Rocky Mountain Equipment

Rocky Mountain Equipment Employee Reviews for Agricultural Equipment Technician

Agricultural Equipment Technician5 reviews
Canada5 reviews
To many people with ideas that are out of touch with the customers and the employees, especially the service and parts techs.
You have to fight for the the wage you can get tooth and nail, every time I was reviewed they were happy with performance but could not give more money to to economy, other employees, monthly budgets etc..

bonus system out of touch,now replaced with system that is meant to drive service sales whether machinery needs it or not.

Poor out of store management, not personable.
Pros
Good benefits, decent rsp match program.
Cons
Poor leadership outside of the store you’re in. Skilled tradespeople, are not considered an asset, as they should be.
Official response from Rocky Mountain Equipment
10 September 2019
Thank you for your rating and comment. We appreciate all feedback that allows us to prosper as a company!
If you would like to discuss any issues or concerns please email HR@rockymtn.com
Fun place to work and good experience, Did my most of my apprentice there, long hours in the spring and fall, Good nice big shop to work in, good benefits
It is a good workplace, where the worker should not need much supervision, must have enough of his own tool for the performance of routine activities, and be willing to work based on a schedule of tasks at specific times. In general, there are good relationships between co-workers and supervisors, and sometimes the culture of safety is promoted in the development of all activities involved with the service.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Located one hour away from the city
I very much enjoyed my time here, though it was only temporary as a summer job between my first and second years of College. I learned a lot in the short time I was there and would highly recommend that location to anyone who is hard working.
Official response from Rocky Mountain Equipment
10 September 2019
Thank you for your kind words ! We are glad you chose RME as your summer employer!
I get up @ 7am, get breakfast and head to work for 8am. When there there is not alot to do as there is a much more productive John Deere dealership across the road which is flat out. Most of my day is spent clocked in as 'unapplied'. I would much rather be busy as the day is way too long twiddling your thumbs!
Cons
40 hour week...
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rocky Mountain Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9