Rocky Mountain Equipment Employee Reviews

Terrible corporate management. Money is the primary focus and customer service is very low on the list. Employee morale extremely low.
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Alberta29 January 2019
Corporate structure designed to divide the company up between sales, parts and service. Not a team environment at all, it’s each department for itself. Store Management (service mgrs and parts mgrs) is poorly trained for their positions and the corporate management is focused only on financial gains. They do not provide support to the in branch managers. Customer support and service is terrible as trained technicians in both parts and service do not stay with the company for very long. This company can not retain experienced staff due to the corporate attitude that trickles down from the very top, financial greed.
Pros
Most locations are newer construction
Cons
Wages, lack of training, poor management, low morale, greedy corporate culture
Great place to work for hard working & driven individuals
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Grimshaw, AB17 January 2019
Have worked here for 6 years now; started as a 1st year apprentice and am now in management. High demand for service employees during spring/fall, but during summer/winter there's no issues getting time off. With that being said, even when I had a child born during harvest I had no issues getting 2 weeks off to spend time at home with my family. The company has always looked after me, and the employees I'm responsible for.
Pros
Reward/recognize hard work & commitment, opportunity to move up the ladder, competitive wages
Cons
High demand for hours during spring/fall
No support from management.
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB16 December 2018
I always thought RME was a great company but then I worked for them. Considering they are a Calgary based company I thought I wouldn't get treated like a number in their home branch. Nope, I was wrong. I got my apprenticeship but I had to fight management regularly for it. I got zero support from management and HR. All management did was belittle me. My experience with the employees was great and the job culture was nothing more then ok. On top of everything their building is old and always had problems. I will not recommend this company to anyone who is interested in working in the heavy equipment industry.
Pros
Great employees to work with
Cons
Terrable Managemant
Good to work for
Service technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 October 2018
Great place to work. Good people in the stores. Sometimes upper corporate management likes to micromanage some things and ignore other issues. But overall good to work for.
Pros
paid on call
Cons
micromanagement
Ok place
worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 September 2018
Nice people to work with, moved a lot of jobs to calgary. Benefits were average. More concerned with getting new branches and divisions than taking care of the ones they have.
Company is top heavy.
Agricultural Machinery Technician (Former Employee) –  Moosomin, SK13 September 2018
To many people with ideas that are out of touch with the customers and the employees, especially the service and parts techs.
You have to fight for the the wage you can get tooth and nail, every time I was reviewed they were happy with performance but could not give more money to to economy, other employees, monthly budgets etc..
bonus system out of touch,now replaced with system that is meant to drive service sales whether machinery needs it or not.
Poor out of store management, not personable.
Pros
Good benefits, decent rsp match program.
Cons
Poor leadership outside of the store you’re in. Skilled tradespeople, are not considered an asset, as they should be.
Terrible place to work if you hold any value to your free time
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB13 July 2018
If you value your free time and having any type of work/life balance this is not the place to work. If you don’t have a life and want to make a bunch of money, these guys will work the bag off you and give zero appreciation for it. Work more hours than legally required, take a day off after working nearly 2 months straight without any time to yourself and you will lose your job for standing up the manager. I do not recommend working here at all. Get an apprenticeship started, and get out of there soon as you complete it.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Zero job security, you are just a number to this place.
Does NOT value their employees
Journeyman Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 February 2018
They pay their journeymen mechanics about $8/hour LESS than other shops in town/around town. They do not encourage advancement, or reward hard workers. They look for excuses to fire people, and there is a high turnover.

Would NOT recommend working for RME. It was a good place to work back when it was Case IH, but not any longer. Going public made the company go downhill.

They are posting a starting wage of $32.72, but a journeyman with 5+ years with them is being paid $32.00 currently.
I like it.
Receptionist/Shipper Receiver (Current Employee) –  Grimshaw, AB17 January 2018
So far, I really enjoy working for Rocky.
There have been some bumps in the road but every job has those. The management and staff are pretty easy to get along with, and no when and when not to have fun.
Pros
Flexible hours, staff BBQs, Friendly environment, full time hours 24/7.
Cons
Slow seasons make for lay offs.
Ok
Manager (Current Employee) –  prairies15 January 2018
Good place to work.

