brief instruction was given and I was left to my own devices on how to carry out a task from beginning to end. Some times being asked to do things that I have never done before or was shown very briefly 6 weeks ago that I never done myself. The management was non existent. No structure, support or leadership in the department. Then a month and a half later, I was let go with the excuse that I wasn't catching on fast enough and was compared to a summer student who come in and was so quick to learn and blah blah blah. Well ya know what... I would have too if I had a Sr. Controller sitting directly across from me who I could have asked questions to and aide in my learning all day for 8 days straight a shift. But the Sr. Controller quit leaving me without a dependable mentor. Whatever was asked of me, I did. So I not quit sure where the 'not catching on' bs came from. Just an excuse to cover for their own failure to provide and be able to provide adequate training to be a benefit to them. I have no respect for the department managers or the current Sr. Controller at this particular site. I was set up for failure from the get go!!! Very disappointing experience.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Poor management, no formal training provided, Sr Controller couldn't communicate his instructions clearly, not fluent in English
Excellent team to work with
Ensure incident reports are accurately recorded and entered in Shell’s software system FIM (Fountain Incident Management).
Maintain the incidents database in FIM and Silo Tracking spreadsheet

Quality check, transcriptions and scanning in FIM of the incident reports

Maintain direct communication with the HSE personnel to follow-up the closing in FIM of the recommendations generated after the incident report analysis

Document Control of the incidents in the AMEC`s files

Maintain and Control Person Protective Equipment (PPE)

Development of the Environmental Work Permits Database

Worked for them a short period of time.
Never will work for these people again. They committed to flying me back to my home and after I booked the ticket and got home they decide to not pay for my airfare. I was unfairly released by the client due to personal commitments and like all body shops they would not dare to challenge their client. Really making me think twice about working for any body shops in the future.
Pros
Pay check on time every week, The recruiter did seem to care but I guess his hands were tied.
Cons
Typical BS Body Shop, Cares for their clients, No worker Commitment, They only tell you the positives and leave out the negatives to get you on site.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roevin. Our community is ready to answer.