Rocky Mountain Soap Co. Employee Reviews

Amazing workplace with super fun people!
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2019
A day at Rocky is never the same. You end up meeting the best customers and you help them with a fun, kind and supportive group of co-workers! I wish i could stay with Rocky forever! Everyone in the company is amazing!
Pros
Finding lifelong friends
Amazing place to work!
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB2 November 2018
This was the best place I have ever worked. Everyone was so friendly, welcoming and helpful when I started. Management was so informative, encouraging and friendly. They truly care about their employees and it shows.
Great growing team with fun culture
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Canmore, AB25 September 2018
Rarely a repetitive day at the workshop, always a new challenge. Got a chance to experience many different departments and work in interdepartmental teams. Culture is very positive and focuses on growing as a team. The only downside is the salary and benefits, standard for Canmore but much lower than nearby Calgary and considering the cost of living...you must do it for the love of the lifestyle (living in the beautiful Rocky Mountains)
Pros
Cons
Salary
Great until you realize they're all fake!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Southgate Centre19 August 2018
The company pays very little, does not reward hard work. They preach their "values" but when it comes down to it they only live it on the surface. It's all for face value! They talk about building "genuine" relationships but in fact, there is not 1 genuine employee I've met since working here. Watch your back, they will trick you into thinking they are the worlds best company but you'll be surprised if you've worked there long enough the kind of garbage you uncover!. Highly do not recommend their fake culture.
Pros
Product discounts, store smells good
Cons
People, culture, lies!
Great Place to Work. Love the Culture.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
This is an extremely positive place to work. Rocky has a fabulous cohesive team environment. Everyone who works for the company is very motivated to get you on board with their branding and get you up to date with all of the latest company info. They are extremely ethical and respond quickly to any concerns you may have. They also offer flexible scheduling and a fun fast paced retail experience with customer service as an extreme sport being one of their mandates. If you love all natural and want to be part of the toxin free movement than this job is for you.
Fun environment
ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2017
Good place to work, very relax environment to be in.

Good monthly incentives for staff to encourage promoting the visions of the company. Also gives a little friendly competition between staff.
Pros
free products when returned
Relaxed work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2017
Amazing culture and company to be part of. Tight knit with lots of head office assistance to the branch stores in other locations makes it feel less vertical and more horizontal in its management style. Fairly stress free and lots of cool benefits of being part of the family!
Pros
Discounted product
Cons
Some employees are a bit catty
High energy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC31 July 2017
Really great place to work if you love working with customers who have similar interests as yourself. The store smells good all the time. Fun place to work.
Low pay for hard work
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Canmore, AB28 October 2016
This company for some reason has a good reputation as an employer. However as anyone who makes the mistake of working there would likely warn you, it's a high stakes company that essentially divides its employees and breeds mistrust.
The pay is meagre unless you're an executive or the owners. They act like they care, but in the end it's a ruse. Its definitely a profits before people kind of place. If they can use you, they will.
I do not recommend this company as an employer. Too bad...
Pros
Flexible schedule for some
Cons
Low pay, bullying managers
Great idea for a company, but too many hiccups happen
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Metrotown, BC2 September 2016
The company is great to work for as they have a good competitive wage, benefits, and flexible schedule however management seems to be an issue. Not enough duties or tasks assignment which causes a lot of boredom throughout the day. Management only works set schedule, hard to maintain good work/life balance as you work a lot of long shifts in the evening. Customers are great and make the job worth it.
same as the last
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 March 2016
same as the last .... .... .... .... .... .... not much job advancement
great location close to transit and skytrain
%100 guaranteed return policy, with receipt or without
Great Products Great Staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 March 2016
Fun to go to work. Love the products and am proud to sell them
Management helps promote lifestyle. Not too busy, customers are always happy.
Safe, fun and a respectful atmosphere.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Canmore, Alberta13 August 2014
A typical day ay Rocky was working hard making the line of soaps, salts, and anything else that was in the inventory, enjoying a good laugh with co-workers while being safe and conscious of others around. I learned a whole new career, how to be patient and get along and respect others. Management was always encouraging and if mistakes were made, they understood we were human. They would tell us what we needed to improve on be it speed, quality or others. Then they would tell us what we were doing right! The hardest part of the job for me was the sit down jobs as I really love to slug it out and be physical! The most enjoyable part of the job for me was, cleaning up after a physical day, feeling proud of my accomplishments and to boot the Managers thanking us for our effort every day!
Pros
Free Pizza Lunches once per month, Profit Sharing, Kind people and amazing culture, to name a few of many!
Cons
Long walk to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rocky Mountain Soap Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

Rocky Mountain Soap Co. Reviews by Location