Rockwell Automation Employee Reviews

Great culture
Senior Project Manager in Automation (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2019
This is a great place to work.
The company respects its employees.
They have been very good with me.

The only issues is that the Oil and Gas market is not doing so good right now and therefore they had to let go 25% of their team.
Pros
Great people
has some excellent people to work with
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 January 2019
was a good company, getting worse now. cutting many positions in North America to reduce the cost. not stable any more. multi-culture, flexible working hours.
productive and fun place with ping pong table
Co-op Internship as Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 December 2018
Great place to start a career, people are really nice and really helping each other. Not only learning the product also teaching people how to think like an engineer and participate in the meeting.
Pros
Great balance between work and life
Cons
Keep doing what is doing now
very poor leadership
past employee (Former Employee) –  Canada14 November 2018
All the good people move on and the ones that stay are the poor leaders that continue to drive out great talent to other companies that pay better and have real leaders/ Managers
Pros
great training for your next position
Cons
poor leaders
Technical Consultant - IA (OEM) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 November 2018
Good place to work. Fosters growth. Just dont raise too many concerns to get noticed. Great work life balance. Not a great environment for knowledge sharing between peers
Great People, Great evironment, Poor planning and poorly run
Mechanical Assembler / Upender (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 October 2018
Rockwell was a great place to work in terms of environment and people. Everyone was friendly and the job was pretty layed back for the rate of pay as I have always done labour intensive work. There was often poor planning resulting in shortages of work. When management changed things took a turn for the worst things seemed to be getting worse in terms of planning but maybe that's because they were making so many changes. People have been on contract here for several years as they are unwilling to hire new employees claiming they cannot forsee the long-term.
Pros
nice people, non labour intensive, can build a career
Cons
not looking to hire full time employees, managment lacks knowledge of what really goes on, poor planning resulting in shortages of work
Large, well known company with good product
Product Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 July 2018
Standard work day with bit of an outdated atmosphere. Use of ProE software to model in 3D and evaluate product. Cross boarder work available if willing to relocate.
Pros
Large strong company with opportunity
Cons
Outdated management team
A good place to work with good benifits
Senior Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 June 2018
I learned a great deal about the industry and there where plenty of growth opportunities within the organization. There was a very positive reward system in place while I was there.
Pros
Very organized
Cons
No coments
Very Stubborn Culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 May 2018
People have been in same position for 15+ years. I see a few retired after working in SAME position for 38 years. Impossible to change and benefit from new technology.
Great work environment with a great team
Painter (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 March 2018
My day started with meeting the head painter and get my painting duties for the shift. Then I would start painting according to the managers requirements. Then clean up work station at the end of my shift. The managers and co workers were amazing as we all assisted and supported one another. The hardest part of this position was the night shifts. However, I enjoyed how the day moved quickly and I could independently on the tasks outlined for my shift.
Pros
the shift of 4 10 hour days with 3 off
Cons
the night shifts
Big company
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2018
I worked in the company at Calgary AB during 2012-2013. I am electrical engineer in charge of project design and commissioning.
Good company but need have better management.
Workplace Culture
Marketing Data Analyst / Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 December 2017
Excellent- We had a great group of people on our team. We worked hard to ensure we were sensitive to peoples different cultures, believes etc. We did activities so people could get to know each other.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
not enough time
Powder Coat Paint Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 August 2017
Benefits are excellent. Upper management is helpful and supportive. Co workers are decent. Work production is always good. the hardest part is the the relative motion with painting.
Productive and fun place to work with table tennis table
System Firmware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 August 2017
I loved working at Rockwell. I learned a lot from very experienced full time engineers. Management is also very organised. They use Agile development process which helps keep everyone in the team very focused. The managers never let the developers feel the heat coming from the higher ups. Overall a nice place to work
Pros
Good working environment, nice people
Cons
Nothing much to do in Cambridge, office is old and outdated lookswise
Awesome place to work the people where awesome. I left to move back to Newfoundland
Door assembly (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 August 2017
Very safe place to work. Everybody is there to help you out I enjoy every day coming to work. I learned so much there. Assembled doors for cabinets that were used on oil rigs. Attached hinges and lights to the doors. Read ED. Reading blueprints for doors ' location, and what door needed. Printed work orders from computer on AS400 technology. Trained new employees on how to build doors and use the computer 's operating system. Worked as a team member.
Pros
Awesome 👏
Cons
60 hours a week very busy
Non-Inclusive Culture & Negative Working Environment
Management-Sales Environment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2017
Rockwell Automation falsely advertises that they are an inclusive culture & have a positive working environment. Nothing is further from the truth. They do not share information with their staff and keep their employees in the dark, often lying to their faces. Rockwell only cares about incoming sales and the rest of the staff are treated like second class citizens. Rockwell's 'leadership' is terrible and the people they have in charge of Canada are incompetent and frankly, mean spirited. I would never advise anyone to work for this Company. Rockwell does very little to provide training or support for their staff, often leaving them alone to figure it out on their own. Rockwell does not reward or value innovation or forward thinking leadership and new ideas. From my experience, Rockwell leadership only wants you to speak when spoken to and to just keep it to yourself if you have a new idea. I do not recommend this Company to anyone who would like to work in a positive working environment.
Pros
Average pay
Cons
Unprofessional Leadership & Lack of Direction
Cooperative and productive
Co-op - Electricity and Power Development (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 May 2017
Very respectful working environment. opportunity to learn new skills.Enjoyed stay at Rockwell automation. learned software development environment and testing.
Pros
All benefits
Cons
Random and continuous development and improvement process
APPLICATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 April 2017
I enjoyed working there.
My responsibility was design, sales and technical support for Rockwell product design, installation and overall regular communication with the customers, distributors and plant technician
for completion and delivery of project order.
gret place
painter cnnc strippett shear operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 April 2017
a great place to work for. while there got to learn a new trade in many fields and Rockwell is dedicated in training and safety is there number one goal
Pros
work force
Cons
no cons
Ra
Field Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 June 2016
Rockwell Automation is great atmosphere, everyone is very friendly helpful; there is always an extra hand when needed.A great company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwell Automation. Our community is ready to answer.

Rockwell Automation Reviews by Location