Rocky Mountain Equipment

Rocky Mountain Equipment Employee Reviews

Canada73 reviews
Downhill from here.
Chasing money and money only and f...k the consequences. None of their words have meaning, it's all about bottom line. Long gone from this company, but not long before they are gone.
27 May 2020
Rocky Mountain Equipment prides itself on being able to help our customers in the communities that we have dealerships in. Being profitable is important to RME as in any sound business we must retain jobs in the communities we operate in so we may continue to invest in our employees and the communities we service. We encourage you to visit our community investment page at https://rockymtn.com/community-investment/
low pay
There was some good people to work with, pay was usually below market for almost all positions, no room for advancement and turnover was high though..
Rocky is like a family friendly environment. People have worked there for a long time. Everyone is supportive. Rocky also has good management. The company is able to survive economic downturns through the years.
Have worked at 10 places throughout my career and this place was by far the most poorly managed. Company is based soley on bean counters at the top.
Company management has no clue what is happening at branch level. Willing to drive away customers due to their ignorance and gouging of customers. Branch managers have no accountability for their actions so they abuse it and come to work or leave at their convenience.
27 May 2020
RME senior management boasts a diverse background of experience in Finance, Operations, After Market support and Operations support. Rocky Mountain Equipment appreciates feedback of any issues from both current and former employees. If you’d like to discuss this further, please call (403) 265-7364.
Toxic Environment
Lies from all levels of management begin in your initial interview. If you make the mistake of showing up for day one you will not be greeted. Show yourself to an office where you won't be discovered until you make some noise. Then you will be told your laptop and cell phone should arrive in the next week or so. Show up to work the next number of days and be given no direction. Walk around and waste time. Maybe the manager will tell you to go and ask a farmer if they'd allow you on their farm to learn how Rocky's products work. Once the laptop and cell phone arrive, congrats now you're really on your own. Show up each Monday for a soul crushingly depressing "sales meeting" If you do manage to find a farmer who doesn't despise Rocky Mtn and would consider looking at some pricing, good luck because now the hard work begins. Any equipment you want to quote, is broken. Any price in the system, is wrong. Get the advertised price signed by a farmer and upper management will decline the offer for no known reason. Needless to say, the toughest part of the job is getting management to help in any way. They will do every possible thing to make selling anything as hard as humanly possible. If you do manage to sell anything there's a good chance you'll just be paying the company back for the money they "loaned" you for the previous 6 months of no sales made. They don't pay minimum wage. If you get the "new" payplan, you get minimum wage plus 50% of the regular commission. This literally makes it impossible to reach 40,000 a year.
Pros
The day you find another job and are able to drop your stuff off
Cons
Signing on to work here
13 April 2020
The last Sales Consultant to leave the Vegreville branch was in May of 2019. Rocky Mountain Equipment prides itself on its employee onboarding and provides new Salesmen -Technical and Territory management training. The Rocky Mountain Equipment location in Vegreville has been a staple in the town for over 20 years and has seen plenty of success. We have long tenured staff members in all 3 departments at our Vegreville dealership that have all contributed to our successes in Vegreville.
Fun Workplace
Great company to work for. Fast paced work environment. Best customers ever. Big player in the Ag industry. many of the employees have been with the company over 10 years.
Can’t keep employees
The company can’t keep employees for a reason. The actual store managers and coworkers are good but the district management is terrible. Best practices are not followed and harassment is a real thing here. It’s sad that they don’t do more for their employees.
27 May 2020
Rocky Mountain Equipment takes issues involving harassment and employee safety extremely seriously. RME has an Anti-Harassment policy in place and harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited at Rocky Mountain Equipment. Incidents involving those can lead to punishments including job terminations and/or legal action. Any employee whom feels they have been a target of such behavior are asked to come forward and state their concerns to their supervisor or upper management.
A productive work place
It is a good workplace, where the worker should not need much supervision, must have enough of his own tool for the performance of routine activities, and be willing to work based on a schedule of tasks at specific times. In general, there are good relationships between co-workers and supervisors, and sometimes the culture of safety is promoted in the development of all activities involved with the service.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Located one hour away from the city
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rocky Mountain Equipment?
The story so far
Where to start, oh management is always a awesome kicker for that as a tech went through many service managers within a year, they all saw better grass growing elsewhere,
Training does NOT exist except for computer training, take very basic courses and that’s it, and remember corporate says there’s training, just not for you and management doesn’t believe in training yet. And backstabbing always backstabbing some how some way.

