Rocky View Schools

Rocky View Schools Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
It is a great job for someone with young children who would like the same holidays, but it is not a career with advancement opportunities. It can be very rewarding working with and helping children.
Not paid for the experience and work completed.
No benefits as they get away with doing a 'contract' even if you are full-time

No job security as contract end every June and you have to reapply as funding is completed for each child with PUF
Pros
Good working conditions on average
Cons
Low pay, no job security, no benefits
Working with Rockyview Schools allowed me to gain further professional experience even at a young age. I was able to practice proper reffing techniques in order to conduct these games in a fair, equitable way.
Rocky View Schools is a great place to work. My colleagues are amazing and we have a great team atmosphere. The atmosphere is relaxed but very professional at the same time. The HR team is dedicated to supporting the best interests of the students in the school.
Lack of communication between departments is prevalent where they pass it onto the next person to ty to figure it out.
Then when they find it’s an error on their part, it’s not their fault.

I can only hope the individual schools are able to cope with this type of bureaucracy.
I have and am currently enjoying my position as a substitute teacher with Rocky View Schools. It is very difficult to find a full time position as a teacher right now, so I am open to pursuing other avenues of work.
I enjoyed working with and around staff, students, and faculty of Rocky View Schools. Although I wasn't a paid employee, but more of a volunteer, I still thoroughly enjoyed it.
fantastic environment, supportive. hardest part is the most difficult students but that's what you've signed up for. Love the camaraderie among teachers and support staff
I worked at a few different schools within the Rockyview School Division. Some were great and some I would not want to work in again. This is where I learned that school admin makes all the difference in school atmosphere.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Not much choice
Has great benefits. requires a lot of flexibility and patience, great rewards when working with kids. Gives you summers off and when you have small children it works great with their schedule once they are in school.
Pros
summers off, a lot of holidays
Cons
not enough hours and not enough pay as you only really work 9 months a year.
Great job especially if you are in high school. My co-workers at this particular location were all generally very nice and a lot of them went to the same school as me, so we shared a lot of stories and laughs about classes and school. My job included working tills, making ice-cream desserts, working drive thru, cleaning counters, taking out the trash, restocking items, busing tables, cleaning tables, and taking orders for ice-cream cakes. All of the asst. managers and the manager were so nice and made it a part of their job to know you. management was also super considerate when it came to what shifts you wanted and which you couldn't take. If you gave them a weeks notice, then you didn't have to work. I honestly loved that place. The only bad thing about that job is getting grumpy customers, but there isn't much you can really do about that.
Pros
occasional free sundaes, Blizzards, or peanut parfaits. 25%discount when you're not worknig, 50% discount when you are working up to an hour after/before shift
Cons
grumpy customers
I worked with a solid team with diverse skills. Very supportive management/ administration and HR department. Teaching in Alberta has a lot of benefits including health and dental and family friendly work schedule
Pros
team environment
Cons
supervision
I enjoy my time with the school every time I go in. The co-workers are very nice, management is very good and the best part is my communication with children. I enjoy supervising while teaching them how to be a better human being.
Pros
no lunchroom fee for my own children
The most important part of my job was the challenge and detailed work that it entailed. I enjoyed working with a variety of software applications and database systems. This allowed me to create a variety of documents/reports.
Pros
Using and learning a variety of software applications
Cons
After hour meetings (2-3 times a month)
Rocky View School Division offers many opportunities to learn, and accessibility to tools is ample. The staff is a team.
Pros
Working in education
Cons
Part time