ROCKY VIEW COUNTY
ROCKY VIEW COUNTY Employee Review

Fun place to work

28 March 2020
The people you work with are great , the lead hands great but the clowns in the office are about as bright as a three watt light bulb blown That is in the road Maintenance Dept.
19 February 2020
Same role
Truck Driver (Former Employee) - Balzac, AB
working with the crew members was a pleasure, guys would help each other out and there was no stressful situations for any of the tasks set out by management. The workers were the best part of that municipality, they have the knowledge and experience to make every task more enjoyable and great to be be apart of.

when I first started, management was good but not the best that I have worked for. Over time of working there management when from good to worse, they stopped caring for the workers and the tasks. They seemed like if they had no work orders they were at a loss of what the next day tasks would be. If you had an opinion to maybe help try and change tasks for the better they would just pass it off or toss it away.

Management would make wasteful decisions and be unorganized at times. They have made decisions that I considered unsafe for the public, witch made it hard to work for them. If this was a private company the managers would have been tossed to the curb a long time ago.
12 March 2018
Same role
truck driver (Former Employee) - balzac, ab
Greatest job ever, but the management team in Roads Maintenance consists of bullies. If they decide suddenly they don't love you anymore or if you challenge their management style they will push you out. 1-week rotation of shift work in the winter. Discrimination is rampant. If you aren't a sycophant don't bother applying here. If you're quirky don't apply here. If you're an introvert don't apply here. If quality sleep is a priority for you, again, don't do it!
Pros
co-workers mostly great
13 June 2020
HR Recruiter (Former Employee) - Rocky View, AB
Busy and fast-paced. Loved the work. Great team. I learned plenty in that role and am grateful the chance to tackle new tasks. I miss it and would go back in a heart-beat if I could.
Pros
Location and the walking path for fresh air and exercise - Mountain View
Cons
Once in a while it was too silent in the work environment