Fhp days are no longer unless you use your vacation (which management will force you to use even when you have it booked for other time off)

Efficiency, yep they demand 100% even if there is no work at the time, there math is horrible for the calculation too, shop time counts against you even if your doing maintenance . Management nitpicks the dumbest ways to improve that .001%
Pros
Some people, pay, benefits (sometimes)
Cons
Old boys clubs, high turnover, dead most times then stupid busy. Management
Very poor company to work for always changing job roles getting unskilled management to try to run areas
Poor company nobody stays long management turn over very high Fhp days now taken away
They always try to change structure and it never works need a major upper management change to try and get customer service back
Pros
Cons
Constantly getting pressure never ever any positive feedback
Terrible co workers and management
The co workers there treat you like your scum on the bottom of there shoes. They all think there the best there can be. Management is unorganized, half corrupt and has there favourites. You can work there with an end goal of going higher but won’t receive it. Not in Vegreville at least
27 May 2020
Rocky Mountain Equipment has a standard of ethics and conduct which ALL employees are required to adhere to. Anyone found performing fraudulent activities will be subject to progressive discipline up to including termination and/or legal action. Any employees that observe suspicious behaviour from a co-worker are encouraged to report such behaviour to RME’s confidence line.
its a job
they want you all the time when they are busy but wants you to take time off when they are slow.
if you like working a lot in the summer than this is your place..
not much room for advancement
unless someone leaves, you don't move up.
not great at sharing job info from other depts.

tried to get to know other jobs in the branch and this was not well received.
Lots of turnover as they restructure every two years
Good benefits, wages are bellow industry average. High turn over due to poor training and leadership direction. Every two years there is a large restructuring were people loose their job and more work load for current employees.
27 May 2020
RME conducts compensation benchmarking at least once per year -by role -using multiple external salary guides and participate in market wage surveys. RME’s current turnover % is the lowest the company has had in 4 years.
Great team
I very much enjoyed my time here, though it was only temporary as a summer job between my first and second years of College. I learned a lot in the short time I was there and would highly recommend that location to anyone who is hard working.
10 September 2019
Thank you for your kind words ! We are glad you chose RME as your summer employer!
A growing company, finding it's place and rhythm.
Working at RME has been amazing and continues to be an opportunity from my personal experience. The best part is the opportunity to showcase and grow.
10 September 2019
Thank your for your feedback ! Working at RME is an amazing opportunity to showcase all experience and to grow within a expanding company.
RME works hard to make sure we provide all employees with opportunities to learn, grow and further develop!

Please feel free to contact HR or your manager about any other opportunities for growth or development that RME can offer!
Great Management Support
Working in Service management we have a great support team within the corporation. They do everything they can to support us and make sure we don't burn out in season peaks. Its a challenging job but thanks to the support it's manageable.
10 September 2019
Thank you for your rating and comment !
If you would like to discuss any issues or concerns please email HR@rockymtn.com
A dedicated employee
Staff turnover is always high - there is a reason for this and management must take a look at what is causing this. To constantly advertise, hire and train is costly to the company and we all suffer due to this expense.(re:no money for raises) and yet the executive team always receive their big bonuses. Lack of training especially for new employees is a blemish on our company ... and expectations are high and benefits are low. RME needs to value people over profits ... Staff are not trained in the 'customer experience' and again we fail in this area miserably. We do not have one woman in our HR dept. and please do not consider the Training assistant as an HR staff member. Lets become a real company and its time to impress our staff and not only the investors. Thanks for your time.
10 September 2019
Thank you for your comment. RME appreciates all feedback from employees regarding staffing issues and perception.
RME is a equal opportunity employer and pride ourselves on hiring the best candidate for every position.

If you would like to discuss any issues or concerns regarding staffing, please email HR@rockymtn.com
I've been with RME for a few years now and I have yet to say the words 'I hate my job'. I absolutely love working here, I love the people I work with - including those at our branches! - and the atmosphere. There is a lot of support when it comes to Management and opportunities to grow within our roles, enhance our education and advance our skills. While there are times that are a bit quieter (which is common in our industry depending on the season), I have never had a day that was the same. Every day is something different, something new, so my job is never boring.
10 September 2019
Thank you so much for you great comment ! We appreciate your hard work and dedication to RME!
Work in Progress
RME is improving, but has a long way to go. The management team means well, but they lack basic leadership skills. You can easily be seen as a resource that is used then tossed out. The culture is still evolving and needs more work. It is a sales organization and so they look at everything as a deal, "whats in it for me" instead of looking at how to grow and develop their people.

They are big on flexibility, but don't focus on work life balance in the sense that they don't worry about your family, just what you do for them.
10 September 2019
Hello ! Thank you for your comment.
RME appreciates all types of feedback that allow us to develop and grow as a company.

If you would like to discuss any concerns you may have further, please reach out to HR !
Rocky Mountain Equipment
Great people to work with and everyone gets along fine. Would like more training time as there is a lot of paperwork required. Management is good and recognizes your extra efforts. Hardest part is the paper flow and a manual would be a great help. The best part is our customers who stop just to say hi and have a coffee. Nice to just chat and see how other people are doing.
10 September 2019
Thank you for your rating and comment !
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rocky Mountain Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9