Rocky View Schools

Rocky View Schools Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews

Generally a great set of people in the schools I worked in

Staff at both schools I worked at were wonderful and you really felt included and part of the team. I only left because I was moving. The kids at my last position were absolutely adorable.

Pros

Relaxed and easy going atmosphere

Cons

Hard work, repetitive tasks

Very toxic

The staff at Rockyview schools is nothing but a bunch of snitches and tattletales and back stabbers, dealing with the children, are more mature than the adults, and the teachers, including the office staff

Pros

Free lunches sometimes if I get there in time

Cons

Not enough hours to do a proper job, then get chewed out the next day for not doing it all

Insights into Rocky View Schools

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Typical school board

Once your in all people talk about is their pensions and when they got to leave. Most people disliked their job and did a poor job but nobody every got let go. The pay was very low. Anyone that could be employed or do better elsewhere, left. Human resource department was an embarrassment with very few of them professional or even educated. Time in got you moved up the ladder (and if you were in the select group) very clicky. Not an enjoyable place to work.

Pros

Never get let go regardless of economy

Cons

Everything else

It why is a fun place to work really enjoy

It really great place to work staff in students with awesome totally enjoyed working with Rocky View School Board I definitely tell any of my friends this is the place to go work

Don’t waste your time

Don’t waste your time. They don’t value their employees and HR treats you very poorly. They will expect you to work many hours for free and take advantage of you. Super underpaid and unappreciated. Higher ups act like they are gods gift to the world and that others under then should worship the ground they walk on. Do yourself a favour and get a job elsewhere. Don’t even waste your time here. You’ll end up miserable.

Pros

Some good co workers

Cons

HR treats employees bad and handles things very poorly, underpaid, bad life/work balance, you end up working lots of hours for free

Fast paced

Fast paced environment, pay for all EA's is extlow compared to CBE. Not a livable wage most EA's work 2 jobs as full time is only 60 hours a pay cheque.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Low pay

Stressful, No job security, low salary, no benefits

Not paid for the experience and work completed. No benefits as they get away with doing a 'contract' even if you are full-time No job security as contract end every June and you have to reapply as funding is completed for each child with PUF

Pros

Good working conditions on average

Cons

Low pay, no job security, no benefits

Junior Volleyball Games

Working with Rockyview Schools allowed me to gain further professional experience even at a young age. I was able to practice proper reffing techniques in order to conduct these games in a fair, equitable way.

Support Staff have no opportunity to advance

It is a great job for someone with young children who would like the same holidays, but it is not a career with advancement opportunities. It can be very rewarding working with and helping children.

Great Culture

Rocky View Schools is a great place to work. My colleagues are amazing and we have a great team atmosphere. The atmosphere is relaxed but very professional at the same time. The HR team is dedicated to supporting the best interests of the students in the school.

Make sure you are sufficient on navigating the process ON YOUR OWN for any job task.

Lack of communication between departments is prevalent where they pass it onto the next person to ty to figure it out. Then when they find it’s an error on their part, it’s not their fault. I can only hope the individual schools are able to cope with this type of bureaucracy.

Hard to find a permanent position

I have and am currently enjoying my position as a substitute teacher with Rocky View Schools. It is very difficult to find a full time position as a teacher right now, so I am open to pursuing other avenues of work.

Excellent workplace, friendly students and staff

I enjoyed working with and around staff, students, and faculty of Rocky View Schools. Although I wasn't a paid employee, but more of a volunteer, I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

great board to work for

fantastic environment, supportive. hardest part is the most difficult students but that's what you've signed up for. Love the camaraderie among teachers and support staff

Varied

I worked at a few different schools within the Rockyview School Division. Some were great and some I would not want to work in again. This is where I learned that school admin makes all the difference in school atmosphere.

Pros

Variety

Cons

Not much choice

Interesting and new the same day

Has great benefits. requires a lot of flexibility and patience, great rewards when working with kids. Gives you summers off and when you have small children it works great with their schedule once they are in school.

Pros

summers off, a lot of holidays

Cons

not enough hours and not enough pay as you only really work 9 months a year.

casual and enjoyable, easy, but fast-paced

Great job especially if you are in high school. My co-workers at this particular location were all generally very nice and a lot of them went to the same school as me, so we shared a lot of stories and laughs about classes and school. My job included working tills, making ice-cream desserts, working drive thru, cleaning counters, taking out the trash, restocking items, busing tables, cleaning tables, and taking orders for ice-cream cakes. All of the asst. managers and the manager were so nice and made it a part of their job to know you. management was also super considerate when it came to what shifts you wanted and which you couldn't take. If you gave them a weeks notice, then you didn't have to work. I honestly loved that place. The only bad thing about that job is getting grumpy customers, but there isn't much you can really do about that.

Pros

occasional free sundaes, Blizzards, or peanut parfaits. 25%discount when you're not worknig, 50% discount when you are working up to an hour after/before shift

Cons

grumpy customers

forward thinking district

I worked with a solid team with diverse skills. Very supportive management/ administration and HR department. Teaching in Alberta has a lot of benefits including health and dental and family friendly work schedule

Pros

team environment

Cons

supervision

Fun workplace

I enjoy my time with the school every time I go in. The co-workers are very nice, management is very good and the best part is my communication with children. I enjoy supervising while teaching them how to be a better human being.

Pros

no lunchroom fee for my own children

Challenging and enjoyable carrer

The most important part of my job was the challenge and detailed work that it entailed. I enjoyed working with a variety of software applications and database systems. This allowed me to create a variety of documents/reports.

Pros

Using and learning a variety of software applications

Cons

After hour meetings (2-3 times a month)

Exceptional Learning Environment

Rocky View School Division offers many opportunities to learn, and accessibility to tools is ample. The staff is a team.

Pros

Working in education

Cons

Part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rocky View Schools. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement