ROCKY VIEW COUNTY

ROCKY VIEW COUNTY Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
working with the crew members was a pleasure, guys would help each other out and there was no stressful situations for any of the tasks set out by management. The workers were the best part of that municipality, they have the knowledge and experience to make every task more enjoyable and great to be be apart of.

when I first started, management was good but not the best that I have worked for. Over time of working there management when from good to worse, they stopped caring for the workers and the tasks. They seemed like if they had no work orders they were at a loss of what the next day tasks would be. If you had an opinion to maybe help try and change tasks for the better they would just pass it off or toss it away.

Management would make wasteful decisions and be unorganized at times. They have made decisions that I considered unsafe for the public, witch made it hard to work for them. If this was a private company the managers would have been tossed to the curb a long time ago.
Busy and fast-paced. Loved the work. Great team. I learned plenty in that role and am grateful the chance to tackle new tasks. I miss it and would go back in a heart-beat if I could.
Pros
Location and the walking path for fresh air and exercise - Mountain View
Cons
Once in a while it was too silent in the work environment
Work hours are generally 8 am to 430 pm with an hour for lunch. There is a really nice and large lunch room in the basement and patio tables for use in the summer. there is also a fitness room and lockers rooms for employees to use.
Lots of big windows to let natural light in at the workplace.

There is a collaborative spirit to serve the residents of the community. Management was always encouraging of learning opportunities and kept employees well-informed by email and meetings/town halls.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was when a client would thank me for helping them resolve an issue they had.
Pros
Lots of activities to get involved in, collaborative environment
Cons
For some people the drive was a con but that didn't affect me
The people you work with are great , the lead hands great but the clowns in the office are about as bright as a three watt light bulb blown That is in the road Maintenance Dept.
When asked to complete a specific task I was told not to talk to anyone or to go through any of the obvious channels to collect needed information. All available information was highly outdated therefore not allowing for suitable completion of task.

Often received similar tasks with vague instructions.... and then they tied my hands behind my back (not literally obviously) making it impossible to complete the task.

Also, refused to provide feedback when asked making it difficult to adjust or correct future work for the purpose of improvement was very difficult if not impossible.
Rocky View County has been a great employer, especially within Fire Services. You are treated really well, and the organization is made of great people! I am always excited to go to work!

I would definitely recommend working for the County Fire Services, if a career in firefighting is a goal. I love my job.
I enjoyed every summer I worked there. People were great. doing 10 hour days where hard to do but getting 3 days off a week made it so worth it. i would trade for the schedule in a min.
Inept management, rampant nepotism, promotions based on seniority &not based on who is fit for the position. Thriving gossip mill & underlying racist tendencies.
'Fear' is how the corporate culture could be defined and flows from top-down. Apathy/resentment permeates the entire organization.

Grandfathered staff have many perks...new hires get nearly none and since benefits have been stripped over the years, you will never get the same perks regardless of how long you work there.
Pros
stable work
Cons
fear and loathing
The management of Rockyview County is worse than poor. Constant bullying, change to working practices, shift and conditions. Limited room for advancement as a free mind seems to scare them. Suggestions for improvement are seen as ‘being a keener’. If you value your self respect, steer clear.
Pros
The health benefits package
Cons
Too many to list
On the whole the quality of the organization is quite replete with exilarating caricatures. To meet them is to know them, and thus going forward you find yourself....
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Greatest job ever, but the management team in Roads Maintenance consists of bullies. If they decide suddenly they don't love you anymore or if you challenge their management style they will push you out. 1-week rotation of shift work in the winter. Discrimination is rampant. If you aren't a sycophant don't bother applying here. If you're quirky don't apply here. If you're an introvert don't apply here. If quality sleep is a priority for you, again, don't do it!
Pros
co-workers mostly great
always enjoyed getting up and going to work. New what i was going to be doing the next day and there was always a new task to accomplish. the hours were a little early but that was more than okay.
This company has the worst management I have ever come across. They hire you as a contract employee and lead you on with 3 month contracts for years with promises of raises, and getting on "full time" - which is considered the ultimate gift from god in their eyes. The management is useless, and it amazed me that they were capable of keeping their jobs and the charade up. Leaving multiple times a day to "pick up the dogs" or buy four 26s of Crown Royal - he was witnessed during noon hour walking into the liquor store on a Monday and walking out with such. The whole bunch of them walk around like they are God, himself, and have zero respect for their employees. Do you want to be treated like you are 4 years old again, and start to doubt yourself on behalf of the way the bosses treat you, and make next to nothing? Then I encourage you to apply to Rocky View County. If you are a hard worker, and easy to walk all over - you're bound to get the job!
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
They promise overtime but don't follow through, corrupt, wastes so much money, no advancement, zero respect
The salary was pretty good and the work schedule was great; it was predictable with good hours. You rarely worked overtime and never worked on holidays. The training is pretty nice, I learned a lot about how to use equipment and other work procedures. My coworkers were fun to work with and our teamwork was awesome. Management is horrendous, though...no communication, no promotions, no respect. Aside from that, I didn't mind working for this company. I might return if they decide to be more respectful of staff.
Pros
Good pay, fair work schedule, teamwork environment
Cons
Poor management, no communication, no advancement/promotions
Awesome place to work.Great people and good orgainization.