Been a long time employee and there are nuerous good things about RME. As with any company there are also bad things, but i am yet to work for a company that does not have flaws.

RME has been good to me in my career, but if you not farmiliar with a corporate company i would entice you to do your research on what it is like to work for a corporate publically traded company.
Pros
Benefits and salary
Cons
Uncertainty
great company
Parts tech (Former Employee) –  Boissevain, MB2 November 2017
good company to work for room for growth and advancement well know large agriculture company. good people, knowlegable, training great safety usually taken care of in a reasonable time framed
Very nice place to work!
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Grimshaw, AB14 October 2017
I am currently employed at RME, and it's by far the best job I've had so far. The staff is very easy to get along with, you get tons of hours, and it's an upbeat, positive work place. If you're looking for a job where you won't mind actually getting out of bed in the morning, this is it. This company finds new ways to challenge their employees by providing new tasks and jobs on the daily. RME takes strategic actions on with a smile every single day, and dependable IS really what they do. Wouldn't rather work anywhere else!
Pros
Lots of OT during harvest, staff BBQ every month, pay is great, lots to keep you busy during the busy season, etc.
Cons
Sometimes you have long days.
Great place to work with a friendly and supportive environment
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2017
Started with the company not to long ago and the experience has been amazing so far. Everybody is quite supportive and helps each other out to accomplish our day-to-day goals. On boarding was great, and everything was prepared from day one. Would strongly recommend this company to anyone who is looking to work for a stable, and well established company.
Pros
Benefits, Other employees, Salary
near home
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Grimshaw, AB10 October 2017
for me was an very bad experience because the environment was not i spectated nobady talk every one at his own busines and was very hard for me because i usually try to be gentle and nice but not al people where that including the mannager
Pros
just 8 hours a day
Cons
enviroment betwen employees
Terrible place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB2 October 2017
The workplace moral is terrible, constant issues between departments and management are blind to all issues regarding how to run a successful business. Very hostile working conditions in regards to management along with constant job threats for not meeting unrealistic sales demands. No training or guidance and this company has the worst onboarding of any company I have ever worked for in the past. Lies are constant about commissions and base salary must be paid back with paid out commissions. No chance for advancement.
Do not apply for this job. Worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
everything else.
Up and coming fast paced good paying company
Sales Management/Rep (Current Employee) –  Moosomin, SK22 August 2017
fast paced days which fly by

much about the farming industry

great team environment

some stressfull times

selling products that the clients need and use
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
slow months in winter
Amazing place
Parts Person (Current Employee) –  Dauphin, MB8 August 2017
Great place to work well productive great people to work with and good work experiences around parts for tractors and general farm equipment. ........
pay check doesn't bounce
BSM (Former Employee) –  Camrose8 August 2017
This company is a revolving door - controlled by a CEO that unplugged the clock to save time. The branches are divided into silo's that compete with each other to abuse the customers. No Branch Manager to oversee each location.

There is nothing good to say about this company- be ready to watch your back - HR dept is good at terminating people.
Pros
short term
Cons
turn over and brutal old boys club
Very inappropriate Job Inviroment
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Killam, AB1 August 2017
This place is the worst place to work for do not apply to this job the people are rude and will try to get you fired, it is the worst place i have ever worked for management doesn't help you when you need it most and doesn't couch you or train yeah.
Pros
Benefits and saving plans
Cons
workplace Invorment sucks rude people
Low Morale
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Canada23 July 2017
A very immature and unprofessional environment. There is no training and management hoards knowledge as though it is a secret.
There is no team. Every day felt like D-Day especially with all the management's closed door meetings. Not to mention all of the "disappearing acts" one in particular would make.
The branch I worked at was not producing and it was full of hardworking people who seemed to have just well, given up!
Too bad it all starts at the top.
Expect the worst so you won't be dissapointed.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No guidance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rocky Mountain Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8