Rocky Mountain Equipment

Rocky Mountain Equipment Employee Reviews for Mechanic

Mechanic6 reviews
Canada6 reviews
Where to start, oh management is always a awesome kicker for that as a tech went through many service managers within a year, they all saw better grass growing elsewhere,
Training does NOT exist except for computer training, take very basic courses and that’s it, and remember corporate says there’s training, just not for you and management doesn’t believe in training yet. And backstabbing always backstabbing some how some way.

Fhp days are no longer unless you use your vacation (which management will force you to use even when you have it booked for other time off)

Efficiency, yep they demand 100% even if there is no work at the time, there math is horrible for the calculation too, shop time counts against you even if your doing maintenance . Management nitpicks the dumbest ways to improve that .001%
Pros
Some people, pay, benefits (sometimes)
Cons
Old boys clubs, high turnover, dead most times then stupid busy. Management
they want you all the time when they are busy but wants you to take time off when they are slow.
if you like working a lot in the summer than this is your place..
very friendly co-workers and management, good place to be and all of your co-workers are very knowledgeable in what they do. very positive work environment with all the required resources.
Pros
great people
Cons
variable hours
Official response from Rocky Mountain Equipment
10 September 2019
Thanks for your feedback about RME's work environment. We absolutely agree that all of our staff are knowledgeable and friendly. This creates a great environment for our employees to work and grow within !
They pay their journeymen mechanics about $8/hour LESS than other shops in town/around town. They do not encourage advancement, or reward hard workers. They look for excuses to fire people, and there is a high turnover.

Would NOT recommend working for RME. It was a good place to work back when it was Case IH, but not any longer. Going public made the company go downhill.

They are posting a starting wage of $32.72, but a journeyman with 5+ years with them is being paid $32.00 currently.
Official response from Rocky Mountain Equipment
10 September 2019
Hello,
Thank you for your review.

We appreciate the time it took to give RME this feedback regarding best practices.

If you would like to discuss your experience further please email hr@rockymtn.com
for me was an very bad experience because the environment was not i spectated nobady talk every one at his own busines and was very hard for me because i usually try to be gentle and nice but not al people where that including the mannager
Pros
just 8 hours a day
Cons
enviroment betwen employees
As a experienced CNH mechanic, I thought the job sounded good. Severely disappointed. It's who you are, not what you do that counts. Constant belittling, management posting rework against your jobs, when caused by their pet employees. Offered full benefits, but wouldn't inform how to access them. Had an injury in the yard, with blood pouring off my head, and service manager berating me for being idle.. Had apprentices that baited journeyman, as they knew they were untouchable..the list goes on. Saw three journeyman move on in six months.. sadly cannot recommend this company in any way.
Pros
Going home at end of day.
Cons
Arriving at work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rocky Mountain Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9