ROCKY VIEW COUNTY
ROCKY VIEW COUNTY Employee Review

Great people and great opportunities to learn

12 June 2020
Work hours are generally 8 am to 430 pm with an hour for lunch. There is a really nice and large lunch room in the basement and patio tables for use in the summer. there is also a fitness room and lockers rooms for employees to use.
Lots of big windows to let natural light in at the workplace.

There is a collaborative spirit to serve the residents of the community. Management was always encouraging of learning opportunities and kept employees well-informed by email and meetings/town halls.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was when a client would thank me for helping them resolve an issue they had.
Pros
Lots of activities to get involved in, collaborative environment
Cons
For some people the drive was a con but that didn't affect me
13 June 2020
Same location
HR Recruiter (Former Employee) - Rocky View, AB
Busy and fast-paced. Loved the work. Great team. I learned plenty in that role and am grateful the chance to tackle new tasks. I miss it and would go back in a heart-beat if I could.
Pros
Location and the walking path for fresh air and exercise - Mountain View
Cons
Once in a while it was too silent in the work environment
28 March 2020
Truck Driver (Former Employee) - Rocky View County
The people you work with are great , the lead hands great but the clowns in the office are about as bright as a three watt light bulb blown That is in the road Maintenance Dept.
19 February 2020
Truck Driver (Former Employee) - Balzac, AB
working with the crew members was a pleasure, guys would help each other out and there was no stressful situations for any of the tasks set out by management. The workers were the best part of that municipality, they have the knowledge and experience to make every task more enjoyable and great to be be apart of.

when I first started, management was good but not the best that I have worked for. Over time of working there management when from good to worse, they stopped caring for the workers and the tasks. They seemed like if they had no work orders they were at a loss of what the next day tasks would be. If you had an opinion to maybe help try and change tasks for the better they would just pass it off or toss it away.

Management would make wasteful decisions and be unorganized at times. They have made decisions that I considered unsafe for the public, witch made it hard to work for them. If this was a private company the managers would have been tossed to the curb a long time ago.