Rocky Mountaineer
Rocky Mountaineer Employee Review

Tough but good

28 March 2020
Extremely tough job but it gets easier with time. Lots of fun. Awesome people to work with. Awesome clientele. You are away for 4 days a week so that can take a toll on you.
17 February 2020
Same roleSame location
Luggage Host (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
The company is understaffed in certain departments, and overstaffed in others. Inexperienced management with poor communication between the various managers. Poor communication from managers to staff, we were unaware of rules until we were written up for breaking them. Very poor recognition and appreciation for hard work in luggage department. Poor sense of teamwork between different departments. Low pay, especially considering hours and difficulty of work tasks. Often rushed, poor time management, given no extra time for significantly larger passenger counts, (over 300% increase in passenger size with no extra time).
12 February 2020
Same role
Destination Host (Former Employee) - Kamloops, BC
If you love to help people and work in team. Rocky Mountaineer is the best place to be. All the managers are very friendly and respectful. They understand your situation and position to help you.
7 August 2020
Same location
1st Cook (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
Loved my Rocky family!! Met some truly amazing people!! Some of the sites I saw were so breathtaking and I'm so happy I took the chance to try the train!!
Pros
Beautiful sites
Cons
Confined space