Rocky Mountaineer

Rocky Mountaineer Employee Reviews in Kamloops, BC

Kamloops, BC10 reviews
My position was that of 'problem solving' and 'assistant' for both station managers and guests. Fast paced at times and slower at others - the learning (training) aspect when first hired could be refined to make it easier for both supervisors and us as new hires - but patience is needed and by end of first season, typically, a Lead Destination Host will feel more comfortable in the position.
If you love to help people and work in team. Rocky Mountaineer is the best place to be. All the managers are very friendly and respectful. They understand your situation and position to help you.
A Lead Destination Host's job consists of constant problem solving, to do with calling Hotels/ Taxis/ Hospital/ Guests. I love being able to close loops/ solve problems for other people. The hardest part of the job is making sure things go smoothly. Once you get the hang of it, though, it gets a lot easier.
Pros
Waffle Thursday Mornings!
Cons
There are a lot of team members, so it can be very part-time
Not much training needed. You spend every shift moving and lifting. Not bad. People are very welcoming. Never had a problem working here. Good in my opinion.
Pros
Heavy lifting
Cons
Heavy lifting
Overall the company seems to care more about their guests then the employees. Front line employees are paid peanuts and have to take the fall for any errors
Pros
Flexible hours, free trip after two years of service, occasional dinner
Cons
Pay isn't great
Really enjoyed my time with Rocky, the management is exceptional and I will definitely be returning next year. Loved the working crew as well as the onboard hosts!
Good bunch of people to work with. Work at a steady pace. Reasonably safe place to work. Paid lunch breaks. You work nights with working 12 hours for three nights with four days off in the running season. Off season work days 10 hours for four days.Not much overtime. If you want a job locally in Kamloops where money not a concern with time off to do things then the job is for you.
Pros
Work 3 12 hour nights a week
Cons
Pay not up to industry standard for HVAC. RSP not that great.
A great place to work. A leader in its class, glad to have been part of it.
Hardest part of the job. Seasonal. Stop work during winter. Trains don't like deep snow very much.

Mainly night shift that rotated to day shift towards the end of the season.
Pros
Great management and staff.
Cons
Wages are terrible but they mostly all are in Canada.
Hard dependable people and I've learned lots from the amount of team work that was destributed
I learned how sort out emptys and wash outside/inside windows.

It was kinda like an night shift because i worked from 7pm to 4 or 5am.

The partner I worked with showed me what to do.

The hardest part was workin until 4 or 5am.

I enjoyed the whole job because it was me.
Pros
got payed the same day
Cons
longest day but i did not mind